Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The show's trailer really didn't strike me for whatever reason, but I'll give it a fair shake. Plus, hey, Weird Al.

Anyone here know of Godsfall? My DM and 5e crew haven't tried TAZ, but they make it sound like it's pretty similar.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Warbird posted:

The show's trailer really didn't strike me for whatever reason, but I'll give it a fair shake. Plus, hey, Weird Al.

Anyone here know of Godsfall? My DM and 5e crew haven't tried AZ, but they make it sound like it's pretty similar.

I tried to listen to Godsfall and the first episode was all "HERE'S ALL THE GODS IN ORDER AND A BUNCH OF WORLDBUILDING," which turned me off completely. The Adventure Zone gets into its world much more organically and frontloads fun character interaction between a bunch of people who know each other really well. They start with the Lost Mines of Phandelver and using that as a springboard into a more freeform campaign.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Warbird posted:

Anyone here know of Godsfall? My DM and 5e crew haven't tried AZ, but they make it sound like it's pretty similar.

Yeah, this is definitely the place for this. You have an entire sub forum, take your miserable poo poo there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I'm not sure I follow friend.

Lumbermouth posted:

I tried to listen to Godsfall and the first episode was all "HERE'S ALL THE GODS IN ORDER AND A BUNCH OF WORLDBUILDING," which turned me off completely. The Adventure Zone gets into its world much more organically and frontloads fun character interaction between a bunch of people who know each other really well. They start with the Lost Mines of Phandelver and using that as a springboard into a more freeform campaign.

I'm going to fire up the first episode later today, but given their attitudes toward D&D I could see something like that appealing to them. There's apparently an audio cue added in post when someone quotes a BS rule, so they may get pretty dumb.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 3, 2017

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Yeah, this is definitely the place for this. You have an entire sub forum, take your miserable poo poo there.

...how... how is this not the thread for somebody asking how another D&D podcast compares to TAZ?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Empress Theonora posted:

...how... how is this not the thread for somebody asking how another D&D podcast compares to TAZ?

I still don't get the deal with the needless aggression, that was weird.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wake and bake is a massive loving baby any time anyone mentions roleplaying games in this thread, presumably because he is a massive loving baby irl

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
What I want to know is how Warbird got an entire subforum to themselves and where do i get mine????

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

touch the skyrim has crossed a moral event horizon

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Touch The Skyrim is going to get wildly horny.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

How many more episodes in do you think we'll get before Griffin discovers the vore mods? I'm gonna put money on two more episodes.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm wondering if Griffin is going to get any dark dark loverslab mods.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Couple of days ago Justin made a post in the TAZ fb group about the various interpretations of Taako as an effeminate green or even brownskinned elf and basically tried to please everybody by saying "Whatever you picture Taako is 100% true". And that wasn't good enough for SJWs.

Surprise, SJWs are human garbage, basically.

Edit: fixed image tag maybe? I dont know how to post and should probably stop lurking the fb taz page

El Padrino fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 4, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not as much garbage as people who use the term "SJW" unironically, though. Sorry.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Nah.

What happened was that in a sea of people who were really happy that Justin said he genuinely liked everyone's interpretations of Taako as whatever version of LGBTQ they liked, some rear end yelled at him about how saying Taako was canon gay and then turning around and saying anyone's interpretations are valid was 'erasure,' even though you'd have to do some really willful misinterpretations of that statement to think he meant he wanted to be exclusive instead of inclusive

and Justin, rightfully baffled, went 'uh I don't really know what's garnering that response but I'm sorry and I don't know what I can do to make up for it' because ~Discourse~ sucks and there's no really valid way to explain it to someone

but yeah, go yell about ~the SJWs~ while you can't even put in the effort to link your image correctly

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

How do you even be the kind of person who both listens to the boys and rants about "SJWs"

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

Its me, I'm the garbage too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You can't really say a term that is only really used to insult people is garbage. I mean its like saying assholes are human garbage. Like we already understand you think these people are garbage, you are calling them an rear end in a top hat.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SpaceParrot posted:

How do you even be the kind of person who both listens to the boys and rants about "SJWs"

Wasn't even the first time he's barged into the thread with that sort of thing

El Padrino posted:

Why is everybody in the facebook TAZ so thirsty for Taako and POC in fancastings? Are those the same beings that got ANGRY at the TAZ graphic novel for having white characters?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

Not as much garbage as people who use the term "SJW" unironically, though. Sorry.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

You can't really say a term that is only really used to insult people is garbage.

So racial slurs -- not garbage?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Waffleman_ posted:

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

I guess I get irrationally angry cause its not something I can relate to, as a straight man. I'll just follow Justin's example and shut up.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Godsfall update: Goon who complained about the first episode was super on point. Holy hell that is a level of self importance I don't care for. Jumping to the character introduction episodes or the first session is recommended as it gets much dumber in a good way. Please yell at me for posting D&D instead of at each other for tumblr stuff, tia!

Snooze Cruise posted:

What I want to know is how Warbird got an entire subforum to themselves and where do i get mine????

Bama wins enough Nattys that we sort of defacto own TFF.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

thexerox123 posted:

So racial slurs -- not garbage?

ruh roh it appears i did some bad wordage

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

El Padrino posted:

I guess I get irrationally angry cause its not something I can relate to, as a straight man. I'll just follow Justin's example and shut up.

I'm bi and unable to relate to characters that aren't actively kissing both a man and a woman at the same time so I feel your pain

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

flatluigi posted:

Wasn't even the first time he's barged into the thread with that sort of thing

He's not wrong about the TAZ Facebook group though, those people are crazy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

pee out my butt posted:

He's not wrong about the TAZ Facebook group though, those people are crazy.

Facebook is Garbage

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

El Padrino posted:

lol I love this post, I want to frame it and hang it on my wall

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

If you ever get angry at something, and want to post about how angry you are, and you see this thread, go ahead and just keep looking. This thread is Certified Chill™.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

This new touch the skyrim is just the two littlest McElroy brothers making skyrim into the part of Fable where you can collect a bunch of people and have a big orgy.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Warbird posted:

Godsfall update: Goon who complained about the first episode was super on point. Holy hell that is a level of self importance I don't care for. Jumping to the character introduction episodes or the first session is recommended as it gets much dumber in a good way. Please yell at me for posting D&D instead of at each other for tumblr stuff, tia!

If you're looking for another goofy as gently caress D&D podcast that plays fast and loose with the rules, check out Dragon Friends. It's a bunch of Australian improvisers playing, they have a dedicated voices guy for NPCs and a 'bard' live scoring the sessions and the GM is a goon!

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

more bits please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_omkpdXBDfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9iSOWSvN-M

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumbermouth posted:

If you're looking for another goofy as gently caress D&D podcast that plays fast and loose with the rules, check out Dragon Friends. It's a bunch of Australian improvisers playing, they have a dedicated voices guy for NPCs and a 'bard' live scoring the sessions and the GM is a goon!

Dragon Friends is so loving good I can't believe it. At first I thought it'd be kinda meh 'lol so random' humor but when they genuinely ran with their character ideas it was fantastic.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Downloading it now. Anyone here know of Friends at the Table? I've got in on my iPhone, but I can't remember why/how. I'd actually listen and see, but I've got 30+ other podcasts to catch up on. Bombcast GOTY podcasts + 2 Hardcode History =:suicide:

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

FutonForensic posted:

more bits please

My favorite recent one, about the holiday gift cookies that are for humans... or dogs... or both???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAJQyvGb9fE

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

McElroy fans are the worst part of being a fan of the McElroys.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Tears In A Vial posted:

McElroy fans are the worst part of being a fan of the McElroys.

by and large McElroy fans are okay

TAZ fans are something else, though

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Warbird posted:

Downloading it now. Anyone here know of Friends at the Table? I've got in on my iPhone, but I can't remember why/how. I'd actually listen and see, but I've got 30+ other podcasts to catch up on. Bombcast GOTY podcasts + 2 Hardcode History =:suicide:

I'm a huge fan, but it's not TAZ if that's what you need. The sound quality is horrible in season one, it's not as deliberately comedic and the episodes are long as hell. Austin Walker is an out of this world GM, though - the guy can spin player straw into gold. I'd recommend you start with the "Marielda" arc - it's short, well done, and a prequel to season one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I just got to the episode of Cool Games Inc where nick takes the piss out of the Something Awful forums for charging for every little feature.