Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Walla posted:

Wait, there's a loving SRPG Metal Gear? I'm down. What system?

Two of them in fact, they’re only on PSP though (possibly Vita as well, I’m not sure)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Walla posted:

Wait, there's a loving SRPG Metal Gear? I'm down. What system?

PSP! Play them on your PLAYSTATION VITA!!!!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Consider how long the tail was on the Vita for niche titles despite being basically abandoned after the first year by Sony, imagine the kind of life the Vita would have now as a place for niche and indie titles if it didn't use proprietary memory cards. If you could just buy an old Vita and throw an SD card in there instead of having to track down an 80 dollar 16 GB Vita card.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
MGS4 is the Metal Gear Solid of Metal Gear games

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Larryb posted:

Two of them in fact, they’re only on PSP though (possibly Vita as well, I’m not sure)

I will play them on my Vita! Yeah!

:)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm not going to probate any for it but please don't be inconsiderate and throw out unmarked spoilers for games people are posting about playing through, that's just incredibly rude.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Gripweed posted:

MGS4 is fantastic and features the most romantic moment in any video game. RARITY DON'T WATCH THIS

NOBODY ELSE MAKE ANY COMMENTS THAT MIGHT SPOIL IT FOR RARITY, JUST AGREE THAT IS THE MOST ROMANTIC MOMENT IN ANY VIDEO GAME EVER

fyi awful on ios autoembeds videos

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Rinkles posted:

fyi awful on ios autoembeds videos

well that's stupid

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
there's probably a toggle

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Putting the video in a spoiler tag should do the trick

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

haveblue posted:

Probably because it was designed so tightly around the bizarro PS3 architecture that porting it would be too much effort :/

Yeah there's even a segment which relies on the in-built PS1 emulator!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

Last time I played Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate I just played the single player campaign to the credits. This time since I figure it's the last time I'll enjoy the classic Monster Hunter gameplay before being spoiled by the simplified new Monster Hunter gameplay I'm trying out more stuff, doing some Hub quests, and I just discovered Deviant Monsters.

check this guy out

Is it hare? Or is it bear?

It is neither, so beware!

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Real Cool Catfish posted:

It Takes Two is solid fun so far.

It's a beautiful game! My partner and I are about to finish the part with the wasps. We played through A Way Out a couple weeks ago and had no idea It Takes Two would be coming out so soon, seriously hoping cooperative-only titles become more mainstream.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

All this MGS4 talk reminded me of the easter egg where if you shake the controller, Naomi's boobs bounce.

Kojima...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mgs4 spoiler when the man shouts at the other man and you're mad about it but also secretly jealous cause man that man is so cool

I might hop on my ps3 and dink around on some psclassics I bought years ago

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Heads up the MG AC!D games are a little rough. 2 is a bit better but go in with minimal hype

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Is Atelier Ryza extremely good cause it's half price right now

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Simone Magus posted:

It is pretty good and fun, but you really have to like crafting in games. It's built completely around it. I like the game and I've spent some 15 hours on it already, which is something I don't do often these days.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

Heads up the MG AC!D games are a little rough. 2 is a bit better but go in with minimal hype

Ac!d has one of the craziest plots in metal gear, absolute lunacy. 2 plays and looks better, but its plot is like Tom Clancy level.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Simone Magus posted:

it's pretty good

Cardiovorax posted:

It is pretty good and fun, but you really have to like crafting in games. It's built completely around it. I like the game and I've spent some 15 hours on it already, which is something I don't do often these days.

this is the entire atelier series

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

cheetah7071 posted:

this is the entire atelier series
Yeah, I didn't know if Simone has ever played any other Atelier games, so I thought I'd just point it out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Breath of Fire 2, the village you start in has multiple toilets that are clogged up. But later in the game you'll have a flashback sequence to decades prior, and the toilets are still clogged up!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol EA Desktop is even shittier than the Game Pass app (which makes you use it to install EA games); half the time the download fails to start, then half the time it finishes and you load the game up it fails to actually start

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MGS4: Holy poo poo the rail shooter section through the streets of Europe is :krad:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

MGS4: Holy poo poo the rail shooter section through the streets of Europe is :krad:

That part when getting the Big Boss Emblem is loving hard as balls,
Eva dies in two or three hits so you have to pinpoint precision pop everyone in the head with a tranq dart before they start seeing you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh no EVA's gonna die :(

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

My friends and I started playing Return of The Obra Dinn about a while ago and had a great time, but we got stuck at some point, and we ended up dropping it for about a year. So last night we just got a Gamefaqs guide up and finished it, and I'm not gonna lie, I think there's a 0% chance we would have actually figured out everything, specifically knowing to use the shoes of the Chinese topmen from the numbered hammocks to discover their identities. That must have been crazy cathartic to anyone who got that legitimately though.

Also the epilogue chapter was kind of cool, and helped further inform the Captain's choice of suicide at the end, but it was kind of a let down as a Golden Ending thing imo,

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
THEY'RE BURNING AT MY FLESH! AND MY SOUL!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Man, reading this irl play-by-play of MGS4 just reminds me that it kinda ruled. Even though it's definitely the stupidest game in the series, the set-pieces and big moments do enough to justify it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Raging Raven was a slog of a boss fight, way less interesting than Octopus. Worth it for the best line since Stillman going "I've killed my soul!" though

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sometimes I think about how many hours were spent modeling and animating those ultra-realistic CGI eggs (that still look horrible and fake despite being overlaid over footage of real eggs) to make a really bad metaphor about womanhood and parenting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Naomi you goddam dirty traitor no wait this was obvious I can't even be mad

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

wuggles posted:

Putting the video in a spoiler tag should do the trick

like we all don't know what they're talking about

Snake...

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
at first i was like "why is naomi hot for vamp all of a sudden" and then I was like "wait why isn't everyone hot for vamp"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Maybe connecting all of the world's military to one network wasn't the best idea :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh hey it's that gif of Ocelot doing the finger guns! :neckbeard:

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Rarity posted:

I love that the actual country is never specified. The anachronistic presentation of MGS is something that I'll always appreciate.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Johnny you managed to save Meryl, you're not a complete gently caress up :unsmith:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

God I want to play a game. I'm just not interested in anything I have and I can't think of any I want. It sucks.

Metal Gear sounds rad but I suck at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

mkvltra posted:

I love that the actual country is never specified. The anachronistic presentation of MGS is something that I'll always appreciate.
I always thought it looked like Prague.