Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Ugh do I have to do the story 3 times to unlock the dumb peak on all my characters? Brutal. Assy.

You had to do the dreadnaught 3x too though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Grind them keys, boys:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/53p3uv/spoilerhow_to_farm_splicer_keys_drops_seem_to_be/

Haven't even loaded up the game yet so I have no idea if getting a ton of keys is worth anything, but there you have it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xzzy posted:

Grind them keys, boys:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/53p3uv/spoilerhow_to_farm_splicer_keys_drops_seem_to_be/

Haven't even loaded up the game yet so I have no idea if getting a ton of keys is worth anything, but there you have it.

This is going to be hot fixed before I get home I just know it

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

el B posted:

The curse of the gainfully employed.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

el B posted:

Worse: It won't be until you finish the story and get patrol open.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

el B posted:

It took them a month to fix the cave and about 4 days to fix 3oCs you'll be fine.

Also new monarchy auto rifle looks fun.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
A gif to rival the sidearm gif:

http://i.imgur.com/yrqRdqs.gifv

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

BattleTech posted:

Mmm not quite.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BattleTech posted:

Nah, your problem was just trying to use the gun too far away. You were actually hypothetically mostly on target though. :v:

ils
Jan 22, 2001
The Dead Orbit vendor has a pretty solid PVE scout rifle again. I don't know that it necessarily beats Hung Jury overall, but it's definitely not bad.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don't bother sword climbing around the final boss arena on patrol

Nothing up or around there

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Here's your fragment guide

http://destinysivaclusters.com/

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

11 hours after release and we're bitching about the lack of content :hellyeah:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The DLC could be the size of GTAV and people would still complain.

That's just what you do.. you play Destiny and then go complain about it.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

That splicer key farm doesn't work very well right now because everyone is doing it. Loaded in 10 times and every time there's either no enemies there or I get there just as someone else gets the kill and makes off with the key.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

My weekly heroic radiant treasure unlocked Moonglow :hellyeah:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The drop off at 350 is severe. Gonna run strikes and poo poo with my 350 zhalo and see what happens

This seems to be the way to go, at least past 350. Blue engrams decrypt at 340 max, but you get 2 already decrypted blues at the end of heroic strikes that will come in a couple points higher than your current light. The other best way for getting stuff past 350 is rank up packages.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm just glad the new patrol let's me fuckin sparrow

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hiddenriverninja posted:

My weekly heroic radiant treasure unlocked Moonglow :hellyeah:

whats this?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Awesome! posted:

whats this?

Black and Gold ornament for Hawkmoon. Sexy as hell.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whats the weekly heroic thing? like the old "?????" reward but maybe not a shell now?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

actually im thinking of the nightfall reward but still...

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Awesome! posted:

whats the weekly heroic thing? like the old "?????" reward but maybe not a shell now?

Once a week you can get a free premium box from the heroic strike playlist. It's not like the ????? one because it says it right there under rewards.

ils
Jan 22, 2001

Funkmaster General posted:

That splicer key farm doesn't work very well right now because everyone is doing it. Loaded in 10 times and every time there's either no enemies there or I get there just as someone else gets the kill and makes off with the key.

I'm pretty sure you can just set your PS4 system date a few days in the past and always spawn into your own instance of the patrol... unless they fixed that.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I havent had a problem needing keys. Typically have 2 to 3 just from toolin around and if I need one i will typically find one quick. With that being said i fuckin soloed that siva tank in site 6 to start the gjally quest and fell down the pit before scanning the anomaly. Had to go to orbit.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

ils posted:

I'm pretty sure you can just set your PS4 system date a few days in the past and always spawn into your own instance of the patrol... unless they fixed that.

that owns if it works.

ils
Jan 22, 2001

poor life choice posted:

that owns if it works.

I just tested and it definitely still works. 5/5 spawns into my own pristine instance of the patrol.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Lol

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Im getting completely murdered on these new strikes. Im so bad at this game

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
New strikes are 350, yeah? What's the raid going to be?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Buy 350 Primary, infuse Zhalo to 350, Profit

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Today is pretty bittersweet. Awesome that RoI has dropped but also crazy bummed about brangelina.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well that's odd, get home, fire up game, no new unlocks and vendors have old 280 gear. Get confused, waste time confirming I pre-ordered, and after about five minutes of sitting in orbit get the big RoI banner and everything unlocks.

:iiam:

Guess if you don't buy RoI you ain't getting anything new at all.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
So I only played destinys base game. I kinda feel like getting into it again.

I'm also feeling a little poor this month and I note that the taken king plus the first 2 DLCs are only £15 all in.

So my question then is - Does this new expansion add a lot of stuff that would impact my run through expack 1 and 2 and Taken King, or can I happily just grab ROI at the end of them?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
The fact that two of the three strikes are literally just strikes from Year 1 with hilariously minimal changes really grinds my gears.

That plus recycled armor models in all the vendors. At least we get new weapon models, I guess.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ShineDog posted:

So I only played destinys base game. I kinda feel like getting into it again.

I'm also feeling a little poor this month and I note that the taken king plus the first 2 DLCs are only £15 all in.

So my question then is - Does this new expansion add a lot of stuff that would impact my run through expack 1 and 2 and Taken King, or can I happily just grab ROI at the end of them?

Wait till you're not poor and buy the Collection or both TTK and RoI (I'm not sure how it works to buy it piecemeal). Taken King is a single-player game at this point. It'd be like buying Halo 4 to save a few bucks off of Halo 5.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
PvP in the raid, the Morgan Freeman guy said the guardians were purported against each other

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

PvP in the raid, the Morgan Freeman guy said the guardians were purported against each other

I feel like will be a lot like the final mission redux.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

is the game good again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

is the game good again?

Same firerate

• Locked thread