Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Figures Robot would be one of these poly "jealousy is irrational" types, he's already a cult leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Falling in love with Lou(p) wasn’t part of the plan!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'd like to think this entire chapter was just a set up for this very good page

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Okay this chapter was garbage but that got a chuckle out of me.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Eh, I'm happy enough with this. :shrug:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

This is a good page in terms of structure but in context I'm really not loving the direction this is taking with Naive Teenage Robot Girl Who Is Too Forward (And Also Jealous).

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Okay last page made it up for me.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Last page has a good joke, but it sure didn’t make up for that chapter.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Joe Slowboat posted:

This is a good page in terms of structure but in context I'm really not loving the direction this is taking with Naive Teenage Robot Girl Who Is Too Forward (And Also Jealous).

It's much funnier if they're both Loup and he forgot he made her, but my faith is low at this point.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

worm girl posted:

It's much funnier if they're both Loup and he forgot he made her, but my faith is low at this point.

Okay that would be hilarious

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Even if Monday's comic explicitly confirms both that Lana is goosewife AND that Annie knew the whole time and was playing him like a fiddle, is the comic really even salvageable at this point?

Like, having those twists recontextualize this chapter wouldn't make how it was written any better.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

PubicMice posted:

Even if Monday's comic explicitly confirms both that Lana is goosewife AND that Annie knew the whole time and was playing him like a fiddle, is the comic really even salvageable at this point?

Like, having those twists recontextualize this chapter wouldn't make how it was written any better.

No, no it wouldn't. We'd still have the assault and the pov with how it was effecting the male bystander.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
The worst sin is still that a chapter with a shapeshifting god amalgamation deceiving the main character, the ultimate reveal of one of the comics closest secrets, a main character climbing ever closer to ascending to godhood and another character in clear peril regardless of the cause was...

well, it was incredibly loving boring! How do you take all those ingredients and end up with a chapter where it feels like nothing loving happened. Its most impressive

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GlyphGryph posted:

The worst sin is still that a chapter with a shapeshifting god amalgamation deceiving the main character, the ultimate reveal of one of the comics closest secrets, a main character climbing ever closer to ascending to godhood and another character in clear peril regardless of the cause was...

well, it was incredibly loving boring! How do you take all those ingredients and end up with a chapter where it feels like nothing loving happened. Its most impressive

It's kind of like recording an incredibly exciting moment on your phone, but then when you play it back you realize you had the selfie camera on and pointed up your nostril the entire time.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

There Bias Two posted:

It's kind of like recording an incredibly exciting moment on your phone, but then when you play it back you realize you had the selfie camera on and pointed up your nostril the entire time.

Or it's mostly just the back of some dude's head standing in the way.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Can't wait for the chapter title to drop on Friday, "Annie Was Lying Actually" and it's just the whole chapter played back from Annie's perspective instead with her going "haha loup has no idea I'm deceiving him"

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

GlyphGryph posted:

I mean...

I wouldn't use "boring" to describe the early pages of the chapter!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I love that this end page did a better job of delivering the message "robo people are being released unprepared for the real world, and are receiving actively bad guidance from those they listen to" better than the chapter itself did

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
I think people are reading too much into the joke page. It's just a funny callback to this.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
drat thats a good looking ranni

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
We finally know the reason why writing in this chapter sucked so much. :v:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
C’mon Kat, with 400 IQ you should know better than to mash buttons in From games :goonsay:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I do like playing Elden Ring, but to be honest, it's not particularly beautiful by today's outrageous standards. Annie needs to play Forbidden West instead.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I love seeing these two interact. No more new characters, please, focus on the existing ones!

Seriously, I don't really care about the mercurial robot girl or angry security lady, and clearly I'm meant to.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

worm girl posted:

I think people are reading too much into the joke page. It's just a funny callback to this.

I actually have wondered if Lana is going to be revealed as Boxbot. It'd be funny, but I figured before Tom stopped referencing Boxbot because he was sick of people repeating the same joke at him and would prefer people forget about them.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I do like playing Elden Ring, but to be honest, it's not particularly beautiful by today's outrageous standards. Annie needs to play Forbidden West instead.

She should play Ratchet & Clank imo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Annie’s going to feel some kind of way when she reaches Blaidd

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Nuns with Guns posted:

I actually have wondered if Lana is going to be revealed as Boxbot. It'd be funny, but I figured before Tom stopped referencing Boxbot because he was sick of people repeating the same joke at him and would prefer people forget about them.

Hasn't he mentioned that Boxbot is some sort of manifestation of his own self-loathing/aspects of himself that he doesn't like? I think he mentioned suicidal ideation some years ago, presumably he's handling his depression better now. So we don't see Boxbot anymore.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

:mods:

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Macaluso posted:

She should play Ratchet & Clank imo

Everyone should.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Agreed, you can say the graphics aren't as hyper-detailed as some games, but the visual design in Elden Ring is top notch.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

LashLightning posted:

Hasn't he mentioned that Boxbot is some sort of manifestation of his own self-loathing/aspects of himself that he doesn't like? I think he mentioned suicidal ideation some years ago, presumably he's handling his depression better now. So we don't see Boxbot anymore.

I don't know, it feels a bit extreme to map Boxbot to suicidal self-loathing and that's why it doesn't show up. Like wouldn't that conversely mean Robox should show up more? They're gag characters first and foremost, and even if Tom isn't tired of them the simpler explanation would be that the comic hasn't had as many jokey asides like that in recent years.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All fictional characters are manifestations of some part of their author. I think that we should avoid psychoanalyzing in this thread.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Annie was the manifestation of Tom's desire for a charbroiled hamburger (made with fire, see the connection?) and the split of the two Annies was his desire for a double cheeseburger. Kat is his desire for chocolate (Kit Kats). Similarly with Ysengrin (a Shirley Temple, made with grenadine. YsenGRIN = Grin = Grenadine), Renard (also his desire for grenadine. Reynardine = Grenadine), and Coyote (Coyote).

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Loup is his desire to pour all the different sodas into one cup.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Splicer posted:

Loup is his desire to pour all the different sodas into one cup.

Two gods, one cup

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Two gods, one pup

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

Two gods, one pup

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

There Bias Two posted:

Two gods, one pup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
its true, bleed is loving OP

i wish the webcomic would get back to the zany misadventures of best friends annie and kat