Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Hell yeah

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

went looking for it and it was in my pics folder called slammo.jpg

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you know i was sick to death of star wars but the games they made in vr are extremely high quality. one of them is kind of like your standard star wars adventure: youre breaking into vader's compound, learn you have force powers, blast stormtroopers and lightsaber them. real cool stuff, but completely on rails. the other one is like a cover shooter with a few different more open locations, and in that one you fight cantina dirtbags instead of storm troopers...no lightsaber in that one sadly

funny when i remember playing a vr game i dont really remember playing it as a game. you know the book the giver? its kind of like that, like im remembering someone else's memories. wild.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah I'll try hiring more dudes for base defense, I think it just hosed me because it was so early in the game I had spent all my money on scientists, I only had 14 soldiers and had lost 6 on a night terror mission and my tank so I only had 8 dudes to defend the base, all rookies

I actually never bothered with manufacturing stuff very much because OXC told me it was only generating like 300-400k a month or something and I was making millions a month off just selling plasma rifles and pistols and mind probes and poo poo so it just didn't seem to matter much, I never had money problems at all after the first month

Early game base defense after a night terror mission is probably the biggest overall challenge in the game when you factor in how weak you are at that point in the game and how consistently the game will throw the combo at you. The OG game iirc would sometimes throw you a base defense in like the 2nd week which, lol RIP, but I think openXcom made that rarer

There's stuff you can have them making that will make you serious money, but having your engineers making stuff for sale is at least as much about covering their upkeep and then a little on top, which means you can keep a whole lot on hand for when you do need something made fast. Once you have better stuff to make, it's about covering the cost of the scientists in the base as well. You can make a real killing just selling loot, especially on the harder difficulties, but it's unreliable and risky to get.

Also you can just touch down at a terror mission and then bail to take a much smaller points penalty for failing it compared to ignoring it, they can be really nasty and honestly the only reason I'm able now to do early game terror missions is because I'm in the habit of taking things slow, always moving in smoke, and kissing and hugging hi-ex all day every day

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

theres also Squadrons which i played through on flat, so im struggling to play through again in vr but its loving cool sitting in the actual cockpit of a tie fighter and blowing up xwings over bespin

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

As for the civilians at the terror sites, well, you'll become a lot less concerned for their welfare the 30th time they gently caress up your flank by stopping like a moron in a 1 tile wide alley

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

might as well be AI art.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

theres also Squadrons which i played through on flat, so im struggling to play through again in vr but its loving cool sitting in the actual cockpit of a tie fighter and blowing up xwings over bespin

I could believe star fighter would be amazing on vr if you had the stomach for it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

might as well be AI art.

it's from one of the ttrpg books

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the point of total war is massing artillery and then watching in slow motion as the hapless little men are squashed by cannonballs.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

the point of total war is massing artillery and then watching in slow motion as the hapless little men are squashed by cannonballs.

you ever play napoleon? you just load in canister shot and walk away for 5 minutes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I vaguely remember the Star wars prequel RTS and yeah, sure. The Jedis are probably equivalent to dlc tier hero characters. It fits perfect.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Al! posted:

you know i was sick to death of star wars but the games they made in vr are extremely high quality. one of them is kind of like your standard star wars adventure: youre breaking into vader's compound, learn you have force powers, blast stormtroopers and lightsaber them. real cool stuff, but completely on rails. the other one is like a cover shooter with a few different more open locations, and in that one you fight cantina dirtbags instead of storm troopers...no lightsaber in that one sadly

funny when i remember playing a vr game i dont really remember playing it as a game. you know the book the giver? its kind of like that, like im remembering someone else's memories. wild.

beat saber is still the best star wars game, vr or not

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/IconEra_/status/1791408833891356746?t=TgQDklWMmyDqJ0N2dlLQfg&s=19

Sure yeah okay

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

they have that already it's called a steam deck

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
alternatively: sony if you really wanna make money off a new handheld, let people put steam on it. you won't be able to keep them on the shelves.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I can't wait to play all those unported PS4 exclusives on the go

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I can't wait to play all those unported PS4 exclusives on the go

it's just called the BloodBorneGo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gotta wonder why they didn't just copy Nintendo directly and instead waited until they could copy Valve copying Nintendo

Maybe the lesson they took from Playstation Move was "poo poo Nintendo does isn't necessarily applicable to gaming at large" and the Steam Deck disproved it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
They're releasing portable bloodbjorn and you're laughing

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I will get bloodboob on pc now that sony has finally admitted defeat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol people are going to plop 600 bux to play 2 hours of bloodborne before realizing maybe they already played a shitload of it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

External Organs posted:

They're releasing portable bloodbjorn and you're laughing

if this were 2006 we'd be advertising portable Bloodborne with a full page magazine ad where an incredulous fat guy is carrying the Bloodborne guy in a baby bjorn

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

bedpan posted:

I always found the tactical stuff to be the weakest part of the experience compared to politics, city building, and agents
the best part of any total war was naval warfare in empire

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

if this were 2006 we'd be advertising portable Bloodborne with a full page magazine ad where an incredulous fat guy is carrying the Bloodborne guy in a baby bjorn

*Sony pays Donald Rumsfeld $3000 to tell the press corps NIGHTMARE SLAIN when they bomb an afghani wedding*

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

personally I wouldn’t mind a dedicated handheld Bloodborne device

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Al! posted:

lol people are going to plop 600 bux to play 2 hours of bloodborne before realizing maybe they already played a shitload of it

f-fuckin

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

World's first Trick Portable, in default form it plays Bloodborne, in trick form it plays Sony's only other exclusive, Astro's Playroom

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Ben Nerevarine posted:

personally I wouldn’t mind a dedicated handheld Bloodborne device

its been done

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7279234277408132395

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

if I’m going through all that you better believe I’m patching or modding it to 60 fps, whatever it takes

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

god todd should release a handheld that just does skyrim

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fuckt Tupp posted:

i remember some of the one on one fights in tsushima being p loving hard even on the normal mode so good luck with legendary

so far all the one on one fights have been pretty easy. where i'm getting got is when 5 spear poker fuckers swarm me. but i just now got spearman-parry so maybe those fuckers will be ez now

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

god todd should release a handheld that just does skyrim

please let us all live to see the glory of Bethesda hardware

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Still plugging away at Hades. Picked up every keepsake except one. I've learned to appreciate the gun since pairing it with Dionysus' festive fog cast is really fun. Then again festive fog is easily my favorite cast in the game. Gotten another clear with the shield, the sword, and the gun as well.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

please let us all live to see the glory of Bethesda hardware

Somehow for every one console sold 5 people end up dead

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

goth smoking cloves posted:

"it's ACTUALLY a meta reference to Fallout and, now that I've regained consciousness, I think it's pretty funny"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

goth smoking cloves posted:

Heyyyy ladies, welcome to my unboxing video of the Bethesda Todd Supreme! Alright, let's see here... *opens box, immediately clips through the floor and goes to hell*