Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nepetaquest is happening better get ready for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I've been ready since before she got downed by the clown.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
it's probably not going to happen but I have an itty bitty feeling that today's update is going to be a flash page.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's Striderchat.

Oh, the things they have to say.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
This is pretty much the only way this could have turned out, lbr.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Be still my beating heart.

e: Last update of the week Vriska and Meenah, aw yiss.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

No icons at all for Jade, dammit.

e: Poor speechless Striders.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 17, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Davinci posted:

it's probably not going to happen but I have an itty bitty feeling that today's update is going to be a flash page.

well I mean you weren't technically wrong...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Awkward talk times.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

No icons at all for Jade, dammit.

There wasn't any icon for Rosesprite or Jasprosesprite^2, but we still got them. I'd be unsurprised if the Lone Roxy panel wasn't actual lone Roxy.

e: The best log will be Roxy & Kanaya, just as a heads up.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I can't get to the main site now. Does anybody feel like listing whose icons showed up?

e:

WAR FOOT posted:

There wasn't any icon for Rosesprite or Jasprosesprite^2, but we still got them. I'd be unsurprised if the Lone Roxy panel wasn't actual lone Roxy.

(desperate rationalization) Roxy's Void icon hides Jade's Space. That's it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The best music to listen to during this update is elevatorstuck.

Really drives home the awkwardness.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I can't get to the main site now. Does anybody feel like listing whose icons showed up?

Here.

Wonder what's up with that lonely Roxy square.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I went ahead and broke it down as a list of names.

1. Dirk/Dave (today)
2. Rose, John, Jane, Roxy, Calliope, Terezi
3. Vriska, Meenah
4. Roxy, Calliope
5. Terezi, Rose, John, Jane
6. Roxy
7. Jasprosesprite^2 (god help us), Jane
8. Roxy, Calliope
9. Dirk/Dave (poor babies)
10. Roxy, Kanaya

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Eagerly anticipating the apathetic Meenah and Vriska having a calm, boring chat, then getting fragged by Cool Vriska leading English to their bubble.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It could also be Vriska and Feferi. Probably not, but with discussion of a dead troll getting revived, you never know!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I want to see the Roxy and Kanaya chat, because, like, what are they even going to talk about?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Bobulus posted:

I want to see the Roxy and Kanaya chat, because, like, what are they even going to talk about?

"So what exactly are your intentions with my daughter?"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

Eagerly anticipating the apathetic Meenah and Vriska having a calm, boring chat, then getting fragged by Cool Vriska leading English to their bubble.

Their ship name is fishka

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Android Blues posted:

It could also be Vriska and Feferi. Probably not, but with discussion of a dead troll getting revived, you never know!
Vriska specifically headed off to find Meenah; I think her Seer powers might keep her from detouring to Feferi.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
^^^ EDIT: Uh, neither of the characters you're referring to is a Seer :v:

Surprise twist, for some reason Horuss claws his way out of complete and udder (does that count for a pun?) irrelevance and has a chat with Roxy.

Then we cut to him and Porrim.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
more sequential finish crumbs than a final fantasy protagonist

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Classtoise posted:

^^^ EDIT: Uh, neither of the characters you're referring to is a Seer :v:

I had brains once. It was a nice feeling. I recommend it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got distracted halway through my re-read of Problem Sleuth. I'm now reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got distracted halway through my re-read of Problem Sleuth. I'm now reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

This is not a problem. :getin:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Enourmo posted:

This is not a problem. :getin:

Just finished Battle Tendency for the first time. I've now fianlly reached PersonaStardust Crusaders.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

MonsieurChoc posted:

This is the opposite of a problem.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Just finished Battle Tendency for the first time. I've now finally reached PersonaStardust Crusaders.

I highly recommend watching Stardust Crusaders. It's on its last episode this Friday and by god it's been a wild ride.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Kinda disappointed we didn't get a strider rap battle

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

MonsieurChoc posted:

Just finished Battle Tendency for the first time. I've now fianlly reached PersonaStardust Crusaders.

Skip to Egypt after India and you'll enjoy it much better. Stardust Crusaders takes way too long.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

whowhatwhere posted:

Skip to Egypt after India and you'll enjoy it much better. Stardust Crusaders takes way too long.

:getout:
:puckout:
:frogout:
:dogout:

Never skip anything. Why would you skip anything?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

whowhatwhere posted:

You're the motherfucker that tells Homestuck readers to skip straight to act 5. :frogout:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Striders are incapable of open, honest communication, more at eleven.
Actually there is nothing at eleven because that is pretty much all there is to say on the matter.

Zeruel posted:

:getout:
:puckout:
:frogout:
:dogout:

Never skip anything. Why would you skip anything?

Seriously, has Homestuck taught you nothing?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Homestuck isn't jojo

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
Honestly, I don't remember Stardust Crusaders dragging when I read it, but it's pretty drat serial. Like they get the team together, and then they fight a dude, and then they fight a dude, and then they fight some more dudes until they get to the biggest meanest dude, who they fight.
It's fun and all, but it's not like an intricate tapestry to which every single panel is vital. Skip whatever you want, you'll follow along just fine.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Kinda disappointed we didn't get a strider rap battle

I'm sure it'll occur, just needs some greasing from someone outside of the pair who isn't an awkward, insecure sword rubber.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

whowhatwhere posted:

I'm a Homestuck fan. Why would something taking too long be a problem for me?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Pre-Egypt Stardust Crusaders is still entertaining though I agree it has paled to everything in the Egypt arc. You could do worse with your time all told.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Stardust Crusaders is definitely worth taking the time to appreciate.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 17, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Note to Self posted:

Honestly, I don't remember Stardust Crusaders dragging when I read it, but it's pretty drat serial. Like they get the team together, and then they fight a dude, and then they fight a dude, and then they fight some more dudes until they get to the biggest meanest dude, who they fight.
It's fun and all, but it's not like an intricate tapestry to which every single panel is vital. Skip whatever you want, you'll follow along just fine.

Yeah but every fight is pretty entertaining. A few are a bit dull compared to the "best of JoJo" fights and more of those happen pre-Egypt than post, but there's also enough great stuff that skipping part 1 is tantamount to skipping the Intermission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Basically I just want him to get to Diamond is Unbreakable faster :colbert: