Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

E1M1 posted:

the message here is that you can make a glorified light switch simulator into media gold as long as it involves a marginalized character at some point along the way

You sound like the guy who wears a fedora and makes hour-long videos about Weezer albums using such criticisms as "this song only has TWO CHORDS!"

Not liking things is fine but not liking things in such a reductive and intentionally dismissive way is kinda dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Lobster Harmonica posted:

not so much "PERFECT" as "comparable to the standard set by other games that may be regarded as a 10 out of 10"

it's a joke comparing gone home to a mario galaxy or an age of empires 2 or whatever

please stop making sense i'm trying to deflect attention away from the fact that games journalism makes pakistani goat herding clans and deep south right out of the eyes have hills families look like the gold standard of genetic diversity using lazy hyperbole

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Guys stop fighting
Zoe quinn wants us to fight

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

haha I love this guy these are great and the two Sims expansion reviews are great. also he apparently has a podcast so that's good

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Age of Empires 2 was such a great game

reinstalling as we speak

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

reinstalling as we speak

the expansion pack was pretty bad tho

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That second sims review reminds me of

http://www.objectivegamereviews.com/

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

You guys should get up on the Steam version of Age of Empires 2 that has the new expansion and workshop content

poo poo is legit as gently caress

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Slanderer posted:

pretty sure the standard was "i really enjoyed that game and there wasnt really anything about it i disliked a whole lot. namaste"

As a reviewer, you're not only supposed to tell whether or not you personally liked a product but also factor in whether or not potential buyers would like it for the price.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lobster Harmonica posted:

You guys should get up on the Steam version of Age of Empires 2 that has the new expansion and workshop content

poo poo is legit as gently caress

how many devs have hosed you for this ? :colbert: WAS IT WORTH IT FOR LOSING YOUR INTEGRITY ?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fathis Munk posted:

That site led me to this:

http://selectadecision.info/woods.html

Which is really good, but I guess probably isn't a "game"!

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

precision posted:

You sound like the guy who wears a fedora and makes hour-long videos about Weezer albums using such criticisms as "this song only has TWO CHORDS!"

Not liking things is fine but not liking things in such a reductive and intentionally dismissive way is kinda dumb.

Haha, yes, fedoras, congratulations on arriving at that one

I can disappear just as far up my own rear end about high-concept stories as anybody, but I can't help but feel that the current overblown hype over these "experience games" is a result of lowered expectations as long as a group you like is being finally depicted

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fathis Munk posted:

how many devs have hosed you for this ? :colbert: WAS IT WORTH IT FOR LOSING YOUR INTEGRITY ?

I wait until marriage.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Fathis Munk posted:

phil fish phingered me

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

muh ONLY 2 TWEETS

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Adanielleri%20to%3Afullbright&src=typd

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Afullbright%20to%3Adanielleri&src=typd

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

TFYC Guy posted:

SHUT THE gently caress UP WITH MissAngerist BULLSHIT. She's allowed to have a different opinion, and if I meet you in person, I will kick your loving rear end over this. She's been very respectful and changed her opinion. If this was a battle we won. It's not even a loving battle, it's just internet bullshit. Your better then this, we are better then this just loving STOP.

I'm going to break something now... This is the reason I don't own a gun.

So did Phil Fish skin this guy Buffalo Bill style and is now wearing him like a mansuit?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

juliuspringle posted:

So did Phil Fish skin this guy Buffalo Bill style and is now wearing him like a mansuit?

lol

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

oh would you look at that, correspondence between the two goes back to july 2012, more than a year before the gone home review

definitely nothing untoward here, everyone move on, nothing to see here

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

juliuspringle posted:

Would you gently caress Zoe Quinn? I'd gently caress Zoe Quinn!

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 26, 2014

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
lol at the whole campaign to tweet #welovegamedevs to the apparently insanely large number of twitter transvestites

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

The Brown Menace posted:

oh would you look at that, correspondence between the two goes back to july 2012, more than a year before the gone home review

definitely nothing untoward here, everyone move on, nothing to see here

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

oh my god

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Thank you Chris Remo, creator of Gone Home.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gamers and truthers, together at last. :munch:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Fathis Munk posted:

I like how their platforms cover PC, OSX, Linux and Vita but not anything from Nintendo.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

horriblePencilist posted:

Oh cool they announced the next Splinter Cell?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

gone home loving sucks and of all the goddamn places LGBT storytelling could have been spearheaded in games, it had to be that stupid piece of poo poo? it's bad, and those themes don't make it good, it doesn't justify the hype. gently caress off with that!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
jilling off at lunch next to the spearhead of LGBT destiny - an epic new adventure indie game jam game by Naomi Shades

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Is she seriously aiming to become a super villain?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

She's legit crazy, I don't think she actually realises or cares how she comes across. Plus hard to really know how messed up you are when you have a group of people constantly fellating every word you type.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

"Owning" horrible, hurtful behavior is a pretty common tactic, particularly among sociopaths.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I think patreon is not a bad idea, but I really can't see an artist I'd trust enough to give money without garanteed return every month. In itself it's a good way to support artists you like but I guess it's too easy for them just to rake in the bux and not produce anything.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why does she seem to have like private business conversations on twitter?

is this what you young people are doing?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Slanderer posted:

the expansion pack was pretty bad tho

which one, the conquerors or the new one they released lik3 6 months ago? cause i will fight you irl if it's the first i'll lose

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Coming from him, this tweet confused me. In the responses he acknowledges he's mocking the idea of the "Sarkeesian Effect" movie. Those guys do come across in their announcement video as humongous cringe worthy goobers, though, and I can't imagine their movie being anything other than amateurish and uncomfortable at best.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hemophilia posted:

gone home loving sucks and of all the goddamn places LGBT storytelling could have been spearheaded in games, it had to be that stupid piece of poo poo? it's bad, and those themes don't make it good, it doesn't justify the hype. gently caress off with that!

I agree.

Now it's time to break up the big question. Why is there nothing on Quinnspiracy posted on the main page of Something Awful dot com? I also remember that a review of Gone Home posted on the main page of Something Awful dot com was very positive.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Fathis Munk posted:

I think patreon is not a bad idea, but I really can't see an artist I'd trust enough to give money without garanteed return every month. In itself it's a good way to support artists you like but I guess it's too easy for them just to rake in the bux and not produce anything.

It'd be a good idea if she actually did something. Patreon is supposed to give people money with every piece of work they do, like a video or an article. If your Patreon is set to $X per month you're basically saying "I don't really do enough work to quantify it but give me money anyway.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

I watched a playthrough of Gone Home but didn't find the game a very educational exploration into LGBT themes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g3trvkAFQw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

why does she seem to have like private business conversations on twitter?

is this what you young people are doing?

her entire career is pretty much just her roleplaying out what she imagines a career to be on twitter

ironically enough people have gone along with it that it's now a self-fulfilled prophecy and she's making a small salary entirely off of text posts

• Locked thread