Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I waited a bit before unboxing this golden age Superman figure, but I'm having lots of fun with him. I'm so happy I got this guy!

I was thinking the chain accessory would go straight into a ziploc bag to stash with all the other unwanted accessories, but I actually really like it. The links snap together and you can slip it down over his shoulders, and then if you lift his arms up a little the chains break. This is like an old school play feature and I love it. And it's based on one of the earliest pieces of Superman art, this little promo panel at the end of Action Comics #1:

There have been a thousand homages to that image in Superman comics. So as an accessory it's pretty well chosen, very iconic, and I think he looks cool displayed with it.

This is a great toy, and might currently be my favorite Superman that I have. Bravo to McFarlane on this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Found the new Pizza Club turtles, except Mikey this morning. Now I just need PC Mikey and the Last Ronin figs Target is putting up in Haulathon (Donnie and Mikey).

So far I've seen every Haulathon offering EXCEPT Kirby and Baxter.

I just really want that Kirby as he's something of an influence in me artistically. Hell, I even guested on a podcast to talk about him a few years back.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

The Last Call posted:

They did the main OG Camaro car, it was a bit too similar to the OG that the second batch had to be changed somewhat.

They are selling a transparent version of it on their site.

They are also selling another vehicle that not sure ever got made in the OG line.

It works for the Bridge Layer or the Wolverine. But as a tank it's too small.

Which one is the transparent one? Got a link?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Which one is the transparent one? Got a link?

Looks like it sold out or is not shown any longer.

Old listing:
https://roborobo.com.sg/shop/ramen-toys/ramen-toy-makina-exclusive-clear-limited-gullwing/

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That Superman fig looks great. Got my friend the blue boots one for Christmas.

McFarlane has made some god awful Superman figs, but there’s times like these that he knocks it out of the park.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/thefullforce/status/1778199459362684932?s=46

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

I said it.

I freaking said it.

And then I said it thrice more!

Wreckage is a TF redeco of FireFly.

Trying to remember if his OG figure ever came out or was never released. There was a picture of him I remember.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

goddamn

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Open Marriage Night posted:

That Superman fig looks great. Got my friend the blue boots one for Christmas.

McFarlane has made some god awful Superman figs, but there’s times like these that he knocks it out of the park.

Absolutely. I'm still waiting to find the "classic" Superman with the big smile, which also looks great. The Hush one was pretty good too but I passed on it. So have a lot of people, based on the stack of them at Target that hasn't moved in months. His face sculpt isn't bad but he looks kind of pale and bland. Maybe if he goes on sale I'll buy one and repaint the face.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
More pics, out!

Don't know what's going on with the mouth on the mask.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I love this dumb poo poo but I definitely can't afford it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

thiccabod posted:

I love this dumb poo poo but I definitely can't afford it

Bjorn is probably going to be around 70 bucks, that’s where most of the HH characters have been. But the Imperial Fist and Sons of Horus Contemptor Dreadnoughts are only 90 bucks! The Space Wolves one is a lot more ornate so it is gonna be more expensive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably don't use that acronym around Warhammer.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The Last Call posted:

I said it.

I freaking said it.

And then I said it thrice more!

Wreckage is a TF redeco of FireFly.

Trying to remember if his OG figure ever came out or was never released. There was a picture of him I remember.

Had to look it up because I’d never heard of him, but Sabretooth was the unreleased ARAH Firefly Tiger Force repaint and Wreckage was released in a 2003 TF box set as an homage to him, along with Jinx, Stalker, Dial Tone, and Brawler (of which we have or are getting three of the four).

This guy looks good though and I’m on board for him

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

It works for the Bridge Layer or the Wolverine. But as a tank it's too small.

Yeah, true. Maybe that small tank that was about the Wolverine's size, had four cannons? I forget its name.

Edit: The Armadillo.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 11, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/920415/g-i-joe-classified-series-137-tiger-force-wreckage-and-tiger-paw-atv

For us Canadians if you want it, there it is.

Go get.

It went up elsewhere very early in the morning and sold out before most people woke up.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 11, 2024

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

They've done three versions so far (classic MASK-style - they call it "MAKINA", classic with MASK-specific labels removed, and transparent). They have two more variants coming out later this year, including a Shattered Glass-inspired version.

The "Great White" is their version of the unreleased Shark vehicle from the MASK line and can still be preordered.

They've a few more things in the works, including their versions of the Piranha (6 inch scale for some reason), T-Bob, and the Manta.

I have the original MAKINA "Gullwing" vehicle and it's pretty great (though quite pricey for its size). The only really annoying bit is that it has detachable side mirrors that don't hold in very well (you can see that they're not actually attached to the example next to the Manta prototype above). A dab of superglue fixes it, though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/920415/g-i-joe-classified-series-137-tiger-force-wreckage-and-tiger-paw-atv

For us Canadians if you want it, there it is.

Go get.

It went up elsewhere very early in the morning and sold out before most people woke up.

Indeed, an acquaintance was saying he got the email notice as a Premium member at 9:20 when it went live at 9.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Indeed, an acquaintance was saying he got the email notice as a Premium member at 9:20 when it went live at 9.

I never got an email. Some people get them, some don't. Some get certain emails and not others. No one knows why. The site is wacky.

People are saying the Tiger Paw hasn't gone up on Target in the US or Toys r us in Canada yet. Might be today, some are saying tomorrow.

Tis a mystery.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I got an email at 6:09 my time, but I don’t go on break until 6:30 and it was already sold out on Pulse by then. Just weird that there was no announcement or notice of this prior to some leaked images and it going live, not even a digital render and date/time of the PO going live like with the TF two-pack

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Pulse had almost 2000 of them according to the folks who keep track of the numbers.

Some people ordered as many as they could get.

One guy got five somehow. Another three. Repeat and you get sell outs quick.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'll pass on that recolor of firefly. Deffo had the OG tiger force atv as a kid, but that figure honks lmao

No shade if wreckage was your fave. I'm just not a fan of this release.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://www.target.com/p/-/A-89970332

If you do want it, there you go.

Get while the getting is good.

Live and in stock.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 11, 2024

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

BBTS put up preorders for some Marvel Legends restocks, retro Kingpin and Scarlet Spider. I'm still glad I got the white suit BAF Kingpin, I like it way better... but if you need a Kingpin, $41 is sure not bad compared to what it's been on eBay.

They also have "daily deals" today on retro card Scarlet Witch ($14.99) and Hercules ($16.24), both figures that were on my "probably buy it someday" list, so it seems today is the day.

Edit: Hoping retro Symbiote Spider-Man is next on the reissue list, because to me that's the biggest gap in my ML collection, and prices have been unreasonable for a long time. I actually have an open preorder for him on BBTS already, which has shown an expected arrival date of (whatever the current month is) for over two years now. I ordered that guy April 7th 2022. Every time I review my open orders on BBTS he's there taunting me. I've been wondering if they would put out a new Symbiote Spidey before that sad old preorder gets filled. Well, they did in fact put out the cell-shaded one, but I don't want that one.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 11, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

No shade if wreckage was your fave. I'm just not a fan of this release.

I get Wreckage I think uses Firefly as the base but he even looks like a weird Cobra character.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Speaking of Scarlet Spider, saw a whole peg of them today at target. Grabbed him and leather jacket Spidey.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

A few things just dropped into my Pile of Loot, which made me realize I have 10 things in there no, with the potential to get 3 more before I'm forced to ship. This is the biggest it's ever been for me and I'm afraid of the box that is going to come.

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Edit: Hoping retro Symbiote Spider-Man is next on the reissue list, because to me that's the biggest gap in my ML collection, and prices have been unreasonable for a long time. I actually have an open preorder for him on BBTS already, which has shown an expected arrival date of (whatever the current month is) for over two years now. I ordered that guy April 7th 2022. Every time I review my open orders on BBTS he's there taunting me. I've been wondering if they would put out a new Symbiote Spidey before that sad old preorder gets filled. Well, they did in fact put out the cell-shaded one, but I don't want that one.

I've got an unopened extra, yours for retail.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

chappey posted:

I've got an unopened extra, yours for retail.

If you're talking $25 shipped, we have a deal! Got PM's?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hyperion is now in stock at BBTS

that's this guy, and I'm super excited for it to arrive, it's my favorite archetype of armored suit: guy in armored suit with even bigger arms attached to the suit

I've got the pretool of it, Vulkan, and it's already become my favorite action figure ever, so one that has hands instead of claw-drill things will undoubtedly be even better than that

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Hyperion is now in stock at BBTS

that's this guy, and I'm super excited for it to arrive, it's my favorite archetype of armored suit: guy in armored suit with even bigger arms attached to the suit

I've got the pretool of it, Vulkan, and it's already become my favorite action figure ever, so one that has hands instead of claw-drill things will undoubtedly be even better than that

Yeah, I'm going to have to get this guy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
assuming it is the same build quality as every other Astrobot, you absolutely will not regret it. I only dislike one of the astrobots(Athenia) and the rest are among my favorite desk toys ever

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I've come really close to buying the Apollo figure a few times but what always kept me from pulling the trigger was his weird leg proportions. Hyperion looks fantastic though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I get that Apollo is kinda weird-looking, but I always looked at him as kind of a gorilla or ape robot analogue and that made things click better. it's a genuinely fantastic toy even with its weird proportions, and can hold basically anything you want with incredible stability:

the most impressive thing I got him to hold unsupported is this oversized Predaking combiner sword that is like a foot and a half long and weighs almost a pound:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I finally gave up on my Mezco plug ever coming through. He was active military and always a bit uncommunicative but he’d come through, but last year shut down his website and deleted his Facebook with which he was posting in the Mezco groups, without ever saying anything or posting that he was doing so. The scant times anybody got a hold of him he’d say he would fulfill all outstanding orders but wasn’t taking new ones, and he did get my Ghost Rider and Leatherface and some others got their Morbius’ and JL sets.

But he hasn’t responded in over a month and the Facebook page for his store is now gone too (it was up yesterday morning) so I’m guessing he took the everybody’s money and ran. I had six outstanding orders with him, all of which have been released at this point and four of which were fully paid off, so this is an expensive lesson about prepaying for toys and trusting people.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1778773324220219675?s=46

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone need an AY Catwoman? I hosed up and got an extra.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

thought that was the same guy as the fellhanded dreadnought but that’s bjorn

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cry Havoc posted:

thought that was the same guy as the fellhanded dreadnought but that’s bjorn

That model was super obviously supposed to be Bjorn the Fell-Handed but for some reason they decided that no it’s some guy named Geigor Fell-Hand. Totally different guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Scored the NECA Ultimate Turtles minus Michelangelo (ugh) and Usagi.