Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Pendent posted:

The gorget is noticeably more angular on the original unpainted MegaUltraMarine

Probably a captain, he doesn't have a helmet on after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Mango Polo posted:

As a Tyranid player, I 100% approve of burning the entire library of rulebooks and army books to the ground and quenching the fire by pissing and shiting upon it. All in the vain hope that a glorious phoenix might arise from the ashes covered in piss and poo poo.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I found the old Khorne Berserkers I was talking about. I have about 5 Zerkers with headcrests that are old, metal, and not too bad looking. But I have these two which are the awesome, crestless ones that I was talking about.

Anyone know if trying to make a Khorne kill team in SWA that focuses on trying to get into close combat as fast as possible would be viable?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The original mega Marine also had Green stuff on it so it was clearly a prototype or something. This new one isn't exactly the same but it's clearly from the same kit or design.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Khorne Daemonkin being gone is great! I have a huge World Eaters army for 40k, and even I thought it was asinine that they had their own book. Just take demons as allies and add the Axe of Khorne (and the HQ chart) to the base CSM book. Done.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I just don't know who is shitposting anymore.

The picture in the book with the colour schemes in is literally the exact same figure with the same pose.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Thundercloud posted:

I just don't know who is shitposting anymore.

The picture in the book with the colour schemes in is literally the exact same figure with the same pose.

No, it can't be. :qq:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
So is Xenos going to be one big general faction that all the non-human non-Chaos races go into and they can all ally or something like that?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Don't think so, thinking those are just generalised categories for that website. Don't think GW are going Grand Alliance with 40k outside of Imperium/Chaos (which, let's be fair, they've pretty much done for a while now).

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

jadebullet posted:

Anyone know if trying to make a Khorne kill team in SWA that focuses on trying to get into close combat as fast as possible would be viable?

Depends upon how much terrain you have :cheeky:

goose willis posted:

So is Xenos going to be one big general faction that all the non-human non-Chaos races go into and they can all ally or something like that?

Don't do this to me GW

Although it would be kinda fair since all the loving imperium factions are buddy-buddy. But nah, its not fluffy.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I totally expected the Sisters and Inquisition to be physical book exclusives, thanks for that link.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

All they need is a new NPC faction to stick Tyranids into

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

As a Tyranid player, I 100% approve of burning the entire library of rulebooks and army books to the ground and quenching the fire by pissing and shiting upon it. All in the vain hope that a glorious phoenix might arise from the ashes covered in piss and poo poo.

Warhammer 40k: The vain hope that a glorious phoenix might arise from the ashes covered in piss and poo poo

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

TTerrible posted:

No, it can't be. :qq:

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

moths posted:

I totally expected the Sisters and Inquisition to be physical book exclusives, thanks for that link.

There are apparently either more downloads or White Dwarf support on the way. A Black Templars list where you can take scouts and marines is circulating amongst GW staff.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

gently caress, I would love to play Templars. I actually have a bunch of the old metal Mohawk-mullet scouts from when I wanted to do a more feudal looking army of Templars, along with metal Templar shoulder pads and backpacks.

Are the Sisters on 32mm bases in the PDF? It looks like they finally are, but I'd like a second opinion.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I for one hope they keep Khorne Daemonkin as a faction given I've painted a bunch of my Ork counts as guys and have recently finished converting my first squad of berserkers. Gonna be annoyed if the only way to take them is via 'narrative' or 'open' play.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
If they are going in a Sigmar-ish direction, then something like Daemonkin becomes a little redundant. The ability to more freely mix/match armies and whatnot, even in Matched Points cases, detracts from one of the core features of that faction.

Can see Blood Tithe staying for Khorne units though, considering Sigmar's Khorne book added it in for all Khorne stuff.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

moths posted:

Are the Sisters on 32mm bases in the PDF? It looks like they finally are, but I'd like a second opinion.

They seem to still be 25mm. Their feet are touching both edges of the bases.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Only thing that would get me angry is if they radically change the scale of Marines.

Everything else can burn.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zaphod42 posted:

Jesus Mary and Joseph please give us some new Chaos Marine Models. They're loving ancient.

The logo for the new edition is one half Space Marine, one half Chaos Space Marine. They're definitely doing new CSM

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Would make sense for the new starter set.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Nah man they're just gonna do more loving boring fluff and worship of Cypher and give him thirty formations and a new MULTI-PART PLASTIC KIT with 40,000 weapon options that are all various pistols so that lame-rear end nerds can have their deep, dark, mysterious pseudo-Chaos character be some anti-hero like their beloved Shadow the Hedgehog

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

goose willis posted:

Nah man they're just gonna do more loving boring fluff and worship of Cypher and give him thirty formations and a new MULTI-PART PLASTIC KIT with 40,000 weapon options that are all various pistols so that lame-rear end nerds can have their deep, dark, mysterious pseudo-Chaos character be some anti-hero like their beloved Shadow the Hedgehog

Looks more like Death Guard to me

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

goose willis posted:

I'm pretty sure Chaos has some emeralds around somewhere.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Could they just please make the Marines generic instead of god awful dark angels or whatever.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
So wait, they released a whole bunch of expensive End Times books and models then and immediately invalidated them with a new edition?

Again?

No wonder they felt the need to include this
:cawg:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

I'm pretty sure Chaos has some emeralds around somewhere.

Chaos is easily fooled by chili dogs?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

adamantium|wang posted:

So wait, they released a whole bunch of expensive End Times books and models then and immediately invalidated them with a new edition?

Again?

No wonder they felt the need to include this

:cawg:

The FAQ specifically says the plotlines from Gathering in the Storm would be continued in the new edition:

quote:

Wait, did you guys blow up the universe?
Nope. This is very much still the Warhammer 40,000 setting you know and love. Now, that’s not to say we won’t see the story advance – there’s some pretty epic stuff ahead! You can certainly expect to see the story arcs that began in the recent Gathering Storm campaign books continue to unfold with plenty of exciting developments to look forward to…

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I like the people taking the self-depreciating joke way too seriously.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LingcodKilla posted:

Could they just please make the Marines generic instead of god awful dark angels or whatever.

Those marines in the pics look pretty generic, and I doubt they'd roll out new marines and also completely different new marines in the starter box at the same time

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I wonder if they're finally going to tick the clock over into 41,000, or if all these unfolding story events will keep getting crammed into the final day of 40,999 like some horribly frantic episode of 24.

7am: Tyranid hive fleet lands on Baal
8am: Guilliman duels Swarmlord to save the day
9am: Cypher does something mysterious & ambigious
10am: Void Dragon uncovered on Mars
11am: Guess where Guilliman is!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SteelMentor posted:

I've had the feeling for a while that the death thread folks were much more emotionally invested in 8th edition than the people who actually play the game

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

11am: Guess where Guilliman is!

In the Swarmlords belly! Nids win, game over.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

RagnarokAngel posted:

The FAQ specifically says the plotlines from Gathering in the Storm would be continued in the new edition:

Well that's a relief. I know the most worrying part of AoS for me was if the plot line continued on from the last game. :ohdear:

SteelMentor posted:

It seems to be doing its job at preemptively deflecting criticism quite well.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

The model rules, detachments, and formations are invalidated though. Sucks for those that got them for that reason.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

adamantium|wang posted:

It seems to be doing its job at preemptively deflecting criticism quite well.

fuckin lol at this level of bitterness

Floppychop posted:

The model rules, detachments, and formations are invalidated though. Sucks for those that got them for that reason.

Yeah but as near as I can tell, everyone hated those rules sooooo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Floppychop posted:

All of the rules from all of the codexes are invalidated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Everything is inevitably invalidated, sweeped away like dust in the winds of time. Enjoy the moment.

• Locked thread