Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

Morning everyone. It’s only getting to 65 today. Winter is definitely upon us. I even saw a cloud yesterday

(Seriously yobbers in cold places please put on some socks or something)

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

FluffieDuckie posted:

Morning everyone. It’s only getting to 65 today. Winter is definitely upon us. I even saw a cloud yesterday

Pffft, this girl, with her highs in the 60s! Was in the low 70s and will be all next week! Still have lows in the lower 40s, but, eh, sorry when I inevitably complain all summer about highs in the 110's or more. Not looking forward to that. I'm pretty happy with the weather right now.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Let me serious post about...the cat.

I know that the expression on the older cat's face looks like a "frown", like she is somehow disapproving or jealous of the attention given to the kitten.
That is our anthropic reading of it. In reality, that is probably just her facial expression, and she is probably a dutiful mother cat who is happily watching her baby play.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
It is currently 36C in Santiago, which is about 97F, which is a very hot temperature for Santiago.
In its history, Santiago has never had a temperature lower than 20F, or higher than 100F, so its pretty even. Summers are nice...dry, hot weather that cools off at night. Weather wise, Santiago is one of the nicest places in the world to live, I think.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
Let me pause for a bit of a "serious post"

I joined this thread, almost by coincidence, at the beginning of the year (actually the end of the last one), because I was feeling depressed and angry and I needed some chill.

Here is the thing about chill: I enjoy chilling. I like being nice, and talking about things like pets, comic book movies, and recipes. You know? And I can put aside my differences with people, out here in "the real world", to support the things I think are positive, and fun. But, I came to realize, this "chillness" had to exist in certain parameters. I could enjoy chill activities with people as long as I was biting my tongue and not disputing their sometimes non-chill thoughts and opinions. And I realized I didn't like that anymore.

So here is what I realized in my last four weeks on BYOB: Chill is a Choice. I can enjoy a happy, fun, simple and stupid way of looking at the world, but that is something I do because I want to. Chill is not a prison. I am allowed to be chill, and also allowed to not be chill, when being chill is not the way to go.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

glowing-fish posted:

I joined this thread, almost by coincidence, at the beginning of the year (actually the end of the last one), because I was feeling depressed and angry and I needed some chill.

Here is the thing about chill: I enjoy chilling. I like being nice, and talking about things like pets, comic book movies, and recipes. You know? And I can put aside my differences with people, out here in "the real world", to support the things I think are positive, and fun. But, I came to realize, this "chillness" had to exist in certain parameters. I could enjoy chill activities with people as long as I was biting my tongue and not disputing their sometimes non-chill thoughts and opinions. And I realized I didn't like that anymore.

So here is what I realized in my last four weeks on BYOB: Chill is a Choice. I can enjoy a happy, fun, simple and stupid way of looking at the world, but that is something I do because I want to. Chill is not a prison. I am allowed to be chill, and also allowed to not be chill, when being chill is not the way to go.

preach

FluffieDuckie

glowing-fish posted:

:love: another byob success story

also thanks for the new sub title

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

Well said

Many people in this very forum engage in an un chill politic here and there for example, but we do it outside of byob. There is a time and a place to chill and byob is the place and the time is whenever works for you

vanisher

alnilam posted:

Well said

alnilam

FluffieDuckie posted:

also thanks for the new sub title

:eyepop: nice

ty manifisto

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mummy Napkin
chill is a right as well as a privilege

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
𝅘𝅥𝅯 𝅘𝅥𝅮 𝅘𝅥𝅯 I found my chill; on BYOB Hill 𝅘𝅥𝅯 𝅘𝅥𝅮 𝅘𝅥𝅯

Goons Are Gifts

That's the spirit my friend, if you ever are not chill, you can choose to be chill.

It's okay to be unchill or sad or even angry and you can do that as long as you need to, but chill happiness after all pays out really well and is very worth the effort.

Also update on my saturday: it's very happy and also insanely productive. I tried to cook but ended up having a really good but not really special salad, so I started to work and worked like mad and also organized myself all day long, I even managed to do a full data backup of everything I ever had in any software and also do a full rework of my passwords and security setup for all devices and accounts, because that was well overdue.

What a chill and happy Saturday this is! I can't wait what else it has to offer.

Bchill ychill ochill bchill, that's what byob stands for after all. :byob:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I was super crying earlier

And then I came to byob

And now I'm not crying

Because I decided that the crying did not spark joy

So I thanked my sadness and threw it out

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My house is a shrine to the Shinto principle of sparking chill

If something does not spark chill I mostly ignore it and then eventually go hey I guess thanks and then throw it out

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is why my house is excessively filled with dogs, sweaters, weed and we'd accessories, and uhh think there's some tortillas and mustard in the fridge

Goons Are Gifts

Crying has a place in your heart, too. But it's so much better to be happy in the longterm, so cry until you are done, come to byob, be happy with us together and due to your sadness, your happiness will feel much more happy, too!

Byob is the loveliest place on the internet really

Goons Are Gifts

Also hi hamjobs! We haven't seen each other for a while because I was not posting for ages again, which was a bad mistake.

How are you today and in general?

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
gettin an extended dnd session tonight, so instead of 4 hours of rolling dice and making pop culture references with the guys it will be 6.

today is a good day.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

bare bottom pancakes posted:

gettin an extended dnd session tonight, so instead of 4 hours of rolling dice and making pop culture references with the guys it will be 6.

today is a good day.

good luck. don't be a goober like me and fall asleep after hour 3

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

today is a good day.

Have fun!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Jaded Burnout

today is a good day.

I wish there was a d&d crew near me, it sounds like such fun

alnilam

Oh man i miss d&d

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

today is a good day.

That sounds amazing, I'd really like to read about your adventure, so feel free to share it with us afterwards!

Also I hope everyone had a great Saturday so far as evening approaches.

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

Oh man i miss d&d

Roll a d20 for free time, with disadvantage

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

Oh man i miss d&d

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

i got a halfling roguebard thats p good

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

Oh man i miss d&d

Dungeons & Dadmens

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Diapers & Dadjokes

Diarrhea & Drugstorerunstogetmorediapers

Drugs & Dysphoria

bare bottom pancakes

dudes & dames

bare bottom pancakes

Goons Are Great posted:

That sounds amazing, I'd really like to read about your adventure, so feel free to share it with us afterwards!

Also I hope everyone had a great Saturday so far as evening approaches.

the current highlight of our adventure is giving a gamg member a swirly after he called in a bunch of his friends. for bonus points, a grey ooze had previously crawled out of that toilet.

it's okay though, we were already in a sewer.

bare bottom pancakes

butthead tried to sic a mind flayer on us, he had it coming

Robot Made of Meat

Goons Are Great posted:

Crying has a place in your heart, too. But it's so much better to be happy in the longterm, so cry until you are done, come to byob, be happy with us together and due to your sadness, your happiness will feel much more happy, too!

Byob is the loveliest place on the internet really

This is what Nipsey Russell taught me about crying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y52bs0aX6v8

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Goons Are Gifts

the current highlight of our adventure is giving a gamg member a swirly after he called in a bunch of his friends. for bonus points, a grey ooze had previously crawled out of that toilet.

it's okay though, we were already in a sewer.

Sounds nasty, but nasty is fun in d&d usually I hope you turn out victorious!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

This is what Nipsey Russell taught me about crying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y52bs0aX6v8

That is so lovely and fitting :allears:

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Today I am mostly playing Heat Signature which is surprisingly chill for a game mostly about murdering a bunch of people on spaceships.

alnilam

roomforthetuna posted:

Today I am mostly playing Heat Signature which is surprisingly chill for a game mostly about murdering a bunch of people on spaceships.

wasn't that also the name of the fictional submarine movie in an episode of adventure time

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

FluffieDuckie posted:

warm toes are a benchmark of Good Living.

as we freeze to death in Texas at 50°F

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

alnilam posted:

Well said

Many people in this very forum engage in an un chill politic here and there for example, but we do it outside of byob. There is a time and a place to chill and byob is the place and the time is whenever works for you

I troll the h*ck outta my hometown thread sometimes. re: pizza, and what is downtown Houston or not.

and then I reveal my troll and srspost nicely :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum

re: D&D, I have a regular group that I'm DM'ing, for the first time in years, and it's so dang much fun.

though we assert we play D&D&D&D&D: Dungeons and Dragons and Ducks and Drive-ins and Dives. I keep threatening to make them fight a Dread Fieri

thank you luvcow for the sig