Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

The Skorne community is kinda like the WMH version of Iron Warriors players; I think the lack of hazard stripes is what pushes Skorne people over the edge from 'funny salty' to 'funny but actually sad salty'.

In the single year I played 40k my iron warriors army was invalidated by rules twice. If that's a trend I think they have the right to be salty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

In the single year I played 40k my iron warriors army was invalidated by rules twice. If that's a trend I think they have the right to be salty.

It's also because they used to have the most OP loving bullshit list imaginable and then the entire chaos faction got tanked.

e: so it's a combination of legitimate salt and 'whaaaa I wanna be OP again' salt

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It was during the year where chaos got two codexes because it was bad (I had old sculpt plague marines) so it was probably before they were over powered

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

rkajdi posted:

The screening infantry still got free strikes in that scenario, at least in MKII. So the Angelius was often sort of hosed, since they aren't all that durable. I do remember hearing the bad old days of MKI had flying ignoring free strikes was rather awful.

Otherwise, yeah, the whole gotcha over a faction of an inch was annoying, and I'm super glad to see it is gone. I get that some vets loved it, but all it ever did was artificially raise the skill cap while not adding a lot of real depth to the game.

I forget why, but I could never manage to get enough hurt on them with my TFGs, which were the only screening infantry I had at the time. Iirc they're 14/18 with Tenacity, which is a huge pain in the rear end to kill, even with free strikes.

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Fake edit:
I'm sad that Kreoss3 can't use the tiers for vengers, but he owns so hard that it's fine.

For real Kreoss3 is amazing fun to play. Power Up helped him hugely - I don't have to choose between supporting my robots/army effectively and fueling them properly anymore! And even for as much as I really, really loved Warpath, Assail is incredible and a ton of fun.

Magres fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 11, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Prediction for venator tier

Every 25 points of venators gets a free CA, solo, or weapon crew

Venator slingers get ambush

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's gonna be every 9 points of beast handlers gets a free venator solo, and all venator models gain unyielding

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chutche2 posted:

Prediction for venator tier

Every 25 points of venators gets a free CA, solo, or weapon crew

Venator slingers get ambush

All the tiers get three bennies, but these two seem solid, except I expect it to be 20pts to line up with everything else.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That's probably a dumb question, but how do you deal with being outranged/alpha'ed? Especially outranged by units that can shoot farther that you can charge/run? It seems that most of my games results in getting jammed or zoned out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Iceclaw posted:

That's probably a dumb question, but how do you deal with being outranged/alpha'ed? Especially outranged by units that can shoot farther that you can charge/run? It seems that most of my games results in getting jammed or zoned out.

This is an incredibly generic question that's hard to answer, but generally you either overwhelm them with threats or bring your own guns or threat your own alpha. Or play super hard to the scenario. Do you have some specific examples? It also depends on the faction, because an Arcane Shield'd Centurion has considerably less reason to worry about getting Alpha'd than plenty of other things.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Well, that tend be a thing I do whatever I play. I guess I might be too hung up on having guys dying, though, and as a result I dislike walking into harm's way even if I could possibly overwhelm my opponent on the next turn.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

What models are you using

Typically you'll just have to offer something up to just eat it to get them to come to you. gunlines it might be worth it to just run into melee to tie them up

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Yeah in general if you know you're out-threatted you either need to throw something disposable out front to bait out their alpha and then counterpunch or punish them on scenario for staying out of your threat. On some scenarios that's easier than others obviously. Run to jam so you can advance other stuff into striking range isn't the worst idea either.

When I was first starting out I got super stressed out about infantry dying but basically you're gonna lose dudes virtually every game. The main thing is to make sure that the guys who are dying are still serving a purpose that lets you kill more of the other guy's dudes in return.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

rkajdi posted:

All the tiers get three bennies, but these two seem solid, except I expect it to be 20pts to line up with everything else.

The pig one wasn't 20 and it gave free weapon crews so I figure this would be similar. Pig is every 25 or 30, forget which.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

It's every 20

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Guess I was misrenembering, only operating theater is different

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
One of the menoth one's 20 and one's 25.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
warjack ones are 25 and unit type ones are 20

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Thoughts:

War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - eSev gently caress All Y'all

Theme: The Creator's Might
75 / 75 Army

Hierarch Severius - WJ: +26
- Crusader - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Crusader - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Crusader - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 6)
- Crusader - PC: 10
- Blessing of Vengeance - PC: 13

Vassal of Menoth - PC: 0
Vassal of Menoth - PC: 0
The Covenant of Menoth - PC: 0

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4

THEME: The Creator's Might
---

GENERATED : 01/11/2017 14:02:34
BUILD ID : 2034.17-01-07

S.J.
May 19, 2008

My first thought is gently caress you

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

My first thought is I need more than 3 Crusaders

S.J.
May 19, 2008

More serious thought: You want Rhoven & Co for shield guards and the ability to arc into cloud walls without having to cast that spell

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Those are some sweet Cryx and Khador models.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

S.J. posted:

More serious thought: You want Rhoven & Co for shield guards and the ability to arc into cloud walls without having to cast that spell

And if your drop a crusader, you're still above 75pts of jacks. No need to lose any free stuff!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Those are some sweet Cryx and Khador models.

Yeah holy poo poo.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Strakhov2 is a warcaster unit, magic steamguy in the new khador book. Models are up on chain attack.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
uuuuugh strakhovvvv

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Empower on greyboi is cool and good tho

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Jimmy Hats posted:

Empower on greyboi is cool and good tho

I sure hope it's empower. It sorta sounds like they grant magical weapons to warjacks "These Greylords apply their knowledge of magic and mechanika to imbue the weapons of warjacks with the power needed to cut down unnatural foes who are more than flesh and steel." I know that when it was taken off of the Koldun Lord there was talk that Khador would get it again so I'm optimistic.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

parabolic posted:

I sure hope it's empower. It sorta sounds like they grant magical weapons to warjacks "These Greylords apply their knowledge of magic and mechanika to imbue the weapons of warjacks with the power needed to cut down unnatural foes who are more than flesh and steel." I know that when it was taken off of the Koldun Lord there was talk that Khador would get it again so I'm optimistic.

I think Larsen said on Twitter that it's Empower.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Bummer. magic weapons on behemoth without having to take a&h would have been rad.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
New greylord looks amazing, and the new Cryx stuff is excellent/disturbing.

Strakhov though. Buddy. Your NECK?!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Strakhov took some of schmorkys advice and believes it will keep him youthful forever

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I want more trencher stuff and more Kommand stuff so I'm all about that.

One of these days Cygnar will get a legit Trencher warcaster :(

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Massive dislocation from hauling what's left of Karchev for years.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Strakhov doesn't skip neck day.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Mechanikal Neck has magic weapon and crit stagger.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

albany academy posted:

Bummer. magic weapons on behemoth without having to take a&h would have been rad.

I don't know if it's a guarantee he won't have both. Like, Arlan does a very similar thing, I could see this guy being an Khador Arlan without the lightning gun or evasive action.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
yeah strakhov's weapon was spoiled as Deep Throat it's a P+S 12 with critical consume

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Holy gently caress man o war greylord caster

Oh... Just a solo.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Still hoping for Wraithe2 who is literally the same except he is hauling around a necrolited out krielstone.