Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

loving hell that is amazing. :stwoon:

(It's from the latest arc of Kill Six Billion Demons, link goes to the very first comic to save time.)

It's one of my favorite web comics ever, but I had to sideline it until completion because I just can't handle the slow trickle of updates for something so art-intensive as that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's one of my favorite web comics ever, but I had to sideline it until completion because I just can't handle the slow trickle of updates for something so art-intensive as that.

How far is it from being finished? Any idea?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Snowy posted:

Unfortunately no. I vaguely remember some discussion a while back that might have trapped about that, in the PYF comics thread I think??

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Snowy posted:

I believe this is book 4 of 5 we're now in.

The comic begain in 2014, to give you a vague timescale, but obviously you can't really predict these things.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It happened:

triple sulk posted:

can someone change :sickos: to be the coughing sickos pls
Begat

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I was up until like 2am reading all of K6BD from start to finish.

Thanks thread, now I have to wait for it to be finished, haven't enjoyed a Graphic Novel like that since GUNNM, it's crazy that it's free.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If forum smilies are your jam, QCS is currently working together to organize the smilie page with tags.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh no, our precious perpetual tire fire of unusability!!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Data Graham posted:

Oh no, our precious perpetual tire fire of unusability!!

Dammit, now I can't decide whether that or "a windmill full of idiots" is my favorite description of these forums.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Dareon posted:

Dammit, now I can't decide whether that or "a windmill full of idiots" is my favorite description of these forums.

Someone in another PYF thread once posted

quote:

'To reach Mordor, my friend Frodo, you must first traverse Something Awful: a country entirely made up of the weirdest hills to die on.'

and I've always liked that one best.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
We need an animated smiley that conveys giving up in despair, like :dawkins101: but without the Pope.

We have too many happy, energetic smileys. Not enough options to communicate crushing, paralyzing hopelessness and the futility of action or even existence.

Just my $.02!!!!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Rabbit Hill posted:

We need an animated smiley that conveys giving up in despair, like :dawkins101: but without the Pope.

We have too many happy, energetic smileys. Not enough options to communicate crushing, paralyzing hopelessness and the futility of action or even existence.

Just my $.02!!!!

:smith:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rabbit Hill posted:

Just my $.02!!!!

:negative:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Rabbit Hill posted:

Just my $.02!!!!

:eng99: but with the electricity from :science: coming back to fry them

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

:eng99: but with the electricity from :science: coming back to fry them

This one existed at one point, but I can't find it in the list. Hopefully it's there so we don't have to give Lowtax another $30.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:smithicide:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Rabbit Hill posted:

Just my $.02!!!!

You can't get a new smilies for $.02 Scrooge

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

IUG posted:

This one existed at one point, but I can't find it in the list. Hopefully it's there so we don't have to give Lowtax another $30.

:byoscience:?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Rabbit Hill posted:

Just my $.02!!!!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:perfect:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

:thunkgun:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I have some emotes to do for the QCS thread and I'm a bit unsure about what some of them are. Can anyone explain if there's something I missed?

:ese: - a grinning mexican guy in stereotypical garb, stabbing with a dagger or shiv??

:helladid: - I googled "helladid" and all I got is some fan-wiki thing. I looked through lists of national flags on Wikipedia and couldn't find the flag that appears to be the backdrop. No idea what's going on

:nitecrew: - does the anime character have a name? what anime is it from?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
:ese: I don't think has any deeper connotation. It's just a stereotypical mobster/goon thing.

:helladid: I'm pretty sure is from Wiz' Let's Play of Crusader Kings where the thread readers were acting as the parliament of Crete. I've never read it (Thread here, needs archives), but "the Crete LP" is a byword for "huge flaming goon-run mess," and I believe that's what the smilie represents. Helladid I'm guessing was one of the parties of the fictional goon parliament, and the flag would then be goon-made.

E: The fan Wiki in question appears to be for that very LP. The flag is the flag of the fictional Dictatorship of Crete, and the crying face is of the in-game portrait of the tyrant Helladid.

:nitecrew: I dunno, but possibly Haruhi Suzumiya, from the anime of the same name? There's probably more than one brunette with a yellow hairband in all of anime.

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 14:04 on Jul 18, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Thanks. I just realized I could also do with a pointer for whose face it is in :eurovision:. Presumably someone who performed in or presented Eurovision at some point.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rabbit Hill posted:

Just my $.02!!!!

Someone pls make a :cry: + :barf:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I forget her name but I’m pretty sure it’s one of the girls from k-on. They are apparently rather nite crew

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Hammerite posted:

Thanks. I just realized I could also do with a pointer for whose face it is in :eurovision:. Presumably someone who performed in or presented Eurovision at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy1B3agGNxw&t=41s

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hammerite posted:

You're correct:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy1B3agGNxw

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hammerite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxopViU98Xo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lol

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

More epic sax guy than a compilation of Hearthstone plays.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I thought I'd identified the flag as Andorra and was looking at the list of their Eurovision entries on Wikipedia but it was the flag of Moldova all along

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Hammerite posted:

I have some emotes to do for the QCS thread and I'm a bit unsure about what some of them are. Can anyone explain if there's something I missed?

:ese: - a grinning mexican guy in stereotypical garb, stabbing with a dagger or shiv??

I think this was a fyad thing. Some posters sister got stabbed by a Mexican guy, not really sure of the details beyond that

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hammerite posted:

:nitecrew: - does the anime character have a name? what anime is it from?

It's Ritsu Tainaka from the anime K-on, it's on the button because of the various avatars and name of poster Daikatana Ritsu who started the original nite crew threads

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hammerite posted:

It's a descendant of :eng101:, I think by way of :chef:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zereth posted:

It's a descendant of :eng101:, I think by way of :chef:

I love all the ethno-religious-occupation-type smileys, even though I never use them. Although they might be considered bad nowadays. :shrug:

Really hoping the various crying/flag ones stick around. :france:

prefect has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Jul 18, 2020

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
There was a while where :eng101: variations were all the rage, probably 2006ish?

People were rushing to try and come up with new ones before anyone else, it was wild

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
tulipmania but it’s smilies

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:30bux: indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Look if you want to know the actual secret use of that one :30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux: but don't tell them I told you