Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Coasterphreak posted:

after a decade of winning eve I am considering giving CCP my money again

somebody please tell me why this is a terrible idea

Shameless plug for Goosefleet here, I can't believe I picked up EVE again but I'm actually having fun doing interesting stuff with a nice group of people. If you've got the itch, come live in a hole for a month or two and see if you like it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Setting up multiple PI colonies absolutely loving sucks. Saveable templates please

it sucks loving dick, and then doing it for every character too - it needs a massive, massive rework

occluded posted:

Shameless plug for Goosefleet here, I can't believe I picked up EVE again but I'm actually having fun doing interesting stuff with a nice group of people. If you've got the itch, come live in a hole for a month or two and see if you like it?

this, also they sell one week omega deals right now and 3 day deals, 3 days for 3 or 4 dollary doos isnt too bad

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

A capital core temperature regulator needs 200 P4s, which take an hour each to produce. Of course, you can run more planets to get that quicker, but then you also need other P4s, some P3s, some P2s and a boatload of P1s to make a whole capital ship, let alone a super

yeah they need to make it not like that, they also need to take p4s out of loving implants and unfuck gilas/other faction ships

Feliday Melody posted:

I'm pretty sure that the entire PI economy is balanced around most people not wanting to do it.

And if they ever made it convenient, then the prices would crash.

it is, but the prices are already poo poo; i'd just delete the whole loving thing if i could and start from scratch

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

never done pi in my life wont start now

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

I’m clicking but nothing is happening

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

WilWheaton posted:

Ah, so it’s a video of a large fleet engagement

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

WilWheaton posted:

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
"gameplay"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Say what you like about CCP but the people who have been quietly plugging away making everything look pretty have done a fine job of not loving up for the last 20 years.

Came back after a 8 year break and it was all holy poo poo this actually looks like the CGI videos they made in 2004-2008 now

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
The animations on the new navy dreads look swish

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

New dreads are cool. Content is cool. Fw is cool. Now we just need some proper changes to nullsec.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
cum

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Abandon nullsec, join galmil and frag squids

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

or join goosefleet. most heavily industrialized wormhole i've ever lived in, insanely moneyed backers, and a plethora of bloodthirsty bittervets

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

WilWheaton posted:

No, no, that's intended

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I can't wait to welp a phoenix navy issue in a wormhole I can't take it out of

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

or join goosefleet. most heavily industrialized wormhole i've ever lived in, insanely moneyed backers, and a plethora of bloodthirsty bittervets

once you get caps in your hole you'll be very hard to evict

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

They had a rorqual...

RIP

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

psilocybin laden posted:

:gritin:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

did they do the changes to FW plexes

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
Having played toilet and 2L Eve I can say that the benefits of no sov no ctas and a chill leadership are not to be underestimated. It would be slightly more fun with a few more geese. It it’s fun regardless right now, super well resourced and a nice atmosphere. Drama rating 1/10

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

did they do the changes to FW plexes

Not on tranquillity yet, that's coming in uprising (8th november) but it is on singularity.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

floppyspud posted:

They had a rorqual...

RIP

The imperium had blueprints an all

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104389034/

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
New Randomwaffle find

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

That list just kept going. I'm just glad I lost a single Phoenix BPO (which dropped) when for some reason the next gate in the route shifted to the camped ansiblex I had just jumped through

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Lmao to npcs, do they not know what blockade runners are?

Also gently caress if I care what some stupid does in highsec.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

incredible

I started scrolling down the list going "some idiot newbie wannabe industrialist died being dumb, who cares" but then it just kept going, and going, and going, and getting more and more impressive.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The krab beacons were a nice touch I thought.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

................./^)
.............../../
............./../'.»./'»./¦»»:+
........../'/.../..../......./¿»\
........('(...¦...¦.... »~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.í¦
............\..............(
..............\................/

Rust Martialis posted:

New Randomwaffle find

some random Twitter bot hit my timeline yesterday using a similar picture of Micromancer as its pfp and it weirded me right the gently caress out

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 4, 2022

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Jazzzzz posted:

................./^)
.............../../
............./../'.»./'»./¦»»:+
........../'/.../..../......./¿»\
........('(...¦...¦.... »~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.í¦
............\..............(
..............\................/

This can only be accompanied by pointing out Sesfan is #1

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

WilWheaton posted:

This can only be accompanied by pointing out Sesfan is #1

Putting this in my bio cause I agree

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Probably a bunch of poo poo init stole from the structure they depowered and popped anyways.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Was there ever any after action on that beyond "well the victims didn't specifically say they didn't want to be victims, so it's out of our hands"

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Was there ever any after action on that beyond "well the victims didn't specifically say they didn't want to be victims, so it's out of our hands"

A coalition rule was implemented to ban doing this sort of thing, and Init stopped the effort on the citadels they were working on.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

INIT still got what they wanted from it though: da loot

also the fact there has to be a coalition-level rule against bluefucking by way of blowing up a publicly accessible structure just boggles the mind

it's the kind of thing where (inexperienced) community management will continually tack on rules to outlaw specific behaviors instead of banning a type of behavior and enforcing that standard of conduct...with a shotgun.

"well the rules didn't specifically say you CAN't so-"

:commissar:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

also the fact there has to be a coalition-level rule against bluefucking by way of blowing up a publicly accessible structure just boggles the mind

it's the kind of thing where (inexperienced) community management will continually tack on rules to outlaw specific behaviors instead of banning a type of behavior and enforcing that standard of conduct...with a shotgun.

so you're saying beekeeping is a lot like being a c-spam moderator

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I've got a heathcliff comic about this sorta thing saved somewhere, one sec

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Kazinsal posted:

so you're saying beekeeping is a lot like being a c-spam moderator

more like i'm glad for goosefleet's existence because i think i would've lost my poo poo as a beekeeper

e: b/c the Imperium has decades of social detritus and a fuckpile of the kinds of people i'd shoot in the head before airlocking them

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

I am also amazed they got away with it... still seems very stupid to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Of course they were going to get away with it, we investigated and found alliance leader was alliance leader and also our drinking buddy, no further action required