Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Nonsense posted:

Now Jeb! is an agent actively working against the presumptive nominee. A Democrat.

Here I was thinking that Trump might've been a Democratic agent. Who knew that the mole was within the establishment!?

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Montasque posted:

Funny you say that. RUSH said that Jeb! would never pull a stunt like this on a Democrat, says he treats Trump worse than he would Clinton.

Establishment and moderate republicans currently hate Trump far more than Clinton because they believe he is destroying the republican party. Most of us see Trump as merely just catering to an under served demographic in the republican free market. Republicans can't blame democrats for trying to destroy the republican party because that is their job as the opposing party and they are working within a gentleman's agreement. Trump is destroying them from within on the other hand and represents chaos.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

The Nastier Nate posted:

Establishment and moderate republicans currently hate Trump far more than Clinton because they believe he is destroying the republican party. Most of us see Trump as merely just catering to an under served demographic in the republican free market. Republicans can't blame democrats for trying to destroy the republican party because that is their job as the opposing party and they are working within a gentleman's agreement. Trump is destroying them from within on the other hand and represents chaos.

Oh I know...

But tell that to freepers and the rest of the base. The way they see it is that Jeb! and the establishment have hijacked THEIR party and that Trump/Cruz/Carson are trying to take the power back for WE THE PEOPLE.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Hold on, did Jeb really get caught using a plant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jILC6cWkGTA&t=104s

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Trump's hosting SNL on November 7th

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-host-snl-november-7-n443726?cid=sm_tw&hootPostID=7d6fcea6c0b39fab44de4bfce805162b

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Montasque posted:

Oh I know...

But tell that to freepers and the rest of the base. The way they see it is that Jeb! and the establishment have hijacked THEIR party and that Trump/Cruz/Carson are trying to take the power back for WE THE PEOPLE.

Well, that's the quirk of the American two-party system. In a parliamentary one, they would be simply two parties (actually, looking at how most of those turn out, there would be one 'centrist', one perennially dejected progressive and one right-wing fascist, but hey...).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God is Real and Good.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

emfive posted:

Have they stopped having Blitzer interview people via Princess Leia holographic projection?

edit: apparently it's "awesome"

Holograms are SOOOO 2008. CNN is all about giving people the option to stare at Virtual Reality Jim Webb now.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

“Imagine if Hillary is elected President. What if she banned your version of the Bible because she considered it to be a threat to her rule? Imagine that she authorized a new Government ‘approved’ version for you to read instead. That’s exactly what happened in the tumultuous year of 1611. King James despised the revolutionary and “seditious” Geneva Bible. He thought the Geneva Bible’s study notes on key political texts threatened his authority, so he outlawed it and ordered a new translation of the Bible – the King James (Authorized Version). While the King James Version is an excellent translation, it was edited and authorized by the Government. The Geneva Bible was not. It was truly a Bible by the people and for the people. Order now and we’ll send you a copy of Dinesh D’Souza’s newest documentary, America: Imagine the World Without Her for FREE!”

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!

Montasque posted:

Not sure if he's played that card yet.

Also the Bush campaign has responded...

See, this might have some legs in the general. If Bush were the Democratic canditate. It resonates with the Meagan Kelly thing, his comments about Fiorina, etc.

In the Republican primary, he may as well just release a video of himself slitting his own wrists.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Does JEB! secretly WANT Donald Trump to be President or is he literally the biggest loving retard moron on the face of the earth?

Unbelievable. Oh well, although he doesn't need any help, I'm glad JEB! is so willing to continue to make Donald Trump look good.

Definitely not surprised with CNN. Par for the course. Their GOP debate was a sham, purposefully ignoring the economy and the issues that really matter so the GOP would waste 3 hours not being able to speak to a national audience about them. Their Democratic debate tonight will be an equal farce, tailored to make the Democratic party look good.

It's OK though. Let the carnies continue to have their fun in blissful ignorance of the reality and inevitability of a Trump presidency.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

I can agree with Trump that CNN is terrible.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

makes u think...

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pillowpants posted:

Biden announces during the debate, so the debate get pre-empted by Biden's announcement and Obama's endorsement would be the best troll.

No, telling all the networks he has a big announcement and then giving a 3 hours speech on trains that they can't cut away from in case he actually announces would be the best troll.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Does JEB! secretly WANT Donald Trump to be President or is he literally the biggest loving retard moron on the face of the earth?

While there is no discounting that JEB! could be the biggest loving retard moron on the face of the earth, it's probably more likely that this is a rogue intern doing stupid things.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!

Gyges posted:

No, telling all the networks he has a big announcement and then giving a 3 hours speech on trains that they can't cut away from in case he actually announces would be the best troll.

Oh man, he could basically speak passionately about actual issues the whole time and they'd hang on his every word.

He needs to do this when he endorses. How long does he still have while he can still enter the race?

(Someone needs to get this idea to someone with his ear, it's kind of brilliant).

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot

Frontspac posted:

Is it bad that this makes sense and I agree with it?

E: Except for the illuminati and the idea that Trump has a reasonable chance of winning the general.

Frontspac posted:

I'll try to translate from schizophrenic poetry to American Standard English:

-Events are occurring which are sorta weird and in defiance of normal expectations and predictions.
-Trump is scary.
-If Trump isn't motivated by wealth, it must be the Illuminati or some group.
-People underestimate the threat Trump poses, or give him too much credit for being sane, reasonable, or reigned in by establishment powers.
-Trump has awoken the latent dissatisfaction and frustration people feel with the status quo, and the discrepancy between the America they're told they get and the one they live in. He's breaking the delusion of the American Dream.
-Trump's actual presidency will be so horrible we'll wish we still had the delusion.

Outside the Illuminati bit it's pretty par for the course for the thread, just expressed more creatively.

If I could Express myself that well I'd still be Employed and Married and the Government Wouldn't be After My rear end
Illuminate is a metaphor for rich dickbags who think they rule the world, Secret Organizations that exert influence via behind the scenes political knavery. If President-Elect Trump can't be bought by a cool billion he could be influenced in other ways. Its not like money is everything in life. Wish I had money. Ain't it sad, there never seems to be a single penny left for me.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

But I thought it was just filthy and perfidious popery until Jesus wrote the KJV and started Christianity?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

new oxford annotated editions for everyone

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Imagine if Hillary made Christianity illegal and started executing Christians and then revealed she was a lizard person who was thousands of years old.

Just imagine it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mendicant posted:

If I could Express myself that well I'd still be Employed and Married and the Government Wouldn't be After My rear end
Illuminate is a metaphor for rich dickbags who think they rule the world, Secret Organizations that exert influence via behind the scenes political knavery. If President-Elect Trump can't be bought by a cool billion he could be influenced in other ways. Its not like money is everything in life. Wish I had money. Ain't it sad, there never seems to be a single penny left for me.

Kneel, Mendicant, and rise as Paradol Ex II.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

/pol/ has officially leaked into our world:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/10/13/donald_trump_embraces_4chan_fans_retweets_cant_stump_trump_video.html

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
cant wait for trump to get ironpilled

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the yoogest, most civilized crusade in the world

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Hannity is now hitting Jeb! over the 'Jeb plant"

This is his lead in for today...

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

with myyyyyyoooosical guest TED NUGENT

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its kinda sad realizing this will certainly be the most hilarious election in american history

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

its kinda sad realizing this will certainly be the most hilarious election in american history

Until it ends with President Trump and we all die in a torrent of nuclear fire, of course.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

That's what I thought about 2012. Really looking forward to what 2020 will bring.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

until the next one, anyway

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

We said that in 2008. Then again in 2012. I believe in an America where every generation can have a more hilarious electoral contest than their parents'.

:911:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Samuel Clemens posted:

That's what I thought about 2012. Really looking forward to what 2020 will bring.
President Donald Trump vs. Kanye West should be pretty hilarious.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It's gonna hit peak hilarity when millennials start running for higher office and everything from Facebook and Tumblr and poo poo gets plastered over the news.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

until the next one, anyway

yeah, if there is a next one

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Rocks posted:

There was talk earlier that his strategists are thinking of changing Jeb's glasses to show more energy. I think it's the dumbest idea and I really hope it happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a2wEMeKJ7g

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

tfw /pol/ backs your president.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

well thats just excessive

im guessing texas

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

paranoid randroid posted:

well thats just excessive

im guessing texas

Whoa, I had no idea there were any In-N-Outs in Texas.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Zoran posted:

Whoa, I had no idea there were any In-N-Outs in Texas.

One is Austin at least.

Always seems to have a huge line whenever I pass by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

It's gonna hit peak hilarity when millennials start running for higher office and everything from Facebook and Tumblr and poo poo gets plastered over the news.

Eh, after Choom Gang failed to make much of an impact on Obama, I'm not TOO worried about this.

• Locked thread