Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

elf help book posted:

If you're wondering what the next line of amiibos will be I've got two words for you: "LOZ Models". Enjoy.

So Midna, Zelda, Cremia, Linkle, et al. Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Until Roiland is a declared a nazi, I will love him because House of Cosby's captured a time and place so perfectly.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Justin Roiland ia guy who has made a bunch of stuff that a lot of people like, and is very easy to ignore if you don't. I'm not sure why a couple brokebrain weirdos felt the need to confront him on twitter about how he's not living up to their standards for him

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

hes a weirdo who gets off to being "shocking" to the point of harming people which is kind of unhealthy and mean, and this isnt like, some poo poo i made up, he said this outright, so :shrug:

at least he's not a huge loving baby about it and hasn't blocked me so he's less of a hypocrite than most of the rest of twitter so ill give him that. he makes a good team with harmon because he has nuggets of funny ideas but he cakes them in pure edgelord poo poo and needs someone like harmon who likes sifting through those turds for whatever reason around to turn it into something good, so im glad they found each other early on, though really the short rick and morty came from, which was a huge diapfest about being sued over house of cosby, was a pretty goddamned disgusting, drawn out pedophilia "joke" and i still don't know how anyone was like "yeah let's do a series based on that" but at least it worked out i guess

i guess what im saying is that rick and morty season 3 is the nx

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
doc and mharti was funny

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

i disagree, it was just disgusting and overly ~edgy~

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Doc and Mharti point and click adventure game will be a launch window game for the NX

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Boten Anna posted:

i disagree, it was just disgusting and overly ~edgy~

I don't think you have a great understanding of what edgy means! I bet I know more the NX than you do about the word edgy!!!!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Justan Roland felt personally betrayed when his animators unionzed which is maybe the most Rolandy thing he's ever done.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

devtesla posted:

Justan Roland felt personally betrayed when his animators unionzed which is maybe the most Rolandy thing he's ever done.

I've long since stopped being surpised when artists exploit their labor. This is still pretty butts though.

And this is the NX thread. The only edge I want to see is Nintendo's edge on the competition.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am getting the vibe that he really is lemongrab

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

alf_pogs posted:

Nintendo is Lemongrab. They share similar personality traits.

See it all loops back around together.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

alf_pogs posted:

Everyone has good and bad aspects of their personality. At his best he's a naive but well-intentioned and funny manchild. At his worst he's a selfish and self-destructive alcoholic.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/5/13179430/nintendo-nx-reveal-date-papa-johns

Nintendo should probably do something.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

why should they? they're DOOMed

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i hope the NX comes with pepperoni and bacon

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Remind me, were people getting this desperate for news pre-other Nintendo systems?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yes but also no because Nintendo told them things every so often.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Japan Time and the Brawl Smash Dojo website were the zenith of Nintendo brand drip-feed hype generation and we will never see anything like it again.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I remember smash dojo oh man that was a god tier hype train especially since 99% of them were like "here is an item. Here is Mario doing a move" and then random days it would be like "HERE IS A BRAND NEW CHARACTER MOTHERFUCKER WOO"

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

SONIC'S IN BRAWL?????

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yes, and snake

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kashuno posted:

I remember smash dojo oh man that was a god tier hype train especially since 99% of them were like "here is an item. Here is Mario doing a move" and then random days it would be like "HERE IS A BRAND NEW CHARACTER MOTHERFUCKER WOO"

Assist trophy reveals were always a cruel day because for a few seconds some poor souls would see the update and think that character was confirmed before reality set it and they noticed there wasn't any sort of "Challenger Approaching" banner and oh they're just an assist trophy.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The Sonic reveal for Brawl was the day the internet broke. That was a hell of a day. Man, I miss the Brawl Dojo. It was a lot of fun waking up every morning to see if someone new was in the game.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Don't forget the whole "Until now" drama with Ness and Lucas.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
When is Nintendo's next shareholders meeting? One would think they would release some info on the NX by then.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Assist trophy reveals were always a cruel day because for a few seconds some poor souls would see the update and think that character was confirmed before reality set it and they noticed there wasn't any sort of "Challenger Approaching" banner and oh they're just an assist trophy.

I'm still mad Isaac isn't in smash as a playable character

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
October 26

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

greatn posted:

October 26
How did you know I was booking tickets for Doctor Strange? :tinfoil:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It's supposed to be October 31, but without Iwata in charge of programming someone will mess up and use the decimal system instead and it will end up being December 25.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

It'll be a Christmas miracle failure!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

If you leave him cookies and go to sleep early, you too can hear the trademark jingle of the GameCube on your rooftop, of a red and blue sleigh driven by all the colors of Yoshi, as Iwata sneaks in through your chimney and leaves you a present signed only as "NX" where you can finally get the news and not the actual system.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Phantasium posted:

If you leave him cookies and go to sleep early, you too can hear the trademark jingle of the GameCube on your rooftop, of a red and blue sleigh driven by all the colors of Yoshi, as Iwata sneaks in through your chimney and leaves you a present signed only as "NX" where you can finally get the news and not the actual system.

for anyone who still doesnt know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjEsXf3SJ6o

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neat!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

First Sega makes VR in 93-94.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd98RGxad0U

Then they made a hybrid portable/TV console in 95.

The NX? It's the return of Sega, the king comes back to reclaim the throne.

You heard it here first.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
They also were the first to do downloadable games and games as a subscription

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Kashuno posted:

They also were the first to do downloadable games and games as a subscription

hmmmmmm