Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
I really want one that I can hook up to voice chat in computer games.

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Hope you got abut $3000 laying around. There's probably freeware software around that can do something similar.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
Or you could just fruity loops or something.

EDIT: Are you high right now? Say Hi to Henry Rollins.

Teepkick Shakur fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 27, 2010

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Liface posted:

That's good info, thanks. Are you an engineer?

I wonder if they're still using the same system or if Anderson had his drops computerized towards the end of the Carolla days.

Nope, just a radio guy. Broadcasting a baseball game tonight. :w00t:

Almost all stations are computerized except the very smallest. It saves sooooo much work, from queuing up tunes to generating reports.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

LFoD posted:

So when are we going to start a loveline call in thread in E/N?

Steve is 18, never had sex, penis curves to the left. Wants to know if this is normal.

No, I was never abused. My family is totally normal. I just am really into sex.

Oh my uncle used to touch me when I slept, but I don't even remember it!

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 28, 2010

Kingsbury
Mar 28, 2010

by angerbot

CatchrNdRy posted:

No, I was never abused. My family is totally normal. I just am really into sex.

Oh my uncle used to touch me when I slept, but I don't even remember it!

I swear this forum has the world's dumbest posters.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
The stream is maxed out on connections right when I wanna listen to it to fall asleep :(

Lame as Heck
Mar 27, 2004

headcoatin' baby
I just listened to the acp with the film vault and Anderson has a good story about Steven spielberg. It's so weird to hear him and Adam getting along.

I don't listen to the podcast anymore so I totally missed the episode with marc maron. I did some googling and can't find it. Anyone know if I can stream it somewhere or do I have to wait now? Wtf is my favorite podcast. I highly recommend buying the premium episode if you are a fan.

Still listening to tapes from 2003. Pretty sure I could just spend the rest of my life listening to old loveline tapes

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Lame as Heck posted:

I don't listen to the podcast anymore so I totally missed the episode with marc maron. I did some googling and can't find it. Anyone know if I can stream it somewhere or do I have to wait now? Wtf is my favorite podcast. I highly recommend buying the premium episode if you are a fan.
WTF is my newest obsession, I've been listening through them all starting from the beginning.

I'd forgotten Marc was on Adam's podcast at all, but it was February 11 of this year, I hadn't started listening to his podcast yet so the name didn't register.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0ztnttyltw/Adam%20and%20Marc%20Maron.mp3

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nevermind

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 28, 2010

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I have to say this show rules when you're in a car for 6-8 hours on vacation. I downloaded the entire 2005 catalog and took it with me to Virginia. I didn't even come close to finishing it, but it was great to listen to.

mt1
Mar 5, 2007
What episode has Adam sneaking to the sleeping security guard?

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

mt1 posted:

What episode has Adam sneaking to the sleeping security guard?

2001-06-20, around 51-54 minutes in.

It actually happened on two different dates, but there's no recording of the first time. According to these show notes, it was the week before April 25, 2000.

Liface fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 28, 2010

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Lame as Heck posted:

I just listened to the acp with the film vault and Anderson has a good story about Steven spielberg. It's so weird to hear him and Adam getting along.

Wait Adam was on that episode? I totally dont remember him. That was the episode that prompted me to post about how I thought Anderson was an rear end in a top hat and he was making it difficult for me to enjoy the show. He was just tearing people down for no real reason.

However, after having listened to every single episode since and before then, I've come to the conclusion that Anderson is totally an rear end in a top hat, but a likeable one.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

WTF is my newest obsession, I've been listening through them all starting from the beginning.
I listen to WTF. Also The Nerdist, Comedy Death Ray-radio, I Love Movies and Never Not Funny.. is there a Comedy Podcast megathread anywhere?

Where would we even discuss comedy podcasts?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

LFoD posted:

So when are we going to start a loveline call in thread in E/N?

Steve is 18, never had sex, penis curves to the left. Wants to know if this is normal.

Drew: Take 800 units of vitamin E daily.

Adam: How much is 800 units?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Whitey Ford posted:

I listen to WTF. Also The Nerdist, Comedy Death Ray-radio, I Love Movies and Never Not Funny.. is there a Comedy Podcast megathread anywhere?

I was wondering this too. There's no podcast forum nor subforum in the media forums.

I always thought Joe Rogan was a dumb guido that wasn't worth my time, but then Adam, Greg Fitzsimmons and Bill Burr had nice things to say about him on their podcasts so I listened to one of his podcasts and they were either wrong or just being nice.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Joe Rogan has a talent for convincing people that he's really smart. He has the ability to sound smart until you dig in a little bit and find his weird conspiracy theories and that he believes the moon landing was a hoax and other assorted insanity. If you know better he becomes really irritating.

He's at that weird level where he's smart enough to get into complex topics but not quite enough to parse what he's reading, so he takes away crazy poo poo.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Grand Fromage posted:

Joe Rogan has a talent for convincing people that he's really smart. He has the ability to sound smart until you dig in a little bit and find his weird conspiracy theories and that he believes the moon landing was a hoax and other assorted insanity. If you know better he becomes really irritating.

He's at that weird level where he's smart enough to get into complex topics but not quite enough to parse what he's reading, so he takes away crazy poo poo.

He also gets a lot of love for calling out Carlos Mencia, which gives a lot of people a good impression of him. He is loving retarded, though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

NotWearingPants posted:

I was wondering this too. There's no podcast forum nor subforum in the media forums.

I always thought Joe Rogan was a dumb guido that wasn't worth my time, but then Adam, Greg Fitzsimmons and Bill Burr had nice things to say about him on their podcasts so I listened to one of his podcasts and they were either wrong or just being nice.

He likes pot, therefore,

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary
Joe Rogan is a pretty solid dude with a good head on his shoulders, he's a "street smarts" kind of guy. He's not a really smart dude though. Maybe he took too many kicks to the head in his fighting days. The conspiracy theory stuff is ridiculous as well.

Also I have to agree that Anderson is a loving childish prick, and strikes me as a stereotypical "goon" type. Angry, antisocial, maladjusted, immature, however somewhere beneath all that is a pretty good sense of humor and I think he was at his best doing drops on loveline. I've listened to a few eps of the Film Vault and I can't stand the way he antagonizes Ms. Movies. He flirts like a 13 year old and has got to be in his mid 30s at least.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
I like Joe Rogan a lot. I think that people take him talking about crazy stuff he's read online to mean that he really believes them when he actually just finds it interesting and isn't convinced one way or the other.

Most Excellent Bro
Dec 4, 2009

:smug:
Why am I getting
code:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
when trying to load llarchive.com :(

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Whitey Ford posted:

You should also get into Kevin Pollak's Chat Show - not really a proper podcast, but it's amazing and kind of fits into the same vein as WTF.

Lame as Heck
Mar 27, 2004

headcoatin' baby

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I'd forgotten Marc was on Adam's podcast at all, but it was February 11 of this year, I hadn't started listening to his podcast yet so the name didn't register.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0ztnttyltw/Adam%20and%20Marc%20Maron.mp3

Woo thanks

BTW Joe rogans rules, you idiots! His whole psychonaut, futurist, get high and think about things thing is great. His unaware catchphrase "that's crazy!" Is such classic stoner talk.

I'm a podcast fiend/walking machine with this American life, wait wait, mrr, Doug loves movies, wiretap, wtf, ect. + loveline tapes

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Majorian posted:

You should also get into Kevin Pollak's Chat Show - not really a proper podcast, but it's amazing and kind of fits into the same vein as WTF.
It seems to be streaming only? Is there a podcast RSS link that you know of?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Whitey Ford posted:

It seems to be streaming only? Is there a podcast RSS link that you know of?

Here's the back episodes; you can also get it on iTunes.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

Most Excellent Bro posted:

Why am I getting
code:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
when trying to load llarchive.com :(

You shouldn't need llarchive.com. http://www.lovelinetapes.com is the end-all be all of sites.

By the way, here are the mp3tag (or foobar, same format) syntaxes to use when re-tagging the files from lovelinetapes.com. Unfortunately, someone has decided to name them without the leading zero for the months and days so they get out of order in any program or mp3 player:

Download mp3tag: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Install, import directory with all your Loveline files.

Click on Convert > Filename - Filename
%1 - %2-%3-%4 %5
%1 - %2-$num(%3,2)-$num(%4,2) %5

This will add all leading zeroes to files that need it.

Click on Convert > Filename - Tag
%artist% - %title%

This will tag the files with the correct filename you just created.

Oh and if you want to add a cover, download this:

Right click the cover section at the bottom left, click add cover. Press save.

Liface fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 29, 2010

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Everyone should listen to Bill Burr's podcast.

I will never get tired of him going off about some conspiracy he saw on Youtube, and then cutting himself off mid sentence and admitting he has absolutely zero idea what he's saying and that he's a complete moron.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Majorian posted:

Here's the back episodes; you can also get it on iTunes.
I'm grabbing the latest episode from iTunes, it's 600mb!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Holland Oats posted:

I like Joe Rogan a lot. I think that people take him talking about crazy stuff he's read online to mean that he really believes them when he actually just finds it interesting and isn't convinced one way or the other.

He throws it out there as it "could possibly be true" when it's really just bullshit.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
He takes a sort of agnostic "who knows whether or not it's true" sort of stance. He's more entertaining to listen to that way. Being all negative and saying that everything's bullshit is kind of a downer. By the way, Rogan has a podcast too that's really good.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
If you think Joe Rogan literally believes the ideas he brings up then you are retarded, son. It's 2010, we have things like information available at the click of a button. Dont look down on someone for taking the time to use that and develop a loving point of view. Especially in a thread mostly dedicated to a dude who hasn't learned anything beyond his sophomore year of highschool unless it came on The History Channel.

Whitey Ford posted:

I wrote a breakdown on all my favorite podcasts in this thread and apparently nobody read it so I'm going to second this list. However I love Movies is now called Doug Loves Movies.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!

The Senate posted:

If you think Joe Rogan literally believes the ideas he brings up then you are retarded, son.

I don't think he is really your son, if he was really your son why would you be replying to him on the internets.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Sir Liquid Jerk posted:

I don't think he is really your son, if he was really your son why would you be replying to him on the internets.

Listen, I'm a man of passion.

Teepkick Shakur fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 29, 2010

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

CatifshClyde posted:

I've listened to a few eps of the Film Vault and I can't stand the way he antagonizes Ms. Movies. He flirts like a 13 year old and has got to be in his mid 30s at least.

It's not serious and he's definitely not hitting on her. She's perhaps a bigger fan of his personally than she is of Bryan's (that's my perception from talking to her one-on-one, at least). There are many reasons to dislike Anderson, just throwing that out there.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
2002-09-16, about 1:26:00

Just heard the origin of the "Sex is not a recreational sport!" drop and laughed my rear end off. Perfect!

Hormones fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 29, 2010

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I've ordered a 2-pack ManGrate thanks to the podcast. I'll see how it works once it gets here.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

On the ManGrate subject, cast iron is nice but not the whole deal. A lot of steakhouses brush the steaks with melted butter as a flavor enhancement. I don't recommend you do that (I don't think it's necessary) but it is what causes the steakhouse flavor thing. Also you have to rest the meat properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lame as Heck
Mar 27, 2004

headcoatin' baby

Hormones posted:

2002-09-16, about 1:26:00

Just heard the origin of the "Sex is not a recreational sport!" drop and laughed my rear end off. Perfect!

an episode i was listening to recently from late 2003 dr. drew is away playing the olsen twin's dad, bruce said something like "is sex important to you or is it a recreational thing?" and anderson played that drop. <3 dr. spazz

• Locked thread