Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

itry posted:

I would like to congratulate Netflix for another squandered opportunity. Adding it to the list along with Altered Carbon and probably more stuff I memory-holed.

I don't think this one is Netflix fault. I think it's because Warner Bros offered him a lot of money to be Superman again and he couldn't do both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B, perhaps.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Still laughing at the scrotum armor

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

itry posted:

A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B, perhaps.

Yeah, with Cavill being a huge Witcher fan I'm worried that the writers were going even more in a direction he didn't like, so taking the big pay day was an easy choice for him. We'll find out when we see season 4 probably.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Skwirl posted:

I don't think this one is Netflix fault. I think it's because Warner Bros offered him a lot of money to be Superman again and he couldn't do both.

I keep hearing that Cavill is "Superman again" and I'm not sure I understand. To my knowledge, he's never not been Superman right? We just haven't had any movies lately where he's relevant to the story, but I don't think he's ever been officially out of DC. We got more of him in Snyder Cut (I know those weren't reshoots, but still), he was teased at the end of Shazam, and without spoiling anything, he has a cameo in a newer DC movie in an end credits scene.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

I keep hearing that Cavill is "Superman again" and I'm not sure I understand. To my knowledge, he's never not been Superman right? We just haven't had any movies lately where he's relevant to the story, but I don't think he's ever been officially out of DC. We got more of him in Snyder Cut (I know those weren't reshoots, but still), he was teased at the end of Shazam, and without spoiling anything, he has a cameo in a newer DC movie in an end credits scene.

he sort of quit but so did ben affleck and yet neither of these resignations took hold.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

S2 had a solid first episode and then spent the rest of the season faffing around and ruining yen's character

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The highlight of S2 is the fight choreography, Geralt aard juggling a Michelet brother into a sword and Yen taking half of Rience's face off with a mouthful of vodka and his own misplaced sense of theatrics are pretty stand-out moments to me.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

pik_d posted:

Yeah, with Cavill being a huge Witcher fan I'm worried that the writers were going even more in a direction he didn't like, so taking the big pay day was an easy choice for him. We'll find out when we see season 4 probably.

Yeah this is the real head scratcher for me. Bit of a red flag. But I guess if Warner drove a dump truck worth of money up Henry's house...

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Tunicate posted:

S2 had a solid first episode and then spent the rest of the season faffing around and ruining yen's character

This is my take on S2 as well.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Some of you might heard about this litle unknown game called The Witcher 3

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1592177211481944068

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well time to take stock of my modlist to see what I'll need to replace.

HD Reworked Project is probably gonna need an overhaul.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

admataY posted:

Some of you might heard about this litle unknown game called The Witcher 3

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1592177211481944068

Always bet on CDPR :c00l:

Well, with one pretty big caveat

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I bought my original GOTY copy at a discount like 6 years ago and would have gladly paid for this new version but hey I'll take it for free

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
sweet time to finish a 3rd? 4th? playthrough

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

comte please force them to make it so the wind is not at hurricane strength 90% of the time so i can play this on my ps5 instead of my pc

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

quote:

On top of that, we’re adding a set of DLCs inspired by Netflix’s The Witcher series, such as new weapons and armor for Geralt and alternative looks for select characters.

lol

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

comte please force them to make it so the wind is not at hurricane strength 90% of the time so i can play this on my ps5 instead of my pc

winds howling

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

So nice of Netflix to burn that goodwill to ash before the DLC even dropped.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 14, 2022

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My Geralt will have Liam Hemsworth's face while wearing the Novigradian testicle armor

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Cavill only did three seasons so he can play W3 as himself.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I wonder if there will be any issues with the PS4 version I have, which was released before the complete edition but still came bundled with the DLC so each time I install I have to install the 28+ pieces of DLC separately

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Arc Hammer posted:

So nice of Netflix to burn that goodwill to ash before the DLC even dropped.

It's probably gonna be free DLC, it's just funny because there's already dozens of Cavill Geralt mods on Nexus.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Given how extremely delayed and troubled this project has been and the lack of any detail right up until the last minute I'm a little skeptical, but then Witcher 3 doesn't really need a PC upgrade anyway - it still stands up extremely well.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Volte posted:

Witcher 1 wasn't really any jankier than NWN1, the game whose engine it used. It was just par for the course for PC games then. I did a full playthrough this year and the only thing that really struck me as "janky" as opposed to just "obviously from 2007" is the crafting system, where literally the only potions I used for the entire game were Swallow and Tawny Owl.

My user name is actually the name of my fairy familiar from when I played Neverwinter Nights in high school.

I don't remember much about that game except that I enjoyed it, but I didn't really have any experience with Western RPGs.

I could never get into Witcher 1; I remember getting stuck in a swamp area. Liked 2 a lot, though.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Witcher 1 is still awesome. The swamp is also awesome. That whole goddamn game is awesome.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

Witcher 1 is still awesome. The swamp is also awesome. That whole goddamn game is awesome.

Message received, don't worry the police are on their way to your house now.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

W1 is pretty good

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

ill kick ur rear end and make money doin it

we'll see.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's many times in W3 that I wished I had the group attack options of W1

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

What Witcher 1 was really good at was taking the Aurora engine and doing something creative and different with it that Bioware and Obsidian didn't. The swamp is boring and awful, but everything in Vizima is fantastic and is so much more interesting than the 'clear the dungeon of enemies' thing that the other studios were doing at the time that it really put CD Projeckt on the radar for a lot of people.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

There's many times in W3 that I wished I had the group attack options of W1

Getting a decent group attack in W3 seems to take forever. There's that whirl move in a specific upgrade path and it's pretty far down the tree, iirc.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

chaosapiant posted:

Dice Poker is bad :colbert:

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 15, 2022

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I liked dice poker, but I like bad things. But I didn't like witcher 1. also one of me only tells the truth, and the other, only lies

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dice poker was trash in W1 and W2, while Gwent is maybe the best mini-game ever.

Witcher 1 was... okay? I enjoyed it well enough when I played it, but after ten some-odd years, the only things that've stuck with me are the wooden animations, stilted VO, and all-around jank.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
I liked Dice Poker until I lost dice outside the box, then I wanted to burn everything to the ground.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

They should add liar's dice from RDR1 to the remake imo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
still waiting for joseph andersons witcher 3 video

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

They should add liar's dice from RDR1 to the remake imo

they should add it to everything imo

starting with rdr2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

still waiting for joseph andersons witcher 3 video

The tone I got from his W2 video was "I had a breakdown making this" so I get why the W3 one has been on a hiatus