Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And look the Kleins even made a video of them reading mean tweets and laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giE...wQQtCHLIzub0lyg

Goddamn it took them a while to figure out "frostelytizing".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Sounds like the prosperity gospel rewarded the gays.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter posted:

To buy a starship. You idiot.
I couldn't help myself.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I am triggered by Star Trek you insensitive goon, you! :argh:

Growing up with a trekkie parent sucks.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol so they received WAY more than the fine in donations, have been doing paid media appearances nonstop, and even straight up refuse to pay the fine and it still bankrupted them apparently?

Exactly what the hell did they blow all that money on only to get no return?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Epic High Five posted:

Lol so they received WAY more than the fine in donations, have been doing paid media appearances nonstop, and even straight up refuse to pay the fine and it still bankrupted them apparently?

Exactly what the hell did they blow all that money on only to get no return?

Their business is closed. 100% of their income is from wing nut welfare and that never lasts longer than the it takes for the next outrage to be discovered

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Klaus88 posted:

I am triggered by Star Trek you insensitive goon, you! :argh:

Growing up with a trekkie parent sucks.
How can I repay you for my transgression?

#NotAllTrekkers

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That Todd Starnes story of the money disappearing from their account sounds like yet another insane wholecloth creation of his. The regular news account I read mentioned them cutting a check and paying 7k of the fine a few months ago.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Trump's spokeswoman on CNN today wearing a bullet necklace

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

beatlegs posted:

Called it.

She was just on again a minute ago and she's taken it off now. Disappointing.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
This is approaching brilliance. If one of their platforms consists solely of the words "more dakka", 'll apply for US citizenship just to vote for Trump. Let's accelerationize this planet right into a rick wall.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

fishmech posted:

It absolutely is not. Nickelodeon was doing all day marathons of popular shows as far back as the mid-90s at the latest. And massively popular shows got massively rerun all the time on network TV and associated cable channels since the 80s too.

Yes it is. Marathons have existed for decades, yes. But there is a colossal difference between how they used to be run (only for special events or occasions) compared to how they were ran after 2000 (again, all the drat time, regardless of season, holiday, or whatever).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

beatlegs posted:

:allears:

God bless Donald Trump.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mr Interweb posted:

Yes it is. Marathons have existed for decades, yes. But there is a colossal difference between how they used to be run (only for special events or occasions) compared to how they were ran after 2000 (again, all the drat time, regardless of season, holiday, or whatever).

There isn't, because you're wrong about what was done with Nickelodeon's marathons in the 90s. Unless you have a super fuckin' broad definition of "special event or occasion".

Those marathons in the 90s were how I got my favorite shows all on tape, SLP of course.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

beatlegs posted:

What? Really, what?

Reality is starting to resemble 40k way to much for my liking.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Jesus Christ she looks exactly like a character from fallout right down to the lifeless expression

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

nachos posted:

Jesus Christ she looks exactly like a character from fallout right down to the lifeless expression

Looks like one of the brahmin merchants whose merchandise is all ashtrays and tin cans whose name would be something like Thorny Sue

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

fishmech posted:

SLP of course.
I feel special because I know what SLP means.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

fishmech posted:

There isn't, because you're wrong about what was done with Nickelodeon's marathons in the 90s. Unless you have a super fuckin' broad definition of "special event or occasion".

Those marathons in the 90s were how I got my favorite shows all on tape, SLP of course.

I'm not denying that marathons existed in the 90s (why do you keep bringing this up, as if I said otherwise), my point is the loving degree to which they appeared.

What do I mean by "special events or occasions"? Like say, for Halloween, Nickelodeon might run a marathon of something like Aah! Real Monsters. Or for something that doesn't fit into any particular category, like Labor or Memorial Day, they'll have marathons of Rocko's Modern Life or whatever random show.

This is in complete contrast to how Nickelodeon used to handle Spongebob, which is omnipresent whether it's Halloween, Labor Day, Christmas, Kwanzaa, the entirety of Summer, etc. The most popular Nickelodeon show in the 90s was either Doug or Rugrats. Are you seriously loving arguing that either of those shows were in the same galaxy in terms of exposure that Spongebob was?

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 30, 2015

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Didn't Nickelodeon used to have a limit to the number of shows they would produce of a given series?

Sorta like how you two should have a post limit in this thread (of zero posts).

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Klaus88 posted:

What? Really, what?

I wouldn't worry until Trump wears a bullet necklace.

Or if he's seen drinking wine out of the skull of a former Republican candidate.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Leofish posted:

I wouldn't worry until Trump wears a bullet necklace.

Or if he's seen drinking wine out of the skull of a former Republican candidate.

And that'll be how Trump finally gets taken down. Not because people think it's too extreme, but because he'll die of thirst.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Getting a bit weird here.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Dr Christmas posted:

And that'll be how Trump finally gets taken down. Not because people think it's too extreme, but because he'll die of thirst.

You read my mind.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/two-american-families/

Found this video online.

I'm a tad bit stunned that the GOP has successfully scapegoated union members, and the unemployed as being "lazy" amongst other comments.

In this video you see two families that are trying their damnedest to work or find work while avoiding "hand outs". No wonder people like Bernie Sanders are beginning to succeed. The scenes you see in this video clip are a reflection of America as a whole within the past couple of years.

Also I wonder how different the country would be if more news programs were like "Front Line" and less like "The Five".

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

FuzzySkinner posted:

Also I wonder how different the country would be if more news programs were like "Front Line" and less like "The Five".

Any sort of probing, truthful examination of American life is pretty much reflexively dismissed as "partisan" by the beltway class, therefore looked upon with suspicion by a good 50+% of the country.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

FuzzySkinner posted:

He's just some bizarre sociopath. He calls people "fat", and "sluts", while every other night there's a picture of him loving some random guy on the internet.

Notice how he only posts headshots, because this is what everyone's favorite fat-basher looks like:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm a tad bit stunned that the GOP has successfully scapegoated union members, and the unemployed as being "lazy" amongst other comments.

In this video you see two families that are trying their damnedest to work or find work while avoiding "hand outs". No wonder people like Bernie Sanders are beginning to succeed. The scenes you see in this video clip are a reflection of America as a whole within the past couple of years.

O for gently caress's sake I worked with these people and it's worse. The airline union guy laughed about a) the PPACA wasn't going to apply to him, he just hated it because (friend of the family in the WHITE House) and he liked me but, haha, F U non-Union lib) and b) He HATED his Union members, as long as they were junior to him and hadn't "worked as hard as he had" to come up through the ranks (ESPECIALLY if they weren't white) so he hated Unions (which he was a part of) and non-whites (who got into his Union) and loved that Obama was giving him a special pass but hated him for that, too.

I DO believe in Unions. But that guy was like every "Union" guy I met working in aviation. I TOTALLY get why people think Unions are "not needed any more (his own words)" because people are loving stupid as gently caress.

"I don't want my Union dues going to support some Demoncrat who's going to use that money to murder babies."

:suicide:

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

fishmech posted:

What schools put that stuff in the curriculum? I wouldn't expect your average public school to even mention their existence, much less ancient aliens stuff about how they were built.
Schools in Rhodesia uniformly taught this. Even archaeologists were censored from speaking of the ruin's true origins well into the 1970's. It's the closest parallel to telling kids that aliens were responsible for everything cool your people did.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

He seems to hate everything even remotely popular that even the smallest group of people like.

Doing a quick google search the man hates:
-The Princess Bride
-Star Wars
-Anime
-Video Games
-The Beatles
-SXSW

so what's the name of his account on something awful?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mr Interweb posted:

I'm not denying that marathons existed in the 90s (why do you keep bringing this up, as if I said otherwise), my point is the loving degree to which they appeared.

What do I mean by "special events or occasions"? Like say, for Halloween, Nickelodeon might run a marathon of something like Aah! Real Monsters. Or for something that doesn't fit into any particular category, like Labor or Memorial Day, they'll have marathons of Rocko's Modern Life or whatever random show.

This is in complete contrast to how Nickelodeon used to handle Spongebob, which is omnipresent whether it's Halloween, Labor Day, Christmas, Kwanzaa, the entirety of Summer, etc. The most popular Nickelodeon show in the 90s was either Doug or Rugrats. Are you seriously loving arguing that either of those shows were in the same galaxy in terms of exposure that Spongebob was?

But dude, during the 90s Nickelodeon was running marathons multiple times every month, sometimes multiple times a week. Unless we're counting saint's feast days that didn't get mentioned as special occasions, no, they did not wait for special occasions.

There is no "complete contrast". There is no difference. You just seem really upset about Spongebob of all things getting the same treatment other shows got when you were younger and didn't give a gently caress.

Kilroy posted:

Didn't Nickelodeon used to have a limit to the number of shows they would produce of a given series?

They always aimed to produce at least 4 seasons/52 22 minute episodes in total, but that was to have a wide variety available for reruns and eventually syndication, rather than a hard limit. Shows that put out less than that were usually major flops, shows that put out more were shows that really struck an audience

Similar "at least make 50 or 100" rules are common on other channels as well.

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013

Klaus88 posted:

What? Really, what?

Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka 2016. The yoojest candidate.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

beatlegs posted:

Her response to that: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/trump-spokesperson-who-sported-bullet-necklace-on-cnn-threatens-to-wear-a-fetus-next-time/

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I hope she does and no one mentions it so we have the surreal experience of a woman with a fetus bleeding down her chest and everyone just pretending that it's not there and talking about the economy.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Talked to Dad after a multi-month break (he lives out West, I'm on the East Coast and we just don't chit-chat) and he proudly tells me that he's,"going to vote for the guy with the crazy hair."

Goddamit, Dad. :bang:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Radish posted:

I hope she does and no one mentions it so we have the surreal experience of a woman with a fetus bleeding down her chest and everyone just pretending that it's not there and talking about the economy.

Hopefully they do the interview in black and white for the full Eraserhead experience.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Talked to Dad after a multi-month break (he lives out West, I'm on the East Coast and we just don't chit-chat) and he proudly tells me that he's,"going to vote for the guy with the crazy hair."

Goddamit, Dad. :bang:

Sanders?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My favorite thing about Trump being in the lead is that the only reason he is is because white people saw a black president for 8 years and just snapped.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Gravel Gravy posted:

Hopefully they do the interview in black and white for the full Eraserhead experience.

Whenever she's not talking she's just screaming.

fart blood posted:

My favorite thing about Trump being in the lead is that the only reason he is is because white people saw a black president for 8 years and just snapped.

Yeah the McCain loss was one thing, but Obama beating the whitest man in America when they were convinced the polls were lying and really in their favor was too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

surrender posted:

Notice how he only posts headshots, because this is what everyone's favorite fat-basher looks like:

You guys yammer on about this guy a lot for some reason, and I am not sure why. He is very obviously just a troll. He doesn't mean what he says. He is just trying to get a rise out of people and it seems to be working.