Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Grapplejack posted:

I finished ghost warrior: contracts. Fun, still very janky and that led to some frustrations, but otherwise pretty good. The story wrapped up with you killing the head of Siberia's government and then your mask AI is like "now i will tell you the truth; we're actually a coalition of powerful interests that seek control and stability." and then it ends. Ok I guess I was working for the illuminati or whatever. Anyway there's a sequel game that i'll play eventually that stars a different guy with an unrelated plot

why does a ghost warrior need money you can't take it with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Buck Wildman posted:

why does a ghost warrior need money you can't take it with you

For Charon

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://x.com/Mr_Rebs_/status/1791855406102278524

https://x.com/Mr_Rebs_/status/1791977522462175264

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

the voice actress for scylla in hades 2 is so good, she's got great comedic timing

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Whirling posted:

the voice actress for scylla in hades 2 is so good, she's got great comedic timing

she also voices dora. and Ayre from Armored Core 6. talk about range

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

god the horns in the cyclops ____ fight go so loving hard. extreme sam gendel/clowncore vibes

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

this is with zero officially sanctioned tools, too, which is actually kind of impressive

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

almost one month until the GotY comes out More Elden Rings

god i cant wait

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

youngdon ring

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Horizon Forbidden West is just such a pleasant game to spend time in. It's got that Botw/Totk quality of just trying to represent the natural world in as beautiful a way they can at any given time of day, weather, or location. And there's just something oddly optimistic and soothing about a setting in which nightmare stage capitalism has already suicided and been long forgotten.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

young elden

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Thy shitposting befits a crown

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fuligin posted:

Horizon Forbidden West is just such a pleasant game to spend time in. It's got that Botw/Totk quality of just trying to represent the natural world in as beautiful a way they can at any given time of day, weather, or location. And there's just something oddly optimistic and soothing about a setting in which nightmare stage capitalism has already suicided and been long forgotten.

They're already headed in the direction of capitalism again, though. I'm pretty sure the game's ideology is that "the problem is that some rich people are assholes, and instead they should be green tech CEOs like Sobeck."

Game still owns, though.

Ghost of Tsushima is also excellent about having an extremely pretty world to wander around in.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

diablo 4 is gooder now

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

this is with zero officially sanctioned tools, too, which is actually kind of impressive

That's why despite everything I still imagine Starfield will eventually be worth downloading again. Modders are freaks (laudatory) they just need their tools

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Sim Starfield Settlements is going to be off the hook if someone actually makes it

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Popy posted:

gambit system was cool i like being able to program my party members to do things instead of depending on lovely AI

(wish i could do this to other players in WoW)

I loved that I could program my party to play by themselves and than just walk around watching they grind

Plot was also good, it has some amazing locations, and it still looks great, one of my favorite FFs too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FFXII also has the benefit of strategically deploying Bender "Bending" Rodriguez when things are slow or a bit tedious, on top of so much endgame content that it's basically a whole other game iirc.

I really wish I had any idea why Square hates Ivalice so much

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

pretty sure it’s just that Ivalice was Matsuno’s baby and he left the company
they did grab him to work on the Ivalice stuff for XIV

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Augus posted:

pretty sure it’s just that Ivalice was Matsuno’s baby and he left the company
they did grab him to work on the Ivalice stuff for XIV

Lol that they made 1:1 replacement character races for Ivalice races instead of just using them

Big angry crocodile men? No! Big angry WOLF men! Sexy bunny girls? No! Sexy CAT girls! Universally beloved moogles? No! The weird capitalist perma-children race

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

loquacius posted:

Lol that they made 1:1 replacement character races for Ivalice races instead of just using them

Big angry crocodile men? No! Big angry WOLF men! Sexy bunny girls? No! Sexy CAT girls! Universally beloved moogles? No! The weird capitalist perma-children race

the bunny girls are in 14
also I think most of the 14 races are based on ones from 11

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Augus posted:

the bunny girls are in 14

Lol of course that's the one they worked in

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Even if they wanted to exclude the 7 foot tall super model bunny girls theres no way they would've gotten away with it in the modern gaming environment

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I liked 11's art direction better, even their gnome race, the tarutaru, was better than the lalafels

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
for a long while every final fantasy was in its own world. then it was big news when they announced all the games would be in Ivalice. feels like a big power struggle happened and that dude won, then lost.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Square can't conceive having two figureheads at the same time in the company, they chose to overwork Nomura instead

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
nobody ever talks about the Last Remnant but it was also supposed to be their new ivalice but bombed

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
my friend talking about a tarutaru "is this a kid?"

me: "the kid is an adult"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ziasquinn posted:

my friend talking about a tarutaru "is this a kid?"

me: "the kid is an adult"

She's sweet and got my character a cute snow coat before I went to snowzone

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Al! posted:

nobody ever talks about the Last Remnant but it was also supposed to be their new ivalice but bombed

The secret SaGa game.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
square delisted it from steam, smh

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

beating it is getting all of skelly's statues :sickos:

yes but not everyone can be god gamers like us

Honest Thief posted:

I liked 11's art direction better, even their gnome race, the tarutaru, was better than the lalafels

fondly remembering shantotto

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ok I'm gonna finish up Y0 today which one do I hop into next

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009

loquacius posted:

Lol of course that's the one they worked in

all of the ivalice races are in 14 - as are a bunch of the actual characters from the ivalice games. There's a part of 14's world that is like an alternate ending ivalice that's been smashed into the 14 world's evil empire, and one of the raids has you go through the ruins of Rabanastre from 12 at the behest of a bangaa crocodile man.

the sexy bunny girls are the only ones that you can roll as a character though, for obvious reasons

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They must have added that stuff after I stopped playing

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The Ivalice stuff that Matsuno worked on in 14 is all contained to one set of Alliance raids in the Stormblood expansion. They're also generally considered to be one of the worst sets of Alliance raids because while the boss design and visuals of the actual instances are good, the storyline is an incredibly dry retelling of Tactics delivered entirely through dense blocks of text. Its real bad.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lib and let die posted:

ok I'm gonna finish up Y0 today which one do I hop into next

just go straight through 0->1->2->3->4->5->6. the only real rough one there is 3. but it's worth it (and it has some of the better fighting gameplay once you get some skills that let you deal with the enemy blocking)

also make sure you download the patches that restore the cut songs (e.g. https://www.nexusmods.com/yakuzakiwami/mods/34/ for kiwami). this matters a lot for some of the games, like 6

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009

1stGear posted:

The Ivalice stuff that Matsuno worked on in 14 is all contained to one set of Alliance raids in the Stormblood expansion. They're also generally considered to be one of the worst sets of Alliance raids because while the boss design and visuals of the actual instances are good, the storyline is an incredibly dry retelling of Tactics delivered entirely through dense blocks of text. Its real bad.

one of the bosses makes you do incredibly simple math on the fly and nobody can do that in the party finder, it's worth it just for that fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

This is true, and same for the FF11 cat race vs the FF14 one

1stGear posted:

I enjoyed the Ivalice story...