Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Okay I'm really okay now with the SAS shotgun and Frost has a really good shotgun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Ularg posted:

Okay I'm really okay now with the SAS shotgun and Frost has a really good shotgun too.

Yeah, I'm starting to like the SAS shotgun too, now. I don't use it on larger maps like Bartlett or Border, but I love it on tight maps like House and Plane. I've mostly been using it on Sledge (and whenever I occasionally use Smoke) and it's been great - just need to remember to treat the MAC11 as the primary weapon when navigating down halls, etc. and only swap to the shotgun when entering smallish rooms, and approaching doors.
One-hit DBNO heavies like Rook and Doc too, so it's not bad! Presents a lot of opportunities where you can use Sledge's hammer on downed opponents too, which is always good for a laugh :D

EDIT: I don't think I'll ever stop using Frost's C1 Sterling (w/ extend-a-barrel) though, as it's just too good

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 16, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Major Isoor posted:

EDIT: I don't think I'll ever stop using Frost's C1 Sterling (w/ extend-a-barrel) though, as it's just too good

Yeah Frost has a great shotgun but her SMG is my favorite gun in the game. The relatively low rate of fire and slightly longer magazine means you can suppress people for days and it's really easy to control.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I got 4 hipfire headshots with Blitz in one game. 3 of them was in one round. :allears:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
5 hours later I accomplished the one kill we set out to do all night.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedProtectivePlumageAMPEnergyCherry

I'm sorry.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Thanks to having to fight goons for kills I'm starting to finally get better at this game.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

5 hours later I accomplished the one kill we set out to do all night.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedProtectivePlumageAMPEnergyCherry

I'm sorry.

Request for a compilation of all failed attempts tyia.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-298803-16/operation-blood-orchid-new-map-theme-park

e: US try this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__moWyBwUKs

2spooky?

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 16, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Why are the bad guys trying to blow up an abandoned theme park.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Hard posted:

2spooky?

:iia:

that's rad and tbh looks better than i was expecting though that may be because i was kinda underwhelmed by the most recent coastline map. it felt like the the focus was so much on the gameplay around the squared hallway architecture that it suffered aesthetically. it's fun and thats what really matters but it doesn't feel nearly as atmospheric or inspired as everything else that's been out out so far. like i don't think its a terrible map or whatever but it could have been so much better.

fwiw skyscraper and favela are my favorites of the seasonal maps so far. haters gonna hate but other than the top floor packaging room and lower FPS its always enjoyable imo

edit: lol well putting that ancient japanese building on a skyscraper was so unnecessary. it came off like false advertising to some nerds but i actually forget about that poo poo within seconds of leaving the helipad/air conditioning spawns.

Thief fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 16, 2017

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hard posted:

Request for a compilation of all failed attempts tyia.

Would you believe me if I told you that I was already working on that?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Why are the bad guys trying to blow up an abandoned theme park.

Why are the bad guys trying to blow up crates in de_dust?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

afkmacro posted:

Why are the bad guys trying to blow up crates in de_dust?

I've been thinking the same thing for 20 years.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
You guys are looking at this from the wrong angle.

IceOrb posted:

Would you believe me if I told you that I was already working on that?

Actually.. yeah.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

given the precise dimensions of the containers, intel suggests that The 1337 Connection couldn't risk op4 getting their hands on those stashed y2k alienwares

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hard, would you hate me if I PM you with a bug I found? Only reason I don't want to make it public is because I think it's exploitable.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Ularg posted:

Hard, would you hate me if I PM you with a bug I found? Only reason I don't want to make it public is because I think it's exploitable.

People are doing this often so by all means.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

if it is related to doc's 💉 then pm me as well, thanks

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Gonna try to see if I can replicate it more and record it, then I'll send it privately to you. (I'm using lone wolf terrorist hunt)

Edit: Couldn't replicate it, but sent a message with a screenshot when I first caused it.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 16, 2017

tjones
May 13, 2005
Send this one too. It seems like this and the other hatch drop bug where you constantly rubber band and drop over and over happens all the time now. This one glitch in particular is reproducible by dancing over the hole but not dropping. Thanks.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT39DoyXgD2xvx0XDO/source.mp4

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea rubberbanding through spaces gets rough. I still get my drone completely rubberbanded out of those drone-only entrances on maps all the loving time even at 40-60ms ping.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Coastline's kitchen drone hole is the absolute worst for rubberbanding, even under the best of circumstances you really have to thread the needle to make sure you don't warp backwards 5 or 6 times.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Hey Hard, I just had the best idea for a defender. If this defender gets knocked down but is not killed let them crawl around with a pistol. Could be rook's or doc's BFF.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

hold up... the devs finally fixed this game breaking issue and made blackbeards universal bacon charm available to everyone...?

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Hey Hard, I just had the best idea for a defender. If this defender gets knocked down but is not killed let them crawl around with a pistol. Could be rook's or doc's BFF.

Not going far enough. Make it so he always goes DBNO no matter what the first time he goes down. And instead of a pistol he gets a shotgun secondary. And when you finish him off after he's down he drops a live frag.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Bilal posted:

Not going far enough. Make it so he always goes DBNO no matter what the first time he goes down. And instead of a pistol he gets a shotgun secondary. And when you finish him off after he's down he drops a live frag.

Also increase his downed crawl speed to match the regular sprint speed.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Ju-On: The Grudge Japanese Operator. When they are downed they manifest into a dark cloud that can move quickly and travel through drone holes to teammates for the revive.

Ringu attack Operator. If any defense ops switch to security cams and Samsara can see the flashing red cam, she can then leap through the camera and play them the VHS tape.

This kills them after they've completed 7 entire games.

For real though the disappointing thing about this game being someone who jumped in this year and don't have any plans to buy R6 bucks: I would easily pay a little for a good PvE Halloween expansion. Some of the maps are big enough for multiple rounds of defense working from basement to top floor, and just take the guns from the enemies and throw in some monster closets. Terrorist hunt is boring. Make some monster charms and we in business, baby

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Some tweetin going on.

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/897902344955846657

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/898209095106404353

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

This is amazing :allears:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Can Op4 actually ride the ride?! This makes it the best map in the game

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The important question is whether Tachanka can deploy his machine gun on it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Malcolm Excellent posted:

There will be no fairground rides that you can interact with, the map will just be in a normal building i guarantee it. The reason is because this game can't handle static terrain without clipping you through the map so there's no chance of moving platforms.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:vince:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

CJ posted:

There will be no fairground rides that you can interact with, the map will just be in a normal building i guarantee it. The reason is because this game can't handle static terrain without clipping you through the map so there's no chance of moving platforms.

I want there to at least be a carnival game where you shoot the targets. And since you're using an actual gun instead of a BB/Water gun you just blow the targets up. Then blow the stuffed bears up.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Gonna have to ask one of my buddies to main Ela.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/3tvqm

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

Gonna have to ask one of my buddies to main Ela.

lol i'll play her even if her ability sucks

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Combining this weeks SAS and Shotgun challenge is a pretty good joke from ubi. Doing these two at the same time is incredible tedious, as the SAS shotgun is unable to kill with its low, low damage.
You just run in round after round in the hope of getting a single kill with it but most of the time you don't get poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V83U7CLsS3g

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Wooper posted:

Combining this weeks SAS and Shotgun challenge is a pretty good joke from ubi. Doing these two at the same time is incredible tedious, as the SAS shotgun is unable to kill with its low, low damage.
You just run in round after round in the hope of getting a single kill with it but most of the time you don't get poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V83U7CLsS3g

I got an ace with the SAS shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kartoffeldonner
Jan 30, 2016
I too have an SAS shotgun video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdEEurhyMa8

• Locked thread