Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

thanks for that. where did they move the ship reclaim screen? im trying to claim some of the event ships on a new alt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's in the event window/menu thing, should be a "reclaim" button at the bottom. Also has the other event rewards like gear and such in there too. They moved it all there a while back to consolidate it but as usual for Cryptic's UI stuff it isn't really... obvious unless you already know what to look for.

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

Can someone slot Reinforce Local Systems V and Support Local Systems V in the main fleet a few times so we can get more buff provisions? I got shitloads of dilithium and marks so I can complete them pretty fast.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rx King posted:

Can someone slot Reinforce Local Systems V and Support Local Systems V in the main fleet a few times so we can get more buff provisions? I got shitloads of dilithium and marks so I can complete them pretty fast.

I was trying to figure out which asset they were from then realised someone had already done it. Thank you kind soul who reads these requests and actions them.

They should become available for contribution in slightly under 3 hours as I write this.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

So I managed to actually survive the insta-kill laser when you go outside the area in the synth TFO:

https://i.imgur.com/JnE2AU8.mp4

Even better, apparently the ability is listed as DANGER ZONE!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think they still haven't debugged it

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Tunicate posted:

I think they still haven't debugged it

I had that happen before I selected the marks I wanted. Afterwards it showed the right number.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Doing a contest to give away a free mirror warship to whoever picks the number they switch the 44.6% crtD to gonna post it on :reddit:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

hakimashou posted:

Doing a contest to give away a free mirror warship to whoever picks the number they switch the 44.6% crtD to gonna post it on :reddit:

Hmmmmm. I’m going to say they’ll keep it at 44.6%, but that number will now be a Category A exotic damage buff rather than critD. Fits with Cryptic’s pattern of false advertising post-launch changes but also choosing the dumbest possible change to make.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008

hakimashou posted:

15.2% crtD

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Wait, did the tooltips ever reflect the actual values?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

Wait, did the tooltips ever reflect the actual values?
Tooltips ARE values, silly

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

hakimashou posted:

22.3% crtD Exotic, Exactly 1/2, seems Crypic-esque in terms of effort.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Tooltips ARE values, silly

Hah, what is this from?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

My prediction is the tooltip will not change but in the background they'll break something so the buff ceases to apply at all.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

DancingShade posted:

My prediction is the tooltip will not change but in the background they'll break something so the buff ceases to apply at all.

If this was bingo, that should be the free square imo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm going simple: 4.46%.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Error 404 posted:

If this was bingo, that should be the free square imo.

On my main, I have a console that behaves very weirdly, I think it's the Iconian or Romulan rep console. In my regular inventory, it says it boosts outgoing energy damage by 10%. Then when I actually equip it and mouse over it, it says it boosts energy damage by anywhere from 1.2% to 14.3% depending on the ship, what other consoles I have equipped, and presumably the phase of the moon and what I had for dinner the night before.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

hakimashou posted:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

DancingShade posted:

That's where I was going too

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

CrushedWill posted:

22.3% crtD Exotic, Exactly 1/2, seems Crypic-esque in terms of effort.

They'll try to half it but a stupid math error results in a different amount. I'm going to say 33.6%

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Taerkar posted:

They'll try to half it but a stupid math error results in a different amount. I'm going to say 33.6%

I was going by displayed value. I have no idea what the actual value will be after they change it. Neither will Cryptic.

Space Hero Keith
Sep 26, 2015

hakimashou posted:

My guess is it'll be cut in half, initially, then half again as much the second time around. So 29.7% (44.6 / 1.5), then 23.7% (29.7 / 1.25).

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My guess is still 8.92 since high single-digit seems normal for a set bonus value.

I assume that 44.6 is simply copied from your weapons amplification skill, which at 100 skill (all three points spent) is 40% CrtD and you've presumably got a trait or something increasing it a little more. They did the easiest thing possible, no math required, just pulled the number from elsewhere.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i’m gonna guess 21%

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
22.1% but they'll nerf something else as well.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Just a heads up, from 11/5 to 11/12 there will be another Red Alert Spamfest event going on. Same deal as before, do 5 days worth to get an Ultimate Tech Upgrade thing and a Specialization point.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

hakimashou posted:

I'll guess 31.3

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

MREBoy posted:

Just a heads up, from 11/5 to 11/12 there will be another Red Alert Spamfest event going on. Same deal as before, do 5 days worth to get an Ultimate Tech Upgrade thing and a Specialization point.

Gotta admit I'm kind of loving these Ult Tech events. A few more and I'll have enough to finish off all the really annoying bits of a new build.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

An unlisted bonus of the imperial rift set is that when equipped, local friendly elachi will sometimes show up and dance with you on ground

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

hakimashou posted:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

What the HECK, I feel like I'm always the last player in the entire game to find out about cool items like this!

I was already running a Ba'ul AP DHC build since they were released, and I've seen plenty of the other [Arc] DHCs. Just not this one, somehow.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

cannons with the [arc] modifier are the [omni] versions for beam weapons when it comes to the rarity of pulling one of those out of a weapon box

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

In other words expect to pay about half the cost of a ship for one on the exchange, because Cryptic.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Teron D Amun posted:

cannons with the [arc] modifier are the [omni] versions for beam weapons when it comes to the rarity of pulling one of those out of a weapon box

Well I managed to find one on the exchange for 40m EC which while expensive, didn't exactly break the bank either. I like it. It's a good thing I can only equip one otherwise I'd go broke.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I didn't dedicate every point but I finished space endeavors at rank 365. It was a nice excuse to play the game!

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So what is the nominal "purpose" of this event Rift set ? I'm 1 event completion off from getting it. Is it something you might throw on a sci boat what with the apparently broken crit thing it has for the moment ?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MREBoy posted:

So what is the nominal "purpose" of this event Rift set ? I'm 1 event completion off from getting it. Is it something you might throw on a sci boat what with the apparently broken crit thing it has for the moment ?

it's a full mk 14 set you can claim on all your alts is what

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

it's a full mk 14 set you can claim on all your alts is what
^^^ This. And assuming that Cryptic doesn't nerf it into uselessness, there's a good chance that two pieces will become meta for sci ships. Though I don't think there's consensus about specifically which two pieces to use yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

next Ship of the Line bundle is the Prometheus/Hestia

Year of the Klingon!