Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

candy for breakfast posted:

can't say i have the best news for you..

ev = estradiol valerate, ec = estradiol cypionate.

ev is the most common; if you're doing an ev shot every other week...that second 7 days is gonna be super rough:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Estradiol_levels_after_a_single_5_mg_intramuscular_injection_of_estradiol_esters.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacokinetics_of_estradiol#Intramuscular_injection

somewhere i've read that sub-q is about the same. either way, 14 days between is nuts.

my doctor prescribed mine every 2 weeks too, and my levels have been pretty good. i'll trust 'em over wiki, but thanks since it sounds like it's something to ask about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space
good deal. there's still endos/docs around that don't know about more recent developments in trans hormone therapy

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

the lack of well known research and studies in this field really sucks yeah. my doctor specializes in this stuff but that doesn't really help.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i would never trust a doctor.

which made the pandemic difficult

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

lmao

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hey this thread's been dead for awhile but i'll ask my question

im bi but i've never mentioned it to anyone, and it's got me wondering what coming out would even look like. it's not like i'm hiding a super different personality or have a boyfriend or anything, i've just been consider it might do me some good to be a little more open about it than nothing at all. thing is, it's not like this is a subject anyone i socialize with really discusses, so is there even a point if after doing so i hope/expect that nothing changes?

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

carry on then posted:

hey this thread's been dead for awhile but i'll ask my question

im bi but i've never mentioned it to anyone, and it's got me wondering what coming out would even look like. it's not like i'm hiding a super different personality or have a boyfriend or anything, i've just been consider it might do me some good to be a little more open about it than nothing at all. thing is, it's not like this is a subject anyone i socialize with really discusses, so is there even a point if after doing so i hope/expect that nothing changes?

For me, coming out as bi was an important part of my self-acceptance, and it was surprising to hear the range of responses from people. I would say most of my friends didn't care, but a surprising number were either closeted, or questioning, or out but didn't bring it up. That part was fun. I got to have a lot of good conversations and got to know some friends in different ways thanks to that. Also, it created a bit of a safe space for the closeted/questioning friends, which selfishly also helped with my self-acceptance.

Similarly, I was (and am still) married at the time, so I had similar "doesn't change much" sentiment, but it was very worthwhile for me. I'm not sure if I'd see myself the same way had I not come out years ago, even coming out casually to accepting friends.

I only came out explicitly to a group of people I was close with, and to the rest I just brought it up if the topic came up, like for conversations about equal rights and such. My work also has good interest groups that were more enjoyable for me to participate in being out publicly.

Still, coming out is fun. If you're considering it and it's emotionally/physically safe to do so, I recommend it, even if it seems like it won't change much. You might be surprised how many people are in a similar boat, and it feels good to do with good friends.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Eh, if it comes up it comes up 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sometimes it's just as simple as not hesitating to agree "oh hell yeah that person tickles my fancy, my plain and everything in between" and just going from there

Also bracing for weird questions from the straights

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Sometimes it's just as simple as not hesitating to agree "oh hell yeah that person tickles my fancy, my plain and everything in between" and just going from there

Also bracing for weird questions from the straights

the way i came out, way back in middle school, was in the lunch line in the cafeteria. two girls i knew ahead of me were discussing Cute Bois and i just kinda jumped in and went "well i think [such and such] is a cute boi". the way i remember it (nearly 20 years ago at this point so who knows how it actually happened) a big chunk of the cafeteria around me just kinda went quiet and stared and was like "you're gay?!" and i'm just like "yep. what about it." and they just kinda went back to eating lunch

i mean i'm actually bi but like, it wasn't really a moment for nuance

e: weirdly nobody really gave me poo poo for it until i got to highschool, and even then the only poo poo i got for it was the occasional weird religious stuff. like once this girl i barely knew just walked right up to me and went "i heard you're gay", i said yes, she said "you know you're going to hell, right?", i said yep, and she said something like "ok well as long as you know its fine i guess" and walked away. very weird exchange.

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 9, 2022

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I didn’t need to come out as bi/pan, everyone already figured so my “coming out” was just adding it to my twitter bio lol

all my friends know I have a case of The Genders so that’s a thing too

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm a coward about going on hormones because I'm poor as gently caress and weird and already a target of discrimination. on the other hand I'm weird and poor as gently caress so nobody notices what I do anyway

wish I could say some happy story about how I discovered myself lmao

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Pretty decent way to say you don't care to declare your sexuality.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm a coward about going on hormones
it's scary, smoka. It's scarier now than it was when I started. It's understandable! It's not cowardly to be afraid of something massive and just life-upending and potentially putting a target on your rear end.

(That said I think cowardice gets a bad rap. I'd rather be a coward than like die in some dumb "hold my beer" situation)

That said, I highly recommend giving it a try.

endlessmonotony posted:

Pretty decent way to say you don't care to declare your sexuality.
then I'd have to pay an import tariff on it. No way I'm doing that. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel. A gently caress smuggler.

Ellie Crabcakes fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 9, 2022

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

it's scary, smoka. It's scarier now than it was when I started. It's understandable! It's not cowardly to be afraid of something massive and just life-upending and potentially putting a target on your rear end.

(That said I think cowardice gets a bad rap. I'd rather be a coward than like die in some dumb "hold my beer" situation)

"hold my beer" *grows tiddy*

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

yeah, but even if I do it, I'll still be a little goblin in big jeans and a big hoodie and I'll take poo poo for not being femme enough

there'll be no acceptance from anyone lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yeah, but even if I do it, I'll still be a little goblin in big jeans and a big hoodie and I'll take poo poo for not being femme enough

that describes like half the trans women i know and they don't get poo poo for it :shrug:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's a complicated thing, and if I spent as much time going for it as I spend laying in bed at night looking at the ceiling thinking about the pros and cons I'd be beautiful

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
as beautiful as a little poo poo can be anyway lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYcp1bUb4lU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

that describes like half the trans women i know and they don't get poo poo for it :shrug:
I haven't gotten much poo poo for it despite being futch as gently caress and when I have it's been from assholes I want nothing to do with anyway

SmokaDustbowl posted:

as beautiful as a little poo poo can be anyway lol
One little poo poo to another, you'd be surprised l. I sure as hell was.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

then I'd have to pay an import tariff on it. No way I'm doing that. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel. A gently caress smuggler.

Are you planning to sell, trade, or give any fucks on your journey, or are you trying to claim all of these are for personal use?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

Are you planning to sell, trade, or give any fucks on your journey, or are you trying to claim all of these are for personal use?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

she is a bespoke fucksmith, skilled in her craft

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Fine, not my job. Passing this along to alcohol, tobacco, and loving.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

Fine, not my job. Passing this along to alcohol, tobacco, and loving.
they'll never catch me nark

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

they'll never catch me nark

Kiryu learned how to drive???

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

yeah i guess i don't really want to make it a big thing, maybe it's more that i just want more opportunities to be (appropriately) open rather than never talking about myself to anyone ever

thanks for letting me ask my dumb question, thread

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

carry on then posted:

yeah i guess i don't really want to make it a big thing, maybe it's more that i just want more opportunities to be (appropriately) open rather than never talking about myself to anyone ever

when i came out as bi to my parents it was just me telling them during dinner and getting back to my life. no big party or something, a couple questions here and there but it was pretty subdued in a good way

but i'm also lucky and my parents aren't horrid bigots or something

handle
Jan 20, 2011

carry on then posted:

maybe it's more that i just want more opportunities to be (appropriately) open rather than never talking about myself to anyone ever
this seems good, it's why i came out as bi/pan when i did. i wasn't gonna date anybody for like another six years but it felt nice to be understood.

handle fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 9, 2022

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
i cant believe i didnt know about this thread

how goes it fellow gays

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Chillin', getting gay with it, y'know

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Tanners posted:

i cant believe i didnt know about this thread

how goes it fellow gays

living a horrible nightmare of uncertainty

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
a combination of the above

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

all of the above, including the combination one

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

it would be cool to have not just an lgbtqia+ thread but also a cgs (chat gay stuff) thread

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

alexandriao posted:

it would be cool to have not just an lgbtqia+ thread but also a cgs (chat gay stuff) thread

computer, gay stuff

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

cg(ender)s: no loving clue. fluidity is weird and nothing feels right except screaming "gently caress it!"

is screaming "gently caress it" a gender?

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

alexandriao posted:

every thread is the chat about gay stuff thread if you believe in yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

carry on then posted:

it's not revealing a bone cancer diagnosis.