Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Thanks LL6, this was really fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
That was the poo poo six. Thanks for running it and taking it right to the end. Have fun on the vacation.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well this was fun, I hope someone takes on the challenge of running another evil CYOA.:devil:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
If you aren't going to re-use the mechanic and you don't mind saying, what is the real deal on Khalaag? I never could sort out all the stuff about the PR campaign, feeding on vermin and his own account of things.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Excellent game. Thanks for running it!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Thanks for the game!

Our scythe really was the VIP for this. So much would have went wrong without it.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Ooh ooh! LLSix can you reveal what was with the Portal, and our blackened arms' effect?

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.

OfChristandMen posted:

Ooh ooh! LLSix can you reveal what was with the Portal, and our blackened arms' effect?

Oh yeah, this I want to know. Who was coming for us?

Also, what ever happened to our wizard buddy who summoned us? Would of been nice to pay him a little visit.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Esper posted:

Oh yeah, this I want to know. Who was coming for us?

Also, what ever happened to our wizard buddy who summoned us? Would of been nice to pay him a little visit.

I am pretty certain we killed him before we left for our original temple ruins.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SerSpook posted:

I am pretty certain we killed him before we left for our original temple ruins.

Yeah, as soon as we were free, we killed him and stole his stuff.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Esper posted:

Also, what ever happened to our wizard buddy

the_steve posted:

we killed him and stole his stuff.

We are a bad buddy.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Thanks for the awesome game!

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
Yeah I have to say, it's been an awesome ride :)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh, hey, did any of our former Gothists survive long enough for us to let Isolda kill them?

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Real reason LLSix finished the story:

Also, were there any leftover mysteries, game notes or cool things we missed out on that you can share LL? What would have happened if we had become bros with the bear guy

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
What was black velvet?

And how did all the heros get pet demons?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 30, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
In his final act of demonic revenge, LLsix left us hanging with unanswered questions.

Goon despairs.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

stevey666 posted:

Real reason LLSix finished the story:

Also, were there any leftover mysteries, game notes or cool things we missed out on that you can share LL? What would have happened if we had become bros with the bear guy

Nyaa posted:

In his final act of demonic revenge, LLsix left us hanging with unanswered questions.

Goon despairs.

LOL

the_steve posted:

Oh, hey, did any of our former Gothists survive long enough for us to let Isolda kill them?

Lots of them did! It was a regular smorgasbord of slaughter!

Angela Christine posted:

We are a bad buddy.

This made me and my wife laugh. You are awesome!

OfChristandMen posted:

As a side effect of slicing up the portal your arms were infused with magic which lashed out and exploded other spells when you were actively opposing them. Your arms were getting lighter shades of blue every time you unintentionally used this ability and only had one use left at the end.

Outrail posted:

What was black velvet?

Someone who got their own epilogue section :cheeky:

Outrail posted:

And how did all the heros get pet demons?

The priests of the New Gods were summoning them and handing them out to empower and control their champions.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
How far away were we from the original dolphin evil overlord in the second game?

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Thanks for doing this game. I really enjoyed it. I look forward to whatever your future endeavor will be.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Lazaruise posted:

How far away were we from the original dolphin evil overlord in the second game?

The dolphin overlord's tower is about 100 miles SW of Sunshine and he tragically fell 80 years before your Demon Duke first arrived in the Alliance. The Alliance was really just starting to hit its stride and at the start of the dolphin overlord game and he was unfortunate enough to live inside its earliest boundaries.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Thank you for all the thanks everyone. I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it. I can't tell you what an ego boost they are! Your enthusiasm, one liners, and incredible ideas are what make this fun.

1) Which of these games would you most like to see next? Feel free to list them in descending order if you like several.

A. Modern Mage - play a spellcaster in the modern day world. Become embroiled in conspiracies and just possibly face off against highly capable Scientologist psychics.

B. Exalted! - play an elder dragonblood or Solar or both. Struggle with other near-immortals to shape the world in your image or just try to carve out a small area of relative peace and sanity.

C. Stranger in a strange land - play a modern day human tossed into a dark ages world with all your knowledge intact. Players are not only allowed but encouraged to make effort posts on how to introduce technologies new to the natives. Watch as technological disruption quickly turns the whole world upside down.

D. Suicidal Sam's Six Suicide Simulations - a series of vignettes involving almost certain death. Watch as we die in dozens of hilarious ways. Just possibly learn how to survive in impossible fairytale situations and start winning some of the scenes. Each scene would have a detailed description of the immediate area and most of the options would lead to our gruesome demise.

E. Colonist! - Dumped on an alien planet explore scenes of haunting beauty and hidden danger. Struggle to not only survive but thrive in a world that does not want you. Think Oregon Trail meets Alpha Centauri.

F. Interstellar Ranger - Equipped with the highest of high tech rush from trouble-spot to hot spot and try to prevent a series of galactic disasters. Meet strange new people and try to keep them from eating each other. Or encourage them to eat each other. No people, no problems!

write in.

It will be a while before I am ready to run any or none of these. Especially since I just started job hunting again. I want to do more background world building this time and I want to focus on improving my writing for a bit. I am very interested in which games you think you would like the most and will read every post carefully. Several times probably.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

C

This sounds like a really fun gimmick!

If not that, then E

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
C lets be a technomage

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
E: Ride the worm Muad'dib.

Failing that, C: Merlin will be okay.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
An Awful Goon in Warlord Rogdak's Court

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

C.

Let's fix history. :unsmigghh:

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
C!!!

This is a scenario I've often played out in my head. Usually ends in death by disease or burned for heresy

Else.. D

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
C. I kinda want Diog to do Magegame.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
A, yes!

I could also live with C, but I think it would become a war if player vs GM.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

C

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

C

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Nthing C - unsure if you got this quirk from Paradise Lost, but it's going to be great being encouraged to alter the status quo.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
C please! (A as a second choice.)

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
E, F

Maybe we'll actually see a space based CYOA to the end!

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
C. It sounds like quite a bit of fun.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
E

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
C ount me in as another voice in the deranged mind of Tim von Futur Eman

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1) Which of these games would you most like to see next? Feel free to list them in descending order if you like several.

C. Stranger in a strange land - play a modern day human tossed into a dark ages world with all your knowledge intact. Players are not only allowed but encouraged to make effort posts on how to introduce technologies new to the natives. Watch as technological disruption quickly turns the whole world upside down.

• Locked thread