Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

boner confessor posted:

:siren: :siren: joke police incoming, put down your jokes and humor people. put them all on the ground. joke police are making this a no joke zone!!! :siren: :siren:

lol, if you think a plurality of this threads regulars doesn't unironically believe every Republican is a fascist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

:drat:

Thanks for reminding me Newt Gingrich exists, rear end in a top hat. Good joke, though,

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Chilichimp posted:

lol, if you think a plurality of this threads regulars doesn't unironically believe every Republican is a fascist.

they're not all fascists, some are fascist-sympathizers

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mother of god this is a tweet that is a work of art

A lovely Reporter posted:

:siren:Now can we please stop the McCain argument?:siren:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aves Maria! posted:

they're not all fascists, some are fascist-sympathizers

The punch targeting HUD for these two groups is indistinguishable to the ANTIFA-1000 models.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Historically inaccurate, fascism was a European movement

Neoconfederate would be a better term, or possibly just kakistocrat

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Historically inaccurate, fascism was a European movement

Neoconfederate would be a better term, or possibly just kakistocrat

fascist, not Fascist, you nigh-indistinguishable-currently-from-a-guy-arguing-that-fascism-is-of-the-left pedant.

edit:

I'm being a playful rear end, not a hateful one, go gentle on my butthole :ohdear:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 20, 2017

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

A lovely Reporter posted:

:siren:Now can we please stop the McCain argument?:siren:
Agreed. Think of it this way, if you want to show respect for a terminally ill human being, the best way might be to just not talk about him. Treating it as a private family matter would be respectful, and it's what you would want if it happened to your family.

If you hate McCain, remember that the drive of his entire life has been to reach for higher power and title, a glory-hound trying leave a legacy he will be remembered for. What better "gently caress you" is there than just not talking about him?

It's a win-win... And come on, it's not like just repeating "I want to high-five cancer!" is going to lead the conversation anywhere worthwhile.

Burns of this quality on Newt are always welcome though.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 20, 2017

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Chilichimp posted:

The punch targeting HUD

Isn't that Ben Carson's new project to help McCain?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Chilichimp posted:

The punch targeting HUD for these two groups is indistinguishable to the ANTIFA-1000 models.

sometimes you're gonna have some collateral punching

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

But seriously have we considered if cancer might be one of the good guys

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

well if the man wasn't dying earlier he is now

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Cancer was #noangel

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

If McCain decides to vacate his seat over his health, would they hold a special election? How long would it take?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ArkansasOnline/status/888030740293799936

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crows Turn Off posted:

If McCain decides to vacate his seat over his health, would they hold a special election? How long would it take?

We've been discussing that a lot since yesterday.

I believe we arrived at: Governor would appoint a republican stooge to serve until 2018 > 2018 would have special election to serve out the remainder of McCain's term > Whenever McCains term was supposed to end, there will be another election.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Can we go back to picking at the Times' interview with Il Douché.

Come friends, mine this rich vein with me, uncover such glimmering gems of discourse:

quote:

TRUMP: So I told them today, I don’t want to do that. I want to either get it done or not get it done. If we don’t get it done, we are going to watch Obamacare go down the tubes, and we’ll blame the Democrats. And at some point, they are going to come and say, “You’ve got to help us.”

BAKER: Did the senators want to try again?

TRUMP: I think so. We had a great meeting. Was I late?

:v:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

National Enquirer breaking with an article about how John Edwards was hanging out with the junior Senator from Arizona all those times he cancelled on McCain. They even authored a bill together.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I like imagining the guy in blue is yelling "SOOOOOOOIE!"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

quote:

TRUMP: So I said to congress, "Do or do not. There is no 'try'". I came up with that.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

I believe we arrived at: Governor would appoint a republican stooge to serve until 2018 > 2018 would have special election to serve out the remainder of McCain's term > Whenever McCains term was supposed to end, there will be another election.
That's too bad, Governor Ducey is a gigantic pile of poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JailTrump posted:

I really dislike the "warification" of political language.

People are going to die preventable deaths and people are going to be tortured and commit suicide. But that's not directly McCains fault.

That's the fault of his party - his base - and the nature of the world as a whole.

It's not "warification", it's the spreading realization that the people in charge are working to slaughter us and steal our money to give it to the rich. Just because they're insulated from the effects of their decisions by 800 layers of bureaucracy does not mean that they are not culpable and responsible.

You are blinded by the trappings of the system in which you live.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

KickerOfMice posted:

Can we go back to picking at the Times' interview with Il Douché.

Come friends, mine this rich vein with me, uncover such glimmering gems of discourse:

:v:

I gotta be honest, he's being pretty clear with that statement, or at least clear by his standards.

As far as he's concerned it's win-win. He wants a yes or no vote, and either way is good. Yes, he gets his Trumpcare. No, it means Obamacare will implode and everyone will come crying to him to save them. I don't get what's weird about this (except for, you know, it all being based on a fantasy world)

He's just bored of health care and wants to talk about something else.

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Push El Burrito posted:

Nope, "How 'bout them Hogs!!!!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump is too stupid to realize but he has a lot at stake with this healthcare vote. When it fails many Republicans are going to rightly look at Trump and his contribution to how miserably unpopular it was. How his epic deal making skills backfired and turned critical votes against it.

Trump is a giant liability to every piece of legislation the GOP hopes to pass.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's not "warification", it's the spreading realization that the people in charge are working to slaughter us and steal our money to give it to the rich. Just because they're insulated from the effects of their decisions by 800 layers of bureaucracy does not mean that they are not culpable and responsible.

You are blinded by the trappings of the system in which you live.

Exactly. Appealing to decorum and civility might work when most white people are doing fine, but people are literally dying unnecessarily and our leaders do not care.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump is too stupid to realize but he has a lot at stake with this healthcare vote. When it fails many Republicans are going to rightly look at Trump and his contribution to how miserably unpopular it was. How his epic deal making skills backfired and turned critical votes against it.

what are they gonna do about it though? if they turn on him in public, do they actually have a chance against him? i agree he's a giant liability and is creating a lot of chaos, but i doubt the GOP is gonna turn on their pres in less than a year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's more of a risk to take on since their voters still love him and don't care about actually passing legislation.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

15% of the population within the last 8 months seems like a lot.

edit: wait, that 1% is really weird. Lets see, population of the US is.... 323 million, and 1% of 15% of that....

Almost 500,000 people attended protests both for and against Trump. :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/pewresearch/status/888097575966035968

Rigel fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 20, 2017

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

They can probably pay for that from their Nespresso budget.

Lets do this coffee derail.

Anyone that uses some sort of pod coffee maker is trash.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

I gotta be honest, he's being pretty clear with that statement, or at least clear by his standards.

As far as he's concerned it's win-win. He wants a yes or no vote, and either way is good. Yes, he gets his Trumpcare. No, it means Obamacare will implode and everyone will come crying to him to save them. I don't get what's weird about this (except for, you know, it all being based on a fantasy world)

He's just bored of health care and wants to talk about something else.

Yeah, well, let me chuckle at his fumbly sentence structure. Ane the part that I didn't highlight ( If we don’t get it done, we are going to watch Obamacare go down the tubes, and we’ll blame the Democrats. And at some point, they are going to come and say, “You’ve got to help us.”)
Reveals pretty clearly how his mind solves problems. Not a mention of why his plan did not work, but he sure as poo poo is ready with who to blame his failures on!

quote:

TRUMP: I hope we don’t have any grandstanders. I don’t think we do.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
So what will it finally take before the ~36-40% Trump base finally starts to turn on him? Could he really do anything to lose them?

I mean it's still early in the first term but a whole lot of poo poo has happened

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Rigel posted:

15% of the population within the last 8 months seems like a lot.

https://twitter.com/pewresearch/status/888097575966035968
Is "going to a bar to watch the Comey testimony" considered a political event?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

PhazonLink posted:

i heard aeropress was supposed to be good if you just want single or so cups of coffee. any other suggestions?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

PhazonLink posted:

This is so true.

Casey Finnigan posted:

So what will it finally take before the ~36-40% Trump base finally starts to turn on him? Could he really do anything to lose them?

They won't. It's white tribal identity.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Chilichimp posted:

I'm sure Scott Brown has already purchased a residence in Arizona so that his truck can run for the seat.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

i heard aeropress was supposed to be good if you just want single or so cups of coffee. any other suggestions?
A desk-based pour-over system. gently caress Keurigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Push El Burrito posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C74e60oXaUc

• Locked thread