Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you freeze-frame it just right, you can see the exact moment his heart breaks... (about 9 seconds in).

https://twitter.com/Real_Kilometers/status/1153895075753021440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Hahaha obviously set up gags are the best. I'm just kidding, that's stupid and now so are you.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Croatoan posted:

Hahaha obviously set up gags are the best. I'm just kidding, that's stupid and now so are you.

:chloe: it was funny

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Randaconda is no Landerig.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Croatoan posted:

Sorry about your anime fig

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
If that wasn't a setup it was a real dick move. I can't imagine they're making Lucky Star figurines anymore, that's gonna be hard to replace.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

That really is the_french.jpg

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

He's lucky. Should he ordered in English, they'd just beat him up.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Croatoan posted:

If it's real, it's funny.

If it's fake, that guy still destroyed some anime figurine, and so the world is a better place.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
A receptionist in a camp in Bretagne refused to speak english to us even though it was later revealed she spoke it. She even snickered something along the lines of "you came to France speaking no french". Before that I thought the stories about smug frenchies like that were a myth!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

PittTheElder posted:

If it's real, it's funny.

If it's fake, that guy still destroyed some anime figurine, and so the world is a better place.

Fair

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/BryanDawsonUSA/status/1154223633092567040

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bert Roberge posted:

Randaconda is no Landerig.

Until he refers to himself as a “forums double agent” he never will be

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The text on the fake presidential seal said, in Latin, "45 is a puppet".

loving hilarious. He got utterly chumped by this.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

I'mma go with dumb. These kids still thought it would be cool to be in TPUSA after the diaper stunt.

FreeMars
Mar 22, 2011
On French chat, I proposed to my now wife in Paris and I speak a little French so we got by ok. The only time we got the stereotypical french snootiness was 2hen my wife ordered a hamburger. The waiter was insulted and yelling at here about us coming all the way to France for a burger.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Captain Jesus posted:

A receptionist in a camp in Bretagne refused to speak english to us even though it was later revealed she spoke it. She even snickered something along the lines of "you came to France speaking no french". Before that I thought the stories about smug frenchies like that were a myth!

You have to put the tiniest amount of effort into learning to say 'Parlez-vous anglais?' first and then they treat you just fine.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Paladinus posted:

You have to put the tiniest amount of effort into learning to say 'Parlez-vous anglais?' first and then they treat you just fine.

This isn't true, they just say 'non' and stare through you until you shamefully walk away.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The French are a notoriously difficult-to-like people second only, to no ones great surprise, the Bulgarians

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

A friend of mine who is half irish, half french was telling me about one time he was in a tabacconists in Paris and a tourist came in and tried to ask for something in understandable but imperfect french and everyone in the shop pretended not to understand him and so he left all sad and ashamed of his bad french.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

If that wasn't a setup it was a real dick move. I can't imagine they're making Lucky Star figurines anymore, that's gonna be hard to replace.

Oh no, a vinyl piece of consumership might get scuffed. Oh, the humanity. :geno:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

oldpainless posted:

...., to no ones great surprise, the Bulgarians

Ha I was about to same something of that ilk but of course you beat me!

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

deported to Canada posted:

This isn't true, they just say 'non' and stare through you until you shamefully walk away.

How do you say "verry well, I'll butcher your mother tongue then" in French?

Also, yes, gently caress Bulgarians. I stayed in Bulgaria for three months and they will absolutely just refuse to engage with English speaking foriginers.

I was there with someone who spoke their language, and in one incident we asked someone how to get to X street but they just crossed their arms and stared at us like we'd farted at a wake.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Who What Now posted:

Oh no, a vinyl piece of consumership might get scuffed. Oh, the humanity. :geno:

people tend to like the things that they own. Especially something like that figurine, which has no practical value so presumably they only bough because of a sentimental attachment to the anime the character was from

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Dr Christmas posted:

I'mma go with dumb. These kids still thought it would be cool to be in TPUSA after the diaper stunt.

I bet TPUSA had to get some A/V kid to set the projector up. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked the techie to make a background with the presidential seal that they could project behind the pres. I don't know, but they don't see like the most well put together operation.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

This meme does not spark joy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ewiley posted:

This meme does not spark joy

That lady's pretty cool, except that she says you shouldn't keep a ton of books around for no reason. I need to surround myself with books because I live in a bad neighborhood and densely packed bookshelves are great for stopping bullets.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
i went to france and spoke only a tiny bit of very broken french, just enough to ask how much something cost and say please and thank you and everyone i met was very nice and smiley and happy to help :)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

im sure when foreign people come to america nobody ever makes fun of their accents or is lovely to them as a result when they are unable to speak english

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Everyone I met in France was very nice, I only visited Paris and Versailles though. At one point I thought someone was being rude, I had asked a bartender if they take credit cards, and held out my card to help show what I was asking. The bartender told me, what I thought was "No Americans" so I left, I did not make a scene. But later I realized I had shown him my American Express and he was saying no to that, so I came back with cash and it was fine and I had a nice drink! Anyway, that is my Paris story, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk hosted on a towel full of junk outside the entrance to the Tower du Eiffel.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

France is the only country I've been to where some people are actively hostile if you aren't a native-level speaker, but it's very much person-dependent. I met folks ranging from the snooty cliche all the way to the nice shop owner who acted out several barnyard animals for me to indicate what was in each sandwich when I was struggling for words (best: pushing up her nose and snorting to lead into jambon).

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

That lady's pretty cool, except that she says you shouldn't keep a ton of books around for no reason. I need to surround myself with books because I live in a bad neighborhood and densely packed bookshelves are great for stopping bullets.

She's also said that's her personal preference and tons of books are fine if you actually read them sometimes

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Captain Hygiene posted:

France is the only country I've been to where some people are actively hostile if you aren't a native-level speaker

You've never been to the US, then?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

does that sound like no reason to you?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bertrand Hustle posted:

You've never been to the US, then?

:arghfist::911:

Well yeah, ya got me there.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Who is this guy?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oldpainless posted:

Until he refers to himself as a “forums double agent” he never will be

The hell does that even mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Gripweed posted:

people tend to like the things that they own. Especially something like that figurine, which has no practical value so presumably they only bough because of a sentimental attachment to the anime the character was from

So was it just too late to stop the kick once you realized what was happening or what?