Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Animale posted:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/166942?o=4 Jessie and bike are on sale too, not sure if this is cheaper than importing from glorious Nippon.

Grabbing this, thanks for the heads up. The Cloud Jessie bike combo is like 400 but I dont need the Cloud so this is good for me.

The Last Call posted:

Didn't care for the remake but did love what they did with Jessie.

She definitely looks great here.

I didn't like the original as much as the rest of the world, but the remake was aces to me. Yeah Jessie is a cool homie and I'm going to put my other new fave (cause of the remake) Tifa on the bike with her as besties.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Animale posted:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/166942?o=4 Jessie and bike are on sale too, not sure if this is cheaper than importing from glorious Nippon.

It's very close to the same, based on looking at a lot of available options. It's about $10 cheaper than Amazon.

The main thing stopping me from buying this (from anywhere) is that I already have Jessie. I do want the bike, but do I $200 want it? Would I be able to recoup anything selling my extra Jessie? I don't know. I'm prioritizing other things.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That Aerith is tempting, but I think Cloud/Barret/Tifa is enough for my little FF7 display for now

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you have Tifa you need an Aerith. They're roommates.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

And Red 13 is their loyal companion

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Robophant INELIGIBLE for shipping to the frigid waste of canada boo

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Plus the Aerith figure is so good! Strong recommend from me if you don't have that one.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Aerith is cool

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Desperately waiting for them to release the Rebirth Yuffie so I can get her without the moogle cape.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Desperately waiting for them to release the Rebirth Yuffie so I can get her without the moogle cape.
This, plus I really want Vincent Valentine in this style. There are a bunch more characters I would buy if offered, but those are the top two.

The other day I finally caved in and bought Rufus and Reno from Nin-Nin. I want to get Rude too, but he's basically low priority due to being easily obtainable at pretty low prices pretty much everywhere. I really wasn't going to be all-in on this toy line, but it's getting to the point where I practically am. Part of it is that Rebirth expanded the roles of Rufus and his henchmen pretty significantly over the previous game, and now I like them more.

So far I've at least resisted buying every outfit for every character.

Side note: I'm sure I've mentioned this in the past... I have a weird relationship with video games in general. I don't play many of them. My memories of the original FF7 all come from chilling on the couch watching my brother play through it. I have replicated this experience with the remake games by watching cutscene compilations on YouTube. It's kind of liberating recognizing that I don't care much about playing it myself. I'm mostly just in it for the cool art, and by extension, the cool toys.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

This, plus I really want Vincent Valentine in this style. There are a bunch more characters I would buy if offered, but those are the top two.

The other day I finally caved in and bought Rufus and Reno from Nin-Nin. I want to get Rude too, but he's basically low priority due to being easily obtainable at pretty low prices pretty much everywhere. I really wasn't going to be all-in on this toy line, but it's getting to the point where I practically am. Part of it is that Rebirth expanded the roles of Rufus and his henchmen pretty significantly over the previous game, and now I like them more.

So far I've at least resisted buying every outfit for every character.

Yeah, I feel you. I started out and was only going to get the main crew, but Jessie’s expanded role made her an easy pick up. I’ve resisted the Turks so far, but if they make a Cissnei and Elena figure, then I’ll be in for the whole group.

I avoided picking up the dress versions of Tifa and Aerith, mostly because I am holding to just a single version of each character.

e: also I’m in for a a Zack too, assuming they make him at some point.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 13, 2024

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got my discount Beholder and Displacer Beast from Pulse.

The Beholder is great. It would be 100% better if it came with a floating stand though. Displacer is nice, if a bit wonky. The mid torso joint isn't great and I think the tentacles are just too long. Glad I didn't pay full price, but for 18 dollars its worth it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

They did make a Crisis Core Reunion Zack figure

https://na.store.square-enix-games.com/crisis-core---final-fantasy-vii---reunion-play-arts-kai-action-figure----zack-fair-soldier-2nd-class

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Have they made a Zach the Lego Maniac?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I already got a shipping notice for Snout Spout!

I've been considering picking this one up too, if it pops up for a good price somewhere. I'm not sure if they used the actual same molds from remake Cloud, but it kinda looks like it. It's at least close enough in style to the remake figures that it should look nice next to them on the shelf.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I already got a shipping notice for Snout Spout!

I've been considering picking this one up too, if it pops up for a good price somewhere. I'm not sure if they used the actual same molds from remake Cloud, but it kinda looks like it. It's at least close enough in style to the remake figures that it should look nice next to them on the shelf.

I have the 1st Class version and it is different from Cloud in all of the places it's supposed to be. It does share a lot of parts but they are largely wearing the same clothes.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I have the 1st Class version and it is different from Cloud in all of the places it's supposed to be. It does share a lot of parts but they are largely wearing the same clothes.

That's cool! To be clear I didn't mean it as a bad thing, I was actually hoping they came from the same molds, because it means they would completely fit together in terms of the style of the sculpt. A lot of PAK figures that aren't based on the same game have pretty different art styles, and my worry would be that they clash on the shelf and don't look like they belong in the same world. Those guys should look like two guys wearing variations of the same outfit, carrying basically the same sword. So reused parts is great news! I will need to track down a Zack.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Oh yeah, they totally fit together. They based it off the Crisis Core Remaster so the in game character model is basically(actually is?) the same as the Remake/Rebirth one, not the PSP one. The Buster Sword is the same as Remake Cloud’s, they didn’t make it the gold detailed version that actually appears in Crisis Core.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Now, when will they be brave enough to release PAK figures of Genesis and DEEPGROUND…?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Got my discount Beholder and Displacer Beast from Pulse.

The Beholder is great. It would be 100% better if it came with a floating stand though. Displacer is nice, if a bit wonky. The mid torso joint isn't great and I think the tentacles are just too long. Glad I didn't pay full price, but for 18 dollars its worth it.

The weight on the displacer’s tentacles is astonishing too, they probably weigh more together than the rest of the cat. They really could’ve sized them down a bit and nobody would care. I love that you’ve gotta risk putting your fingers in the beholder’s mouth to move his eye though.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yo Jo(die)!

Really liking her, she's gone straight in my currently limited display of only the OG 13 14.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
We're still missing three or four of the OG 13.

Kinda crazy to think about. Sadly they were never the most popular likely being the answer why.

Over the next two years I expect them all to be out.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I was digging through my phone and I found an image of Psyche-Out, really hoping for him, if only because he was the first joe that my mom bought for me as a kid :kimchi:

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
https://toynewsi.com/241-51982
(Street Sharks remaster figures preorder drops friday.)

Just take all my money, Mattel.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Shiftypenguin posted:

https://toynewsi.com/241-51982
(Street Sharks remaster figures preorder drops friday.)

Just take all my money, Mattel.

they should rehire Vin Diesel to make a commercial for em.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I wasn’t into Street Sharks, but that’s awesome for those who were

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I was digging through my phone and I found an image of Psyche-Out, really hoping for him, if only because he was the first joe that my mom bought for me as a kid :kimchi:

This is why I jumped on ordering Mutt and Junkyard. I remember they were my first Joe as a kid because there was a doggo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blackchamber posted:

they should rehire Vin Diesel to make a commercial for em.

He’s a weird creep.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

He’s a weird creep.

There are conservatively 10 famous people who aren’t.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

He's definitely going to get a toy eventually. People love him.

In unexpected news my DC Multiverse Wonder Woman shipped from Amazon! It got listed as being sold out but still orderable some weeks back, didn't think it would pan out but went for it. Today it shipped.

How nice.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Yall don’t forget the Walmart clusterfuck is tomorrow morning 7am pacific.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Waiting.

Half an hour to go?

I might be desiring sleep more.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Waiting.

Half an hour to go?

I might be desiring sleep more.

Yep.

Here's a post with links to all the items.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1768261931394023474?s=20

Edit; not all items may go up today. Some might be tomorrow.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 14, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Only need the Classified Shockwave with Night Pursuit.

Got charged for the Classified 60th Soldier and Diver last night as well. The rest of the wave should be next week, money grows on tree's right?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Scored the Shockwave. :toot:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Walmart.ca was bugging out like hell for me and then it was sold out when trying to repeatedly check it out.

Went to Hasbro Pulse and was able to snag one there without any grief.

People are already unboxing their vamps today, expect reviews all over.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Walmart.ca was bugging out like hell for me and then it was sold out when trying to repeatedly check it out.

Went to Hasbro Pulse and was able to snag one there without any grief.

People are already unboxing their vamps today, expect reviews all over.

I wish I lived in these magical places that get packages quickly. My Vamp won't be here till next week.

Snout Spout shipped too, maybe they'll arrive at the same time.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

I wish I lived in these magical places that get packages quickly. My Vamp won't be here till next week.

Snout Spout shipped too, maybe they'll arrive at the same time.

Same man.

Being Canadian, we tend to get our stuff to ship a week after Americans do. Happens to my orders.

When people were enjoying their Haslab HISS I was waiting for my shipping. I didn't get it until January after most everyone had it.

Kinda gave them poo poo during this which feel bad about but when you see everyone getting theirs and yours is not even shipped you begin to worry as the days tick on into weeks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The delay when they use Asendia or similar services to Canada sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Aphrodite posted:

The delay when they use Asendia or similar services to Canada sucks.

When they used FedEx they were great. Always got the item within a week, that's pretty drat good.

The switch over happened annnnnnnnd it's poo poo service now. DHL blows so bad.