System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

99% of poo poo goons complain about is stuff no one who really plays video games care about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
every game release that doesnt run perfectly on a potato shows up as mixed on steam reviews, always disregard

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYsReoZMj1k

goddamn when this poo poo drops you're gonna have a bunch of people playing Red Dead Redemption 2 [again]

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's based on Horizon Zero Dawn actually

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

99% of poo poo goons complain about is stuff no one who really plays video games care about

if someone says something is literally unplayable it means it crashed for them once in 1000 hrs of gameplay

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

yakuza kiwami first impressions:

it's just a gif of majima doing the Kramer entrance

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!
Majima is sealioning Kiryu, really

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

if someone says something is literally unplayable it means it crashed for them once in 1000 hrs of gameplay

the worst is when goons start talking about something is locked to 30 fps

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

hahaha. the myriad majima entrances are the best part of kiwami. saw dozens of them over the course of the game and always laughed and clapped my hands

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It might also just mean that after they played for 1000 hrs it just wasn't quite as fun any more

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i've been playing Pokemon X at 30 fps on my steam deck, and it looks fine. great, even

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

chekc out the mgs collection vol 1 op

that’s not twisted metal at all!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lib and let die posted:

It's literally the best part of Kiwami 1, which is otherwise just okay. He's the most supportive boyfriend ever.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYsReoZMj1k

goddamn when this poo poo drops you're gonna have a bunch of people playing Red Dead Redemption 2 [again]

funny to see the transparency of the hollywood hype machine being revved up once the reviews start coming in

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lib and let die posted:

enjoy friend

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
You can just buy standing ovations at Cannes. They charge by the minute.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's like the Nemesis system, but with just one really weird orc

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

my favorite kiwami moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1PsT-4EReI

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Actually I think it mgiht be June? Anyway, they've been posting cool teasers on reddit and the discord. I even tried the new scrap Gnolls in the bitbucket, their new non-devil worshipping religion is really cool.

Popy posted:

been playin Anbennar i've been obsessed with playing in the Bulwar i love the Sun Cult lore and the sun elven successor states of the Phoenix Empire.

also the protagonists of Anbennar the Jaddari.

There is no God but Surael and Jaddar is his prophet.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
just burnt the Erdtree without any kindling, rip

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Hatebag posted:

hahaha. the myriad majima entrances are the best part of kiwami. saw dozens of them over the course of the game and always laughed and clapped my hands

my favorite was the fast food restaurant where kiryu's standing in line and the camera just pans slightly to reveal majima standing behind him

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

my favorite was the fast food restaurant where kiryu's standing in line and the camera just pans slightly to reveal majima standing behind him

what a great game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8q_F3tpY0M

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
Is this the miniatures thread too? I have a shelf full of boxed artillery models, and I'm still not sure how to actually get started and make this all look good.

I ordered this set, but what do I actually do? You have to dilute acrylic paint, right?

Then three coats, just like are matched up in the set?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

every game release that doesnt run perfectly on a potato shows up as mixed on steam reviews, always disregard

i game on a potato so it's helpful to me because you sure as hell won't find out if something's optimized well or not any other way because as mentioned, nobody cares about that poo poo

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Is this the miniatures thread too? I have a shelf full of boxed artillery models, and I'm still not sure how to actually get started and make this all look good.

I ordered this set, but what do I actually do? You have to dilute acrylic paint, right?

you don’t have to dilute acrylic but it’s usually a good idea. you want it to lay flat against the model and not glob up. mix in a little water to get something thicker like for base coats, or mix in a lot of water and you can make washes to tweak colors, do gradients, etc. you’ll come to get a feel for it

for big, smooth objects like artillery guns or really any model of a real world vehicle/plane of sufficient size, it’s hard (but not impossible) to get them looking natural using brushes only. at that point you’re looking at airbrushing which is its own thing, but really fun and easy once you know what’s what. it looks intimidating but the only real trick to it is to keep your airbrush clean

I recommend checking out the Scale Models thread and the Miniatures thread, both great resources

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3148869

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4054777

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Buck Wildman posted:

yikes, why was that a thing in the first place

you were able to the the wheel as a controller but the steering rack is connected mechanically so turning the wheel would scrub and flatspot your tires super fast lol

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Made it to the post credits content in Hades. Now is the time to slam my face against increasing heat difficulties.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

get tiny brushes

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
Thanks. I figure I finally finished framing and hanging prints on the one wall, I might as well paint all of the guns for the shelves.

For the airbrushing, do I need to go full wargamer and get a generator and paint shop setup in the garage, or are these any good?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Thanks. I figure I finally finished framing and hanging prints on the one wall, I might as well paint all of the guns for the shelves.

For the airbrushing, do I need to go full wargamer and get a generator and paint shop setup in the garage, or are these any good?

I have no idea idea but I use a little tabletop air compressor and an airbrush that looks less elaborate than that and the whole setup cost me like 100 bucks

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Other weird things

People expecting video to be in 1080p or better
Expecting color accuracy to be right
Graphics without jaggies or heavy filtering
Polygons, am I rite

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

do they make airbrushes that run off of co2 cartridges?

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
Okay, final Q: I can't find a copy of CONGO anywhere. Is it worthwhile emailing Tomahawk to ask about a second edition, or do I have to find another game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6EPzFrmuZ0

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Okay, final Q: I can't find a copy of CONGO anywhere. Is it worthwhile emailing Tomahawk to ask about a second edition, or do I have to find another game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6EPzFrmuZ0

lol never change bud

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

I hear these are fine but limiting, suitable for small single projects and not really a solution for long term airbrushing. I don't own one but I've handled a few and full teardowns are not really possible so they're essentially disposable after about five to ten uses I would assume. Normal real airbrushes have to be fully torn down and cleaned all the time.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Got a couple days off coming up, think it's time to finally dive into X-piratez and see how long it takes me to drown and how many times I must drown until I get a grip on just what the hell is going on

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Make sure your paints don't contain heavy metals or only paint in a well ventilated environment!

David Dees melted his brain with cadmium pigments

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

bedpan posted:

Make sure your paints don't contain heavy metals or only paint in a well ventilated environment!

David Dees melted his brain with cadmium pigments

Oh no, that's what happened to Dees?

We always wondered in the politoons thread when he was still active what had happened, you could see his decline practically in real time

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I has no idea DDEES worked with physical media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Oh no, that's what happened to Dees?

We always wondered in the politoons thread when he was still active what had happened, you could see his decline practically in real time

Yep. He loved airbrushing and loved cadmium pigments. He only got into digital stuff because he degraded so much physically that he could no longer do airbrush work. By the time he realized that what he loved was literally killing him, scrambling his brain, and destroying his nervous system it was too late and the damage had been done.