Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Are there other examples of games integrating mods into an official update? I’m sure there’s some I’m not thinking of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm almost certain there's a version of Half Life 2 that got an official release with modded material. HL2 Update I think.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Has any information been released about what the download size of the coming update?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Apparently the video I posted about was fake and is a modded existing PC version and not the update. Sorry folks.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
The real test will be in dark environments like caves and houses. I will be looking forward to seeing how well GI functions in say the sewers of Novograd or the ruins where Keira Metz takes you.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Somehow while watching the show I came around on the Nilfgaard testicle armor. I think it went from 'hideous' to 'so hideous it's funny' after one of the big army battle scenes, so I'm excited to see who's gonna be wearing it when I turn it on in W3 lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I except it’ll be an appearance toggle, the same way some characters got alternative costume dlc.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Peter Saar Gwynleve giving the Temerians a talking-to about hard work and idioms while dressed in a rumpled scrote bag.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

the main problem with the nutsack armor is that the existing nilfgaard armor already looked too cool

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ainsley McTree posted:

the main problem with the nutsack armor is that the existing nilfgaard armor already looked too cool

Also the nutsack look. That was a problem too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://youtu.be/GuF89oNzhBI

I wonder if I can run Raytracing 1080p/60 on my 2060 Super.
Probably not, but it looks great.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Jack Trades posted:

Looks great in Tussaint. But yeah, the framerate is pretty bad with RTS on.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Jack Trades posted:

There are some massive drops visible in frame rate

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

ephex posted:

There are some massive drops visible in frame rate
That's at 4K Ultra+ too, so I'd be interested to see how it runs at 1440p with regular Ultra or even High. Half the time in games like this the Ultra preset is barely noticeable even flipping back and forth between reference images and yet inexplicably chops off 30% of FPS.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Without DLSS even on a 3080 RTX is almost never worth it. Might be different here since it's an older game but it kinda seems like not based on that video.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

just tested positive for covid so me and geralt are gonna have fun

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

just tested positive for covid so me and geralt are gonna have fun

Sometimes I make the mistake of playing my favourite video game while ill and accidentally train my brain to associate playing the game with feeling sick.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Since I own an old GOTY PS4 version, I can just download the full PS5 version anytime after midnight tonight, correct? Or does it make more sense to re-download the old version today and then just the update tomorrow?

I'm probably overthinking it but my time with the Hitman games has shown me how needlessly complicated this process can be

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Hobo Clown posted:

Since I own an old GOTY PS4 version, I can just download the full PS5 version anytime after midnight tonight, correct? Or does it make more sense to re-download the old version today and then just the update tomorrow?

I'm probably overthinking it but my time with the Hitman games has shown me how needlessly complicated this process can be

AFAIK native PS5 versions are always their own separate port of the game that shows up as "Game X - PS5 version" in the store.

PSN recognizes that you have purchased the PS4 edition so it gives you the option to download the PS4 version or the native PS5 version for free.

So you shouldnt need to redownload the old version at all

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It's a new entry and you will need to download the entire game again. On Xbox and PC it's a patch. PS5 is also a new trophy list if you care about that.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

WaltherFeng posted:

AFAIK native PS5 versions are always their own separate port of the game that shows up as "Game X - PS5 version" in the store.

PSN recognizes that you have purchased the PS4 edition so it gives you the option to download the PS4 version or the native PS5 version for free.

So you shouldnt need to redownload the old version at all

yeah you need to get the new version for ps5, it will let you download the old one for some games if they upgrade was a paid bit on content, like ghost of tsushima (absolutely worth it)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If it's a patch for PC I may hold off for a bit because I've modded the hell out of my game and I may need some updates before I jump back in.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Thanks for the answers, that makes sense. New trophy list is fun, but the stupid headshot trophy will probably still prevent me getting the plat

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egg9jUkHxQc

Instead of old man Dandelion doing loading screen narrations they should go with the abridged summary narrated by Roach.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
IMPORTANT NOTE.

Crow's Perch now has a fast travel point that isn't on the outside of the moat.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

IMPORTANT NOTE.

Crow's Perch now has a fast travel point that isn't on the outside of the moat.

This ruins my authentic experience of hearing pam pam a ram from the peasants while sprinting past at least a dozen times

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wolfsheim posted:

This ruins my authentic experience of hearing pam pam a ram from the peasants while sprinting past at least a dozen times

Right... give me the coin. Heads, we clean the poo poo out of the stables, tails we (audio fades away as I rush past the gate.)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Sometimes I make the mistake of playing my favourite video game while ill and accidentally train my brain to associate playing the game with feeling sick.

Yup, for me Skyrim is still linked to the taste of vomit and delirium when I had COVID two years ago. For the first couple of months I didn't want to even think of the game.

Arc Hammer posted:

If it's a patch for PC I may hold off for a bit because I've modded the hell out of my game and I may need some updates before I jump back in.

You'll probably want to disable updates then, if you're on Steam.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm on GOG. can I log into a new zealand VPN and start my download right now? it's supposed to release at 12am, so for me that would be in 10 hours.

edit: looking at the map, it seems the PC release is literally all at the same time: 12am UTC, so for me that would be 5pm today.

redreader fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 13, 2022

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

as long as we still have "*fart* HAW HAW HAW HAW" guy all is well

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Will the pc version add HDR?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ColdIronsBound posted:

Will the pc version add HDR?

It's not in the changelog at least.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

as long as we still have "*fart* HAW HAW HAW HAW" guy all is well

i accidentally threw a bomb at these guys and discovered they are easily defeated if you aard them off the bridge.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I know this is extremely old news and a weird time to bring it up on the eve of the re release but I just made it to S2 of the Netflix show and...did they somehow forget to give all the other witchers cat eyes? This seems like a very bad sign for the rest of the series

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The show is dead in the water anyway, Henry Cavill seems to have been the glue that kept it together at all and he left to be replaced by Liam Hemsworth. The former producer of the show even said that the writers Netflix had assigned to the show actively dislike the books and games.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

So is there no pre-download available for PS5? The store page only shows Witcher 3 PS4.

Edit: specifically is this actually going to have a ps5 version or is the ps4 version what i should be installing?

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 14, 2022

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

It's live on gog.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

47GB :eyepop:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Cool, the game won't let me turn on RT or DLSS for some reason? It's like it doesn't recognize my 3080?

Edit: Verifying files fixed it.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

very excited to replay this, updating now