Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I actually love this, way cooler than that ugly metallic green on the Fords.

And yea, Grabber Blue / Nitrous Blue (was that the RS color?) is hot as gently caress too.

I can't find the source thread, but someone on reddit had the Liquid Blue Fiesta ST that Ford actually used as a promo color alongside the GT, Raptor, and whatever else at that time. Thought this color was very very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Holden had you covered, but turns out selling LS powered sedans and wagons with manual gearboxes in good colours is a mugs game.

Jungle Green

Spitfire Green

Regal Peacock, which is absolutely stunning in sunlight and well underrated.

Other highlights;
Chlorophyll

Perfect blue

Morpheus Purple

Hero orange

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

That Perfect blue wagon is just the best

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Sab669 posted:

I actually love this, way cooler than that ugly metallic green on the Fords.

Yeah it was sweet, there's a couple of them ripping around my city. They discontinued it for this which I think is a shame

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Jesus christ those Holden colors

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I miss Ford's Grabber Green. I really liked Guard but they've already killed that off.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Franco Caution posted:

That Perfect blue wagon is just the best

Slipstream blue is also good if you want something a little more sleeperish, like maybe this 400kw LSA equipped version.

Although for some reason they didn’t build manual LSA wagons.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Any excuse to post this one...

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Porsche's miami blue is my favorite car color of all time

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Morpheus Purple

My lord I want this in the wagon with the LS and a stick, I would pay whatever I needed for it

Russian Bear posted:

Personally I really really like Carmine Red for the current Porsche line up.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

TheBacon posted:

My lord I want this in the wagon with the LS and a stick, I would pay whatever I needed for it

You gonna put your money where your mouth is?

http://www.lefthandutes.com/

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KillHour posted:

You gonna put your money where your mouth is?

http://www.lefthandutes.com/

gently caress me time to sell the bikes and home theater (also a kidney). Never mind the loan on a 16 year old VW, loan on a donor SS instead coming up.

There are a few times I regret not being good at my job, and this is absolutely one of them.

e: thinking about it, considering what they have to do and how far from factory it really is, it's probably way cheaper and better to get a V70R, CTS-V, one of the Audi's, or tune up a 3/5 series and just have it repainted purple.

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 16, 2020

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Goons with green machines.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

1994 Camry Coupe V6 Sport in Forest Green

Not my pic. Had this exact spec before digital cameras came out.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Minto Took posted:

That's exactly the color I wanted for my 124 Spider, which of course was not available. :swoon:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Minto Took posted:

this looks really freaking awesome man

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:3:

On that Camry, I like how you can see where four doors would go with that wheelbase.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That Hakone 86 is so niceeee

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
My mustang was green. My truck would have been green but they didn't offer it with the sport appearance package. And they brought the color back for 2021 and still don't offer it with sport. God damnit Ford.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

I learned recently of the 1973 only Firebird in Brewster Green, and it has given me many thoughts:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KillHour posted:

This was my first car, so I will always have a soft spot for dark green.

lol I owned this exact car as a 1500$ 'beater' (it was in phenomenal shape) between cars years ago (2006-7ish) just post-college and it was a pretty loving solid car. Comfortable, ok fuel mileage, reliable. It wasn't what I wanted but I put a ton of miles on it and sold it for more than I paid for it. It was a 94 so different grille, but same shade and everything.

Mine had the gold rims though haha.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Long gone but still green somewhere

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Minto Took posted:

excellent choice

I also really like whichever green for used on the '19 Bullit

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Real jealous of the sweet green cars.

I'm getting my new car in a metallic grey-ish color but I'm thinking about immediately getting it wrapped. Unfortunately it turns out that the two most popular vinyl companies, 3M and Avery, also have pretty lovely green selections. You can get get a bunch of brighter greens but nothing nice and dark like the previous cars.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I wish car wrapping was cheaper. I love the idea but I don't several thousand dollars love it.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

speaking of beautiful greens...

GramCracker posted:

I traded in my mk2 TTRS for a RS3 this past month. The RS3 is Paint to Sample in British Racing Green, and to my knowledge is either 1:1 in the US or the world. As soon as it showed up from California I immediately put H&R springs and my LM-R's on it, as well as some secondary decat pipes. I have a set of ecode headlights that I intend to put on the car this weekend to remove the amber corners. It's night and day difference compared to the TTRS, couldn't be happier.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The best green car (of the two) was this old girl.

I miss it but the electrical issues that cropped up around the 19 year mark necessitated its departure.

:emo:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Russian Bear posted:

Bold colours like this are so good

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

LeeMajors posted:

The best green car (of the two) was this old girl.

I miss it but the electrical issues that cropped up around the 19 year mark necessitated its departure.

:emo:

I'm pretty sure this green is different than your green, but around the same model year:

Green is good.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Minto Took posted:

Hi, Regal Peacock Green Chevrolet checking in.

heffray fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Oct 16, 2020

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Someone bought one!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I dated someone years ago who was in the car insurance business and she told me that green cars were statistically more likely to be in accidents. This fascinated me because green isn't really a common colour. I never did ask if they were all being piloted by old people who used to own a BRG something or other in their youth.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I dated someone years ago who was in the car insurance business and she told me that green cars were statistically more likely to be in accidents. This fascinated me because green isn't really a common colour. I never did ask if they were all being piloted by old people who used to own a BRG something or other in their youth.

Maybe they blend in better and are harder to see at speed or something? Does seem weird. Would’ve thought grey.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I forgot I owned a green car.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Someone bought one!

My neighbor has a silver one. He said it was fun at first, but now really annoying that everyone thinks it’s an Impala.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Minto Took posted:

My neighbor has a silver one. He said it was fun at first, but now really annoying that everyone thinks it’s an Impala.

at least it sounds nothing like an impala

there is a silver SS in the parking lot at work (different company, same lot) and i can sometimes hear him coming/going from inside

def one of the cooler cars in a sea of commuter appliances

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Steve French posted:

I learned recently of the 1973 only Firebird in Brewster Green, and it has given me many thoughts:

Isn't that the same model John Wayne drove in McQ?

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Raluek posted:

at least it sounds nothing like an impala

there is a silver SS in the parking lot at work (different company, same lot) and i can sometimes hear him coming/going from inside
I once forgot which level of the garage I parked on at work, and found the car by remote starting it and hearing the 525rpm idle on the floor above me. Bimodal mufflers are great (for engines that sound good in the first place).

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the only thing i regret about my S5 is that it is a boring color(daytona grey) and not blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

heated game moment posted:

Long gone but still green somewhere

This is very very good.

TheBacon posted:

speaking of beautiful greens...

As is this RS3.

My first car was a Dark Green over Tan Mk3 Jetta, kind of like this: