Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

berzerkmonkey posted:

I backed the Jailbirds for Necromunda not-Escher, and the casts are perfect.

I have this one: http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/si-fi/products/skaarlys and the quality was not great. Her jawline was super messed up and had to be reshaped and the metal itself was very inconsistent quality throughout, very rough for a white metal cast. I mean, it's all relative because the one DE Finecast mini I've painted (whoever the succubus hero is) was also ultra bad and needed extensive cleaning so I guess it's whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The sculptor's posted their work on http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?76947-a-few-sketches&p=1184340&viewfull=1#post1184340

There's the stuff that's for money, and the stuff that's for themselves. Guess which is which!

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

SynthOrange posted:

The sculptor's posted their work on http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?76947-a-few-sketches&p=1184340&viewfull=1#post1184340

There's the stuff that's for money, and the stuff that's for themselves. Guess which is which!

"Huh, this doesn't look so baa-"

Topless blade monster.
William tell fetus snake monster

I do like the Jackalope, so at least it ends on a not low note.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I want that jackalope.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Personal work:

Bills gotta get paid:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that jackalope rules.

It's pretty clear that designer has talent and some interesting ideas. It's sad to see it wasted on titty miniatures for weirdos.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SynthOrange posted:

Personal work:

Bills gotta get paid:

To be fair that mini isn't super sexualized or anything, the detail's amazing, and it looks like it would be a loving nightmare to paint.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

SRM posted:

a loving nightmare to paint.

Raging Heroes Kickstarter 2 in a nutshell. Well, that and "my penis is scared"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SRM posted:

To be fair that mini isn't super sexualized or anything, the detail's amazing, and it looks like it would be a loving nightmare to paint.

Sure, it's just one I could post here and doesnt have nipple rings and armknives. :v:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

momma always told me I'd meet girls like you

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

SynthOrange posted:

Sure, it's just one I could post here and doesnt have nipple rings and armknives. :v:

Or instead of any of the terrible ones, you could post the adorable otters

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yup. They've got pretty great personal work, I dont begrudge the stuff that pays for the time that he uses for his own art. I can still laugh at it though!

This one's pretty great though.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I think it's p. obvious that it's the raging heroes peeps that are asking for MOAR detail. Those titty elves would not be worse if they were 50% less spiky and whatever.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

JcDent posted:

Raging Heroes Kickstarter 2 in a nutshell. Well, that and "my penis is scared"

I love spikes, chains, and body piercings, but Five Arm Sally here is just silly.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Who doesn't? However, I don't we needed "make Kerrigan sexy(er), increase spikes 200%"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It looks like it would break so easily.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I like the big Angel one too. While its got that egregious boob plate and huge tits, at least it's fully armored apart from that. And in this thread, that's a good start :v:

No bared midriff, no weird garter greaves.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
This is a cool model, and would make a great 40K Inquisitor.

Also, the mace lady is pretty cool too.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Inquisitor Margret Thatcher is amazing. Some of her real life quotes work so well with this:

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."

"If you want to cut your own throat, don't come to me for a bandage."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Inquisitor Margret Thatcher is amazing. Some of her real life quotes work so well with this:

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."

"If you want to cut your own throat, don't come to me for a bandage."

That looks more Martha Stewart or Helen Mirren.
Were it Thatcher shed have a power-nose.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Just gonna drybrush all them greebles

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That looks more Martha Stewart or Helen Mirren.
Were it Thatcher shed have a power-nose.

It has all of her infernal authority and insidious presence I can't see anything else.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The world needs more mini wargames that utilize otters.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

Yeah it's an otter shame. :v:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Watership Down wargame (ages 8-12) would only work if you got a hammer to smash every opposing model you killed. Wouldn't feel brutal enough otherwise.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Nuns with Guns posted:

On the one hand, there is something about a Redwall mini game that would appeal to me. On the other hand there is a zero percent chance the furries wouldnt ruin it for everyone.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

SiKboy posted:

On the one hand, there is something about a Redwall mini game that would appeal to me. On the other hand there is a zero percent chance the furries wouldnt ruin it for everyone.

Wow this would be amazing. I doubt it would be ruined more than nazis and slaanesh creepers ruined 40k right?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Probably about the same honestly.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kaza42 posted:

Wow this would be amazing. I doubt it would be ruined more than nazis and slaanesh creepers ruined 40k right?

Man, I just made myself a little sad there isnt a Redwall skirmish game.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

goatface posted:

The Watership Down wargame (ages 8-12) would only work if you got a hammer to smash every opposing model you killed. Wouldn't feel brutal enough otherwise.

That's so horrifying and true. remember seeing that as a kid. No kid should watch that movie. O.O

SiKboy posted:

Man, I just made myself a little sad there isn't a Redwall skirmish game.

One of the factions in a diceless skirmish-level miniatures game I'm designing is mouse-people. I need to work on that some more.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
e: Wrong thread, I'm a bad

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

This is a cool model, and would make a great 40K Inquisitor.

Also, the mace lady is pretty cool too.

I was trying to think of why this seemed much better than today when I realized that I'd uploaded the digital render, rather than the production model.

Spot the difference.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:laffo: amazing.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Foxy grandma!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

SiKboy posted:

It was swiftly ruined for me because furries were immediately connected to the idea. Urrgh.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

SiKboy posted:

Special action: purge 3d6 unclean mongrel cur from the board using the righteousness of your martial purity. Also cakes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SynthOrange posted:

I was trying to think of why this seemed much better than today when I realized that I'd uploaded the digital render, rather than the production model.

Spot the difference.

The difference is titties.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Foolster41 posted:

One of the factions in a diceless skirmish-level miniatures game I'm designing is mouse-people. I need to work on that some more.

Combat and movement take 3 minutes. Descriptions of food phase lasts 30 minutes per turn.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Mek Boss Robitz

Roboyz

Grot-Bots

Current Army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Modrons!