Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Gripweed posted:

OK, here's two pictures that in and of themself may not be funny but together and with context create what I consider to be an amusing juxtaposition

One of the most important characters in Warhammer was Nagash, an ancient and unspeakably powerful necromancer. Here is his Warhammer model, made in 1994

Here is the new model of that very same character, released 20 years later

Ok I actually laughed at this juxtaposition.

Just hearing the Skeletor "Myeh" when look at the Classic Skullman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lOvx347YU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

MarcusSA posted:

The new one is pretty fuckin cool.

GW trying the bold new strategy of actually trying to make their models worth $60-$120

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

MizPiz posted:

GW trying the bold new strategy of actually trying to make their models worth $60-$120 harder to 3d print.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I feel like the funniest thing about the stormcast eternals thing is that the general consensus of fans was that it was done because GW couldn't trademark Dwarves, Elves and the like, so blow them all up and replace them with more profitable versions.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

The old style Nagash is much better

Look at that goofy bastard

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fair

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Since the schadenfreude thread is closed

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1155513798586970113?s=19

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I always knew that mammalian supremacy will be ended by an uprising, the reptiles never forgot.

Tell my family that I love them.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Here is the new model of that very same character, released 20 years later

MSRP for this bad boy is $105 dollarydoos.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Tony Snark posted:

I'll cop to to getting my taxonomy knowledge hosed up. Point is Blue Jays are still fairly stupid birds, but Scrub Jays will scumbag their way through life like crows and ravens but do it wearing the feathered equivalent of backwards baseball cap with YOLO embroidered on it instead of being gothy.

I guess being the being the boring rear end part of the Corvidae family makes the macro accurate.

Magpies = Gucci Corvids

The loving worst.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

soceity

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This ends way too soon

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have never played a warhammer tabletop game in my life and I never will, but the lore of the setting is really fun to follow. The lore of the NEW setting, age of sigmar, is mostly confusing as hell because they got gods walking around doing impossible poo poo constantly. It's also funny that all the current videogames doing Warhammer Fantasy are still doing the old setting (because it was cool) and not the Age of Sigmar setting (because it's generic dreck)

Zzulu has a new favorite as of 07:36 on Jul 29, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Age of Sigmar 'lore' is nearly completely incoherent context free action figure packaging blurbs last I checked that they're hastily trying to stitch together into something that could pass for an actual setting.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It's Games Workshop presents: Cheat Commandos

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It’s funny that the new setting takes place across eight ambiguously-sized magical realms that could each contain several planets worth of cultures, one of which contains every culture’s afterlife, so anything you could conceive can be there.

Except for Brettonia or the Tomb Kings.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Dr Christmas posted:

Except for the Tomb Kings.

What about THE DEATHRATTLERS?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hell, the medieval fantasy wargame apparently doesn't have any kind of knights riding horses at all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bike tory posted:

This ends way too soon

Yeah, uh, I think we need closure on this one :suspense:.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Dude has a dick spine.

And a smaller chin dick spine.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This motherfucker never dropped my helm god dammit.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Speaking as a toothpaste ghost, this is racist

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Speaking as a toothpaste ghost, this is racist

Shut your mouth, Colgate-Ghoul. Don't make me summon the ADA.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Ak Gara posted:

Dude has a dick spine.

And a smaller chin dick spine.

It's called a baculum.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

GIFs that end too soon.

Also why'd the Schad thread close this time, I went to get caught up and there didn't seem to be enough drama to require a closure.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Elohssa Gib posted:

GIFs that end too soon.

Also why'd the Schad thread close this time, I went to get caught up and there didn't seem to be enough drama to require a closure.

Yeah I'd like to know that too. I didn't see anything :shrug:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I'd like to know that too. I didn't see anything :shrug:

There was a protracted argument about the ethics of child hentai so the thread is on time out.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Elohssa Gib posted:

GIFs that end too soon.

Yeah LITERALLY A BIRD talked about it in one of the other threads, it's just on a couple days' break, it'll be back soon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

There was a protracted argument about the ethics of child hentai so the thread is on time out.

I didn't think it was an argument but more of one goon outing him self lol.

Fair enough that it will be back. Thanks!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

I didn't think it was an argument but more of one goon outing him self lol.

Fair enough that it will be back. Thanks!

I guess it's still an argument even if there's only one person on one of the sides.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Zzulu posted:

I have never played a warhammer tabletop game in my life and I never will, but the lore of the setting is really fun to follow. The lore of the NEW setting, age of sigmar, is mostly confusing as hell because they got gods walking around doing impossible poo poo constantly. It's also funny that all the current videogames doing Warhammer Fantasy are still doing the old setting (because it was cool) and not the Age of Sigmar setting (because it's generic dreck)

Nah they're doing cool stuff with Age of Sigmar now. They realized that it's pretty much as far away from the dirty, medieval low fantasy of Warhammer as you can get, and they need to lean into it. So it's got places like the city that's half in the Realm of Fire, half in the Realm of Life, so it has a lava moat pumped in from the fire side to keep constantly burning back the forest that 's trying to reabsorb the life side. An Shadespire, they city of mirrors, which was literally a city where everything was made of mirrors so everyone who lived there went insane

It's starting to get over the top and dumb in a good way

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
But that's what I don't like about it. It's just "crazy impossible stuff happens because gods and wizards poo poo this out of their rear end". Old warhammer fantasy was about a medieval-ish setting full of monsters. Mankind was fighting the impossible magical stuff with halberds and gunpowder.

The new setting is mirror-cities and man-gods creating golden space marines that can fly and the orcs are now called Orruks because,

uhh

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

Mankind was fighting the impossible magical stuff with halberds and gunpowder.

They also had hats!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Collapsing Farts posted:

But that's what I don't like about it. It's just "crazy impossible stuff happens because gods and wizards poo poo this out of their rear end". Old warhammer fantasy was about a medieval-ish setting full of monsters. Mankind was fighting the impossible magical stuff with halberds and gunpowder.

The new setting is mirror-cities and man-gods creating golden space marines that can fly and the orcs are now called Orruks because,

uhh

Because you can't copywrite 'Orcs'

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Collapsing Farts posted:

uhh

Sure, I understand why someone, especially someone who was a Warhammer fan, wouldn't like Age of Sigmar. But at least they have now turned it into something that someone could like.

I read an Age of Sigmar story that took place in a city made out of the petrified hairs on the back of a giant worm that was extremely slowly being chased by another giant worm with a city made out of petrified hairs on it's back. That certainly wouldn't fit in the old Warhammer, but I liked it. It made me glad that Age of Sigmar is a setting that can have such things

edit: and Age of Sigmar really has some of the best models GW has ever produced. Look at these dudes!

Gripweed has a new favorite as of 12:43 on Jul 29, 2019

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Nothing can really capture the old models such as the bat winged looney lobber doom diver catapult

I mean look at this thing:

The fluff for them was great, too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, uh, I think we need closure on this one :suspense:.

The closure is that it's fake

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Classic defense of old Warhammer

https://youtu.be/Cx8sl2uC46A

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Scratch Monkey posted:

Blue Jays are big jerks

I know, I can't believe we traded away Stroman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS