Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Aerox posted:

Did you/can you post your chaos wander build in here? It sounded really fun when people were talking about it in goonchat in game and I'm starting to get a little bored/frustrated with my necro.

Vasudus posted:

The chaos wander was really good. Felt like a traditional wander for trash and a poison character on bosses. I did all content in the game except Uber Elder, but only because I haven't spawned one yet this league. All my Sirus 8 kills are on this character, and I got down to depth like 250-ish with no real reason to stop. The only thing you really need to get started is a wand with flat chaos to attacks (the good one), the delve poison mod, and attack speed. Everything else is extra.

A special shoutout to the Mistwall, the best goddamn shield for a dodge-based character ever. I've lost track of how many times that thing saved my rear end.

https://pastebin.com/tgpxA8q2

This is the pastebin of my current character before it gets stripped in the near future. There's still plenty of little optimizations that can be made. In retrospect, I would have gone with an Agony ring that gave me chaos resistance and chaos damage, rather than reduced mana, and just run HoAg by itself instead of in a 4L.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

J posted:

Try slower projectiles with ball lightning, the morph will probably just walk right into it nicely. If you can't spare the support gem slot, I guess you could try firestorm at the risk of melting your computer.

Yeah Slower Proj Ball Lightning is how I've usually played, but if I'm at a distance and the enemy decides not to chase me for some reason, it's super hard to aim it at them and have it hit them consistently.

However, that was a great idea with Firestorm. I just tried Cyclone -> CwC -> Firestorm -> Spell Cascade and it covers a huge area and puts near maximum stacks on a lone Metamorph boss while I kite and dodge around to my heart's content.

Now I kind of want to try a build with Firestorm on Awakened Spell Cascade, and an ignite loop with Cast When Damage Taken Whispering Ice, with Icestorm also on Awakened Spell Cascade. that's 15 Firestorm casts a second and 20 Icestorm casts a second, so about 2000 hits per second in the area once the casts are all overlapping.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I'm obviously doing Vasu's poisonwander wrong. Trash gets deleted in red maps, no problem. I struggle to deal decent damage to bosses and some rares though. Like really struggling. Should I be wither stepping through them, hitting them with a few PS shots and letting the poison do its work? Or just spam PS as much as I can? I'm also using plague bearer.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Lol, 1 day, 9 hours played and I killed Kitava act10 first time. Pretty fun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

but did you die 23 times to kitava?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Zero, actually.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

drat, guess you get to keep playing then.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Suspicious posted:

I'm obviously doing Vasu's poisonwander wrong. Trash gets deleted in red maps, no problem. I struggle to deal decent damage to bosses and some rares though. Like really struggling. Should I be wither stepping through them, hitting them with a few PS shots and letting the poison do its work? Or just spam PS as much as I can? I'm also using plague bearer.

If you know the windows of attacks for bosses you'll have lots of opportunities to just unload a bunch of PS barrages into them. If you're feeling ballsy, you can facetank them a bit and get some more in. Eventually you'll hit a critical mass for poisons and the boss melts away.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Are vaal skellies affected by Soul Ripper?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
They should be, but why bother? You can't have more than one full set up at a time and they don't have their cooldown increased by duration so it's easy to have huge uptime.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cinara posted:

They should be, but why bother? You can't have more than one full set up at a time and they don't have their cooldown increased by duration so it's easy to have huge uptime.

Because I want to do 30-40% more damage.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You want the skeletons to do more damage? Because no that does not work.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cinara posted:

You want the skeletons to do more damage? Because no that does not work.

Thanks.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

This game is borderline unplayable on ps4.

Bums me out because it's pretty fun.

I've been playing on ps4 since it came out and it's just keeps getting worse.

Framerate issues, crashes, and lag are just ridiculous at this point.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 8, 2020

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that has been happening for years now

it used to happen to loot filter labels too but i havent seen that in awhile

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I just assumed the Welsh language pack got enabled.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Cinara posted:

Hey goons! I am getting close to being done with my 40/40 of the league, and am just finishing off my last 8 Sirus kills so if anyone needs a free carry for the next couple days hit me up in game. Meta_Cin or Zulzk is my IGN this league, will be on most evenings, and I'm even willing to try and rescue your failed attempts but no promises if you made the storms a disaster.

Hey I would really like this!
I'll be on tonight (I'm EU) on a variant of Finndad.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Hey vasudus thanks for all your help! That was a great effort post.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm doing a CoC VD necro and am kind of running out of steam for this league, so I figure I might as well spend my poo poo to juice my character up a bit before I go: https://pastebin.com/NQf6MVJq

I have about 25 exalts to work with, can get more by selling maps since I have a bunch of influenced and generic T16s sitting around. I should get Cinderswallow, but I'm procrastinating hard on it because I don't want to remove any of my current flasks. I tried buying some CoC swords but they all simmed real bad compared to Martyr - most of them did a bit more damage but at the cost of way lower average hits and framerate-killing attack speed that would probably dumpster my actual killing ability (going by my experiences with Terminus Est early in the league) plus a complete and utter nosedive in survivability since Martyr gives me 44% block with the passive cluster and endurance charges. The one I tried was an Exquisite blade with 1.58AS, like 7.7% crit and crafted 92% spelldamage, and it had like 30% less hit damage on VD even with the extra support. Cost me 8 ex and I ended up just selling it (for 8.2 luckily).

You can buy a helm with the VD enchant to assist clear and potentially more damage in single target, as well as either craft it or buy it with -9% fire res to nearby enemies. Also maybe look into an AssMark ring so you aren't relying on taking damage to proc your curse. Your chest can be upgraded massively (and expensively) by getting some combination of power charge on crit, enemies explode, and base spell/attack crit. You can get the temple mod for increased crit against shocked enemies on your gloves since Corpse Pact will enable it. There's also some nasty mods on the Aul ring since you consistently generate endurance charges while mapping and bossing, and potentially can do the same with power charges. Lastly your boots can become a source of Tailwind and Onslaught with Hunter influence and a veiled craft respectively.

All that being said you've got a ton of damage there, and your build looks solid. Big fan of Martyr of Innocence (I use it on my necro coc), and you've made me reconsider zealotry over anger.

myDad fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 8, 2020

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Suspicious posted:

Post your build

the single target should be pretty drat good. are you using barrage support on power siphon?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I am playing chaos wander as well, and lemme tell ya: that "monsters explode" chest loving farms. it also prevents corpse creation, which is nice for those bristlebacks or whatever.

I also allocated whispers of doom and got a despair on hit wand / TC on hit gloves. this build feels so filthy.

currently running malevolence/HoAg/flesh and stone, plus lvl 1 precision, which is great for evade synergy. might gently caress around and switch out my helm for a devouring diadem, which would let me squeeze in aspect of the spider.

you can get a "gain flask charges on critical strike while affected by precision" watcher's eye for ~1ex, which is nice for flask sustain in longer boss fights. although really the only boss fights that last long enough are guardian fights and higher

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

also did skyblazer bribe chris wilson or something. we had three goons get headhunters last night

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jinnigan posted:

also did skyblazer bribe chris wilson or something. we had three goons get headhunters last night

What did they do? Ancient Orbs or just dropped?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Don't remember the first one but the second two (I was one of them!) was awakening bonus drop from bosses. I had thought that mine was an incubator but when someone else said it was awakening bonus that made way more sense.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looking for ideas on how to generate endu charges on a scourge arrow poison PF. Just not worry about them ?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Intuitive leap to get overcharged is probably the only easy way to fit them in or just +1 minimum charge jewelry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh discipline of the unyielding to. Thank you

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kinda sucks that every build I've tried after bleed glad this league just doesn't feel as good. Not as tanky, might do more damage but more unwieldy, doesn't farm as well

Really want the new gem system to be in game already. Being able to switch from a clear ability to a single target one will be such a game changer for strike abilities

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
edit: no more necro gear for sale

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 9, 2020

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Did they ever get conc ground working for minions?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I'd like to thank everyone in chat for their support as I casually slammed %strength on this chest.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I was one of the HH goons. I got it from a divination card turn in; I was turning in a pile of them and did a double take as I was spamming Navali to get them cleaned out. It wasn’t a jack in the box, and I’m 99% sure I didn’t have a Void- I think it was a wretched?

And then I got a ES Clarity/Arcane surge zealotry watchers eye later that night. :sun:

I now understand why people have such a hard on for it, it’s seriously insane. My only regret is I didn’t buy some scratch offs last night. I fully expect to get nothing ever again in this game.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

myDad posted:

You can buy a helm with the VD enchant to assist clear and potentially more damage in single target, as well as either craft it or buy it with -9% fire res to nearby enemies. Also maybe look into an AssMark ring so you aren't relying on taking damage to proc your curse. Your chest can be upgraded massively (and expensively) by getting some combination of power charge on crit, enemies explode, and base spell/attack crit. You can get the temple mod for increased crit against shocked enemies on your gloves since Corpse Pact will enable it. There's also some nasty mods on the Aul ring since you consistently generate endurance charges while mapping and bossing, and potentially can do the same with power charges. Lastly your boots can become a source of Tailwind and Onslaught with Hunter influence and a veiled craft respectively.

All that being said you've got a ton of damage there, and your build looks solid. Big fan of Martyr of Innocence (I use it on my necro coc), and you've made me reconsider zealotry over anger.

Thanks for the tips, yeah I bought the chest 6L on like day 2 for 40 chaos or something because Tabula was climbing past 25 and I wasn't gonna pay that kind of money for no stats. Just never bothered upgrading it.

My biggest issue with upgrading at this point in the build is typically that a couple dozen ex gets me maybe 2 - 3 of the cool+good upgrades...but then I also have to replace all the other pieces to get resistances and EHP and all that with side-grades/small upgrades and I get bummed out at that haha.

How big a deal is Vaal RF? I see most players running it and I could slot it in over something (if I get AssMark ring I can go down to 4L CWDT and put it in the empty slot I guess) but more button clicking isn't necessarily something I'm really looking forward to, and knowing me I'd probably manage to press it at the worst time and get gibbed while I have 30% less EHP.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vaal RF is an effective damage increase on just any build that can slot it just like vaal haste, you just pop the vaal version for the momentary buff and thats it. Its free damage but its not a huge defining boost, just something extra you throw on the side.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Tala Moana

quote:

The Awakener fight:
The Awakener has been decreased to level 81 from 84 at Awakening levels 1 to 5, increasing by one for each additional Awakening level. He is still level 84 at Awakening level 8, and this only affects the item levels of his drops.
Specifically reduced the damage on a majority of The Awakener's skills at everything below Awakening level 8.
Prevented the storms in The Awakener fight from being able to occupy the space near the arena entrance, so you no longer can enter and be inside a storm.
Changed the behaviour of the storms so they no longer pursue the player or their minions. Instead they more organically maneuvere the arena in a way that should cause more openings to travel around freely while still applying some limitation.
Adjusted The Awakener Storm and Desolation skills to do less damage to minions.
Increased the damage of The Awakener's Multiclone Beam skill.
Fixed a bug which could result in the Awakener fight not progressing if he traveled too far in a single Throne Phase.
Fixed issues when playing in a party where the effects from the Meteor skills could be invisible.
Improved the visibility of the The Awakener's Desolation ground effects.

Also some other things, like organ swapping recipe.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2735273

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Those changes might actually get me to try to fight Sirus again.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Help me optimize my chaos wander links: poeurl.com/LRu

I've got a 3link and 4link to play with.
Currently I have Ballista Support + Barrage + Withering Totem setup.
I also have CWDT + Immortal Call + Arctic Breath // Precision.

I'm not sure that totem setup is actually doing me any good? Does anyone know if Withering Touch / Barrage applies per hit, or per... round of attacks?

I put in CWDT-IC-Arctic Breath for the chill and damage reduction, but I'm wondering if something like a plaguebearer wouldn't serve me better. How much damage is plaguebearer in endgame bosses? I don't exactly need more clearspeed, and anything short of guardians is already getting deleted pretty fast.

Alternate option: shield charge - faster attack - fortify?? Not sure if that'd be a huge waste of movement speed though

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 8, 2020

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
If I wanted to do the fastest auto-bomber type thing on a modest budget (I.e. clear T16 in 60 seconds with a billion movespeed, skip boss and meta, clicking to a minimum) what's the way to go these days? Jousis posted an Abberath's Hooves meme build a month ago with Pathfinder poison propagation that looked super effective but it seems 0 people on poe.ninja are using the Hooves. There was a guide for 3.9 that used Scourge Arrow Pathfinder with 300 movespeed that did the poison propagation in a similar fashion. Being a slow-rear end ultratank is starting to lose it's luster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Why would you want to clear a map but leave the metamorph and the boss? Do you hate money, items, and master missions?