Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I was going to buy the Play Arts Kai Jessie+Bike set off AmiAmi cause it's ridiculously discounted right now, $73 US, significantly less than the cost of Jessie by herself. But the shipping costs are not determined until after you place the order. I got my email saying the grand total was going to be ~$200 US. So that's $127 for shipping. Nearly tripling the cost. Never seen anything like that. I'm trying out editing the order with a different shipping method and see if it's even remotely affordable. If not, I'm just going to have to cancel that order, because that's just straight up uncool. I know this is a relatively large item, and shipping is not usually that steep, but it's making me rethink buying anything from there right now.

The box it comes in is loving gigantic.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It never really occurred to me to try buying stuff from Japanese Amazon, but it seems like maybe a good option for some stuff. What are their shipping prices like?

Their express uses DHL and always costs around what I expect from Japan but it does tell you what it will be during purchase instead of AmiAmi's way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

20 or so bucks

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiroc posted:

The box it comes in is loving gigantic.

I believe it! Those guys come in big boxes to begin with.

I really, really want the Roche + bike set but I don't know if I will ever find it for an affordable price, especially shipped, considering how big that box must be.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Honestly amazonjp owns because more often than not I’ll be like oh poo poo cool this figure is dropping in Japan now, and I see it on preorder on Amazon us. But it ships in 3 or so months. Check out jp, and it’s in stock now and ready to ship. I haven’t had an issue yet except the nasty damp box lol

But the figure was fine

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s like 475 on BBTs but probably gets pretty close considering shipping.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Some googling told me the "air small parcel" option might be the cheap one so I'm trying that. I'll report back when I get a final price with that option. If you have any other info about which option is cheap, let me know.

Generally speaking I'm not that cool with paying more for shipping than I do for the thing I'm buying, especially when it's expensive to begin with.

Yeah, Air Small Packet is great if your item fits in it (I think Jessie+Bike won’t? But I’m not sure). I usually just use EMS or DHL.

Absolutely do not use the last option that says it might take months. They literally send it by boat and it does take months, and if something fucks up with delivery they won’t help you.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

It’s like 475 on BBTs but probably gets pretty close considering shipping.

Roche + Bike is roughly $266 US on AmiAmi without shipping. I would fully expect shipping to be a lot, but it might still be cheaper than BBTS. If BBTS ever puts it on sale though, it might become a good deal.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Finally got Mafex Psylocke:

Got my reservations at first, but she looks very cool in hand.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Yeah, Air Small Packet is great if your item fits in it (I think Jessie+Bike won’t? But I’m not sure). I usually just use EMS or DHL.

Absolutely do not use the last option that says it might take months. They literally send it by boat and it does take months, and if something fucks up with delivery they won’t help you.

They said air small packet is not available, and helpfully switched it to EMS which also cost more than the item cost. Not quite as bad as DHL but still like $100. I tried doing an edit one more time to "air parcel" which is the only other option that doesn't take months. Awaiting a new invoice to see what the cost is, or if it even works. If that doesn't end up being reasonably priced, I'm giving up and canceling the order.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can't believe Goku is loving dead. Again.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hello again Action Figure thread! I posted a few weeks ago about how I'd bought my first action figure. It was the Mezco Dr Doom. Love the figure. But I had it on my comic shelf with all my trades and it felt a bit... empty. So I decided it needed a bit more visual substance. Don't get me wrong it's a great figure but one figure just standing there all lonely is kind of underwhelming. I hit up Etsy of course to see if some mad genius had made something to spruce it up a bit and came away with this awesome looking throne. Having never ordered anything like this before I was a bit apprehensive but it's quite gorgeous and clearly a lot of detail went into painting all the little parts. I think it completes the look of the figure well. Doom now rules over my entire comic shelf from the comfort of his cozy throne!

But now he may need a bit more company.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dang that's a good throne! I got the figure recently after your previous post. I wasn't expecting him to be as heft as he is!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Now that's a throne Doom would love.

Probably straight from a comic at some point.

People are getting emails telling them their Vamps with Clutch are in the process of being shipped!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Buy more Dooms and say they're Doombots.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That's nicer than the Marvel Selects Doctor Doom throne that is just pretty much just a chair with some banners on the sides.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-112-clutch-with-vamp-multi-purpose-attack-vehicle

Vamps back in stock!

They're in the process of shipping.

Get yours while they are in stock.

Metal-Head is coming out on the 21st now!

Almost all of the wave are now listed for this month.

There was some talk of one port having it's traffic being cleared so the items might be arriving faster than previously expecting.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 8, 2024

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’m not a Duner so I don’t know a lot about Paul. Bbts has a 1/6 scale Paul for a reasonable 650 dollars. Is Paulie with that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's about double what a licensed 1/6 figure should go for.

It also seems like the only difference between the regular and deluxe is $200 rooted hair?

Edit: it's $360 for the regular and $475 for the Deluxe on the Queen Studios site. Deluxe is still high but that's more in line.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 8, 2024

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

That's about double what a licensed 1/6 figure should go for.

Must be the Tomothee tax

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Bluperman!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1766162641154703656?s=46

One handed Arthur

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1766117665758691536?s=46

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

JLA was so good during this era.

It had the best group possible.

Best GL and Flash too.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Got wave 2 of the X-Men '97 figures today minus Magneto and they're some pretty fun upgrades. I was gonna pop Cyclops' VHS head on the new figure to get rid of the blue cel-shading I couldn't remove, but now I gotta display him with the optic blast as it's too cool not to. Jean's new heads fit on the love triangle 3-pack body though the hair down head sits too loose on the peg yet looks better than the prior heads that are showing their age. Nightcrawler is more or less the same though I like the newer heads better than the prior versions. X-Cutioner and Goblin Queen are excellent yet I have no loving room in my cases for more villains. Great wave overall.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sold out. :smith:

I wonder how long it took.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

X-O posted:

Hello again Action Figure thread! I posted a few weeks ago about how I'd bought my first action figure. It was the Mezco Dr Doom. Love the figure. But I had it on my comic shelf with all my trades and it felt a bit... empty. So I decided it needed a bit more visual substance. Don't get me wrong it's a great figure but one figure just standing there all lonely is kind of underwhelming. I hit up Etsy of course to see if some mad genius had made something to spruce it up a bit and came away with this awesome looking throne. Having never ordered anything like this before I was a bit apprehensive but it's quite gorgeous and clearly a lot of detail went into painting all the little parts. I think it completes the look of the figure well. Doom now rules over my entire comic shelf from the comfort of his cozy throne!

But now he may need a bit more company.

That throne is really beautiful.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Got wave 2 of the X-Men '97 figures today minus Magneto and they're some pretty fun upgrades. I was gonna pop Cyclops' VHS head on the new figure to get rid of the blue cel-shading I couldn't remove, but now I gotta display him with the optic blast as it's too cool not to. Jean's new heads fit on the love triangle 3-pack body though the hair down head sits too loose on the peg yet looks better than the prior heads that are showing their age. Nightcrawler is more or less the same though I like the newer heads better than the prior versions. X-Cutioner and Goblin Queen are excellent yet I have no loving room in my cases for more villains. Great wave overall.

Cel shading aside, is the new Cyke an improvement over the VHS? It’s the one I skipped since it looks to be the same fig over all.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

Cel shading aside, is the new Cyke an improvement over the VHS? It’s the one I skipped since it looks to be the same fig over all.

Virtually identical beyond different head sculpts and black lines around the X on his chest belt thing. Both are excellent figures overall but I'd probably recommend the '97 version if you're needing to pick between the two of them.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Virtually identical beyond different head sculpts and black lines around the X on his chest belt thing. Both are excellent figures overall but I'd probably recommend the '97 version if you're needing to pick between the two of them.

Excellent. I’m happy with my de-cell shaded Cyke so I can skip this one.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Sold out. :smith:

I wonder how long it took.

They've been popping back and forth so keep checking.

Techo-Viper, Alpine, Quick-Kick, and Big Boa are also now confirmed to be coming out on the 21st!

Correction, Airborne not Alpine.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 8, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joe Fisto posted:

I’m not a Duner so I don’t know a lot about Paul. Bbts has a 1/6 scale Paul for a reasonable 650 dollars. Is Paulie with that?

Inart is a psycho rich person company

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

JLA was so good during this era.

It had the best group possible.

Best GL and Flash too.

They’re going to reveal the last two tomorrow, hopefully we get Guy.

The BAF is Plastic Man.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

The Last Call posted:

They've been popping back and forth so keep checking.

Techo-Viper, Alpine, Quick-Kick, and Big Boa are also now confirmed to be coming out on the 21st!

Alpine or Airborne?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Alpine or Airborne?

Oh poo poo, Airborne.

Alpine's been on the brain lately.

We should see Alpine among the next reveals.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Inart is a psycho rich person company

I got the Ledger joker from them but it was a reasonable price. I guess Paul is better than Joker.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw that joker going for a grand on their site but you get two jonkers so idk.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

I saw that joker going for a grand on their site but you get two jonkers so idk.

Oh I just did the one, since I hate rooted hair. It was 300 or so.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Considering how the man kept going I half expected him to be around for another thirty years.

He's gone to teach a dinosaur to ride a ball now.

He probably would have; he died of a subhemeral hematoma.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joe Fisto posted:

Oh I just did the one, since I hate rooted hair. It was 300 or so.

Oh nice! Maybe that was all that was left idk. Good to know they’re not that insane lol

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I have the InArt Aragorn on preorder because the prototype was loving gorgeous and apparently Gandalf turned out great, but I’m not going to make a habit of buying their stuff.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Colonel Whitey posted:

I have the InArt Aragorn on preorder because the prototype was loving gorgeous and apparently Gandalf turned out great, but I’m not going to make a habit of buying their stuff.

This is where I'm at... I'm sorta interested in their Ledger Joker, but at this point the aftermarket prices are crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Finally submitted a cancellation request to AmiAmi after trying four different shipping methods and every single one more than doubled the cost of the item. Honestly it's still a reasonably good deal for the item in question (cheapest was about $165 US, total, for the PAK Jessie + bike set) but partly it's the principle of it, like I feel like the list price was misleading, and partly I just don't want the thing that bad. I could find a better use for that amount of money. Like PAK figures I don't already have.

It's a little aggravating that you have to request permission to cancel an order with AmiAmi. Like... I'm not gonna pay it. They can choose to be mad about it if they want to.