Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Franz von Dada posted:

I'm sure that they could do pretty much all the monsters ands special effects with modern technology and make it look great...

...expect for Guts' sword. How the hell would that work in live action without looking like the most ridiculous thing?

Perspective, mostly I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

Griffith would have to be Gilbert Gottfried.

Griffith would have to be a young David Bowie.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Griffith is sting from dune you loving idiots.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

They should modernize it, turn the Band of the Hawk into a PMC which gets incorporated into the US armed forces. Griffith purposefully leads his squad into an ambush to get everybody killed, erasing his dirty past and creating a sob story to sell his newfound political platform supported by Pentagon's military-industrial complex. Only Gregory "Guts" Smith, a sharpshooter armed with an anti-material rifle, can hope to bring him down.
Casca is a soldier assaulted by superior officers but the military tribunal finds no fault with the defendants

Franz von Dada posted:

I'm sure that they could do pretty much all the monsters ands special effects with modern technology and make it look great...

...expect for Guts' sword. How the hell would that work in live action without looking like the most ridiculous thing?

Guts' arm is now a chainsaw and he swings a giant rocket launcher with infinite ammo

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Franz von Dada posted:

it wouldn't, and it would be great

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Franz von Dada posted:

With the right VFX behind it to give in convincing weight you'd be surprised what people will buy. Just introduce it as if the prologue arc didn't happen so you don't see it until you've seen young Guts being trained to use a sword already far too big for him, maybe have some other characters with some of the actual great swords of history like the claymore and zweihander (yes, the 7 foot long, two hander was real) and you'll lay the groundwork for the Dragon Slayer being both ridiculous as people in world see it but also something an audience would buy into by the time it comes along. After Zodd, Wyald and the Eclipse the Dragon Slayer is nothing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Honestly if they ever did do a live action adaptation starting with the golden age arc would probably be the best way to go about it since it starts off as a generic, if dark, fantasy and gradually gets more and more fantasy until the eclipse happens. A like two season long flashback would be really awkward in a show.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Franz von Dada posted:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Berserk should be a scratchy cell painted anime in the late 80s/early 90s style.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
berserk

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Bad Seafood posted:

They should modernize it, turn the Band of the Hawk into a PMC which gets incorporated into the US armed forces. Griffith purposefully leads his squad into an ambush to get everybody killed, erasing his dirty past and creating a sob story to sell his newfound political platform supported by Pentagon's military-industrial complex. Only Gregory "Guts" Smith, a sharpshooter armed with an anti-material rifle, can hope to bring him down.

Are you "the" executive that ruins adaptation movies?

Franz von Dada posted:

Guts' sword. How the hell would that work in live action without looking like the most ridiculous thing?

They would still make it out of steel, just hollow. Anyone built enough to convincingly play Guts would be able to swing it quite easily.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Some dudes made Gut's pre-Eclipse Sword which is already pretty loving huge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nwh8yWh5WU

I'm sure they could knock something up in the vein the Dragon Slayer.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

All the hurr durr I med da dargonslayer things I've seen make it super thin and it's still basically impossible to do anything with.

FagtasticalMondays
Oct 10, 2013

I just hosed up and read Berserk all the way to the end.

My god it was glorious, please some one tell me the release schedule has suddenly changed. Please....

FagtasticalMondays fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 9, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

technically it's supposed to be back to being monthly as of the most recent chapter but who knows how that'll work out

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

FagtasticalMondays posted:

I just hosed up and read Berserk all the way to the end.

My god it was glorious, please some one tell me the release shedual has suddenly changed. Please....

I have waited a year for a single chapter where in a bunch of characters I forgot existed did absolutely nothing.

FagtasticalMondays
Oct 10, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

technically it's supposed to be back to being monthly as of the most recent chapter but who knows how that'll work out

Holy poo poo, did I actually luck out here? Did I just jump back in at the right exact time?!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Holy poo poo, did I actually luck out here? Did I just jump back in at the right exact time?!

Don't worry. We'll be back to a year between chapters any day now.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Technically, yes.

Realistically, welcome to pain :unsmigghh:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Technically, yes.

Realistically, welcome to pain :unsmigghh:

Miura is actually a demon that the human soul. So he releases a few chapters every year to get a new wave of people interested and excited, get them hooked. And then feast on their despair as they wait for months with no updates. Convincing themselves that the next one will come out soon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Miura is actually a demon that the human soul. So he releases a few chapters every year to get a new wave of people interested and excited, get them hooked. And then feast on their despair as they wait for months with no updates. Convincing themselves that the next one will come out soon.
actually i think he's just too busy reading idolmaster doujinshi

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I think he's legitimately bored and that's cool. He should draw more of the gigantomatika thing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

we're all busy reading idolm@ster doujin but we don't let it interfere with our jobs!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

I think he's legitimately bored and that's cool. He should draw more of the gigantomatika thing.
Please no more "nectar" :nms:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I thought the idea and world of that was really cool, and actually way more interesting then where berserk is at now. There's a ton of space when you're playing with a future like that to be creative and have fun.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah but then we'll get 300 chapters of epic wrestling and piss drinking until he gets bored and never finishes it. At this point I'm looking more forward to Elf Island (that was what it was called right?) than any actual ending or resolution to the overall story. It's going to be such a magical land full of comedy fairies.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

actually i think he's just too busy reading idolmaster doujinshi

Too busy celebrating the idols' birthdays

Pictured: Miura's House

e:

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah but then we'll get 300 chapters of epic wrestling and piss drinking until he gets bored and never finishes it. At this point I'm looking more forward to Elf Island (that was what it was called right?) than any actual ending or resolution to the overall story. It's going to be such a magical land full of comedy fairies.

Yes, it is the place where Caska MAY get fixed.
BIIIIIIIIG MAY on that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheFallenEvincar posted:

it's going to have an elf that'll make casca not hosed up and then there'll be a couple of fight scenes and then it'll end

and all the elves will look like idolmaster characters

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Wasn't the last group of fairies an apostle in disguise who turned children into monsters that turned back into kids when they died? And also raped each other.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Wasn't the last group of fairies an apostle in disguise who turned children into monsters that turned back into kids when they died? And also raped each other.

To death.:eng101:

And it's not that they were apostles in disguise, people just thought they were fairies because they had wings(looked like insects) and small bodies.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Postal Parcel posted:

Too busy celebrating the idols' birthdays

Pictured: Miura's House

e:

Yes, it is the place where Caska MAY get fixed.
BIIIIIIIIG MAY on that

What if she regains her sanity, tells Guts she loves him and immediately commits suicide because of all the bullshit that's happened to her/them/the world. Would that be the most Berserk thing possible?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The most Berserk thing possible would be for everyone to be immediately raped by trolls so let's be careful what we're wishin for here

or what if, following your scenario, her suicide fails and she finds a behilit instead and becomes Femtoqueen the new boss
I say it's about time for another eclipse

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 9, 2015

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

TheFallenEvincar posted:

The most Berserk thing possible would be for everyone to be immediately raped by trolls so let's be careful what we're wishin for here

or what if, following your scenario, her suicide fails and she finds a behilit instead and becomes Femtoqueen the new boss
I say it's about time for another eclipse

Guts has been carrying around his becchi forever. I can't see him using it because he should know that would be completely pointless. Which reminds me, what are the rules for using it exactly? You have to give up something you love, but does it have to be a person or can it be something intangible?

I hope some named apostles will be at Elf Island (they killed the witch so why not go after the elf king) and that we wil see Guts kill one or two. Have we seen Zodd lately? And if any of Guts allies are destined to die I would put the Skull Knight at the top of the list, seeing as how his surprise attack was a complete failure. Have we seen him since that happened?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I thought the behelit that Guts is carrying is the used up one that Griffith had.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
Nah... I think it's the one from the count from the flash forward at the start of the story. I think Guts held onto it because he thought he could use it to summon Femto and kill him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I don't think Attack on Titan or Terraformars are good and so I do not agree.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
caska gets healed just in time to see permanently turn into the beast from the berserker armour

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Rodyle posted:

I don't think Attack on Titan or Terraformars are good and so I do not agree.
Gigantomakhia is basically Miura openly mocking, through superior penmanship, the racist travesty that is Terraformars. How can you not like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Gigantomakhia was a good read and proof Miura's more than a one-trick pony. I look forward to his future, non-Berserk-related works.

That said, I still want an ending to Berserk.