Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

ACG review says Guardians of the Galaxy is the next Alpha Protocol. So, anyone playing it yet? How’s the haptics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I finished Metroid Dread so I could get GOTG shipped on release, I'll let you know.

Too bad the degradation of the USPS means that might be next week lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GOTG doesn't come out until tomorrow.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Walrus posted:

mr zurkon is like a borderlands character except somehow funny

Yeah it's saying something that I generally find these characters brutally unfunny but here it's actually cracking me up. I think because it doesn't have the edginess the "I love murder" gimmick usually has. Mr. Zurkon is just goofy af.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

ACG review says Guardians of the Galaxy is the next Alpha Protocol. So, anyone playing it yet? How’s the haptics?

I love Alpha protocol but yeah I’m gonna need a little confirmation of that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's going to be the next Alpha Protocol, in that 12 people will ever play it.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i still have a sealed copy of alpha protocol upstairs and now that my xbox 360 is dead it will forever remain that way

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I got AP a few weeks back for 10 dollars. I'd love to hear more about Guardians.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The buzz is positive so bought GOTG.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Blind Rasputin posted:

ACG review says Guardians of the Galaxy is the next Alpha Protocol.

I would love this to be true. I have absolutely no belief that it is.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just sold my PS5 so this is my last post in the PS5 thread unless I end up getting a PS5 Lite in 3 years or whatever. I just realized I really hadn't played it much in six months, and the upcoming slate of Sony games just aren't my bag. They all just kind of blend together to me.

But I made a couple of people really happy for getting it to them at an actual reasonable used price instead of a jacked up one.

Semper Games.

I was born smart, but I will not die horny. Video Games for life. Nintendo dot com

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'll probably play GOTG the team leader mechanic sounded like it could be cute and fun; it seems like it has delivered.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I just sold my PS5 so this is my last post in the PS5 thread unless I end up getting a PS5 Lite in 3 years or whatever. I just realized I really hadn't played it much in six months, and the upcoming slate of Sony games just aren't my bag. They all just kind of blend together to me.

But I made a couple of people really happy for getting it to them at an actual reasonable used price instead of a jacked up one.

Semper Games.

I was born smart, but I will not die horny. Video Games for life. Nintendo dot com

Get an Xbox dumbass!!!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I checked out on GotG because I assumed it was service game drek like Avengers. It's nice to hear that it's not. I got interested when I read that it was completely linear lol. Not sure if I trust reviewers when they say the combat is good, think I'll wait for goon reports and maybe wait for a sale if it holds up.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

I just sold my PS5 so this is my last post in the PS5 thread

dont tempt me with a good time

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/108/status/1452741569073790991?s=21

well, something’s happening in 15 I guess

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

acksplode posted:

Not sure if I trust reviewers when they say the combat is good, think I'll wait for goon reports and maybe wait for a sale if it holds up.

Every review I've seen said they liked the game in spite of the bad combat.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Get an Xbox dumbass!!!

I don't really understand this gimmick. I mean, we all have stupid gimmicks but your posting about the Xbox in the PS5 thread all the time has me puzzled. Is it a joke? Is it serious? Is it stockholm syndrome?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the tweet that won't come.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the tweet that won't come.

Check the Patreon

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I hope he doesn’t release it so people can continue to own him by obsessing about it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
tim has been EPICALLY pwned

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
One last time unto the breach 😎

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol so it's not even out today?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Handsome Wife posted:

Every review I've seen said they liked the game in spite of the bad combat.

RPS really likes the combat, Eurogamer says it's mostly cool but then nitpicks it a bit. I gather it's not highly polished but mostly fun and dynamic. Comboing teammate abilities to manage stagger and DPS sounds fun, touches like the team huddle mechanic tell me there's a light on in there. Seems sufficiently load-bearing for a game that has other gameplay pillars.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MarcusSA posted:

I love Alpha protocol but yeah I’m gonna need a little confirmation of that.

Seems either complete bullshit or they don't know why Alpha Protocol was appreciated. IGN mentions that found one instance where your dialogue choices has any meaningful difference. And even then it was either stealth through a room or shoot your way through

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

quote:

I intend to livestream an ACTION BUTTON REVIEWS Cyberpunk 2077 Special Premiere Event at 6pm Eastern on twitch.tv/actionbutton. During this stream, I'll screen the opening segment of the review for a live audience, followed by a twist. I will not spoil the nature of the twist--only that a twist in fact exists. Once the twist has sufficiently twisted itself to exhaustion, I will set the full form of the review to public on youtube.com/actionbutton.

In before “the twist is that there is no video!!!!!”

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Man I wish alpha protocol was a success. New game plus unlocking the Veteran background which lets you smash apart the moral decisions at times was awesome.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Escobarbarian posted:

In before “the twist is that there is no video!!!!!”

There is no video - he’s gonna do it live on twitch like someone doing an end of year project by pulling it directly out of their arse. Then he will download that video from twitch and put it through a 4K upsampler and into YouTube.

I have it all figured out

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't really understand this gimmick. I mean, we all have stupid gimmicks but your posting about the Xbox in the PS5 thread all the time has me puzzled. Is it a joke? Is it serious? Is it stockholm syndrome?

Whichever you prefer

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I haven't really followed the xbox for the last few years. Did they ever start putting the right type of ram in it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah they made a better console than the PS5GamesAvailable but M$ forgot to make any games as well so it’s a bust. Switch stays winning

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ps5 is my last ps console if every loving game goes to pc within 3 years with all dlc im out. I only buy consoles that force me to.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I can never get my couch gaming situation right on PC. I have steam remote play via Apple TV but the input lag is horrible

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I plug it into the tv instead of streaming but you might get better results if you didnt use the apple tv as a middle man

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Check the Patreon

This is the dumbest grab. If you took a day off of work for this today, just to see this.. I hope you take a day off work tomorrow too so he can take twice your money.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

prom candy posted:

I can never get my couch gaming situation right on PC. I have steam remote play via Apple TV but the input lag is horrible

I got my PC couch gaming setup to like 80% of what you'd minimally expect from a console without considering it broken, it took double digit hours of effort and it's a house of cards lightly reinforced with scotch tape. I fantasize about Steam Deck taking off and giving Valve and publishers a reason to support SteamOS enough that it becomes a viable replacement for Windows wrt gaming.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is the dumbest grab. If you took a day off of work for this today, just to see this.. I hope you take a day off work tomorrow too so he can take twice your money.

That’s…not how patreon works

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I use my console for couch gaming and PC for coop and FPS gaming. Both have their use cases and I wouldn't want to miss either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Who takes a day off work for a YouTube video?