Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

Minaki's VA passed away. Pretty close to Excellen's, actually, and also from cancer.

Robots yaaay. :toot:

ok. what the gently caress is goin on down there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Schwarzwald posted:

Hold up, Mr. Diller is Dig Dug's son?

Yep. His mom is Kissy from Baraduke but her and Dig Dug got divorced. There is dialog in Namco X Capcom that references this, if I recall.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.twitch.tv/onmi_khaos

doing more alpha gaiden

Oh yeah we finished it last night.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 15, 2017

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
2nd OG stream going live shortly!

Edit: Stream over, we learned a valuable lesson which is that Team Aqua is the worst and given the choice I would 100% sign up for Team Magma because gently caress water stages

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 15, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So, I've actually realized I'm at the best grinding spot in Alpha Gaiden, so I'm considering grinding out the stage, my curiosity is if I should do it on stream or do it in private. Obviously a grinding stream would just be shooting the poo poo, probably talking about things like the E7 movie trailer, the Mazinger Z movie trailer and just passing the time while I farm G-Bits for lotsadosh, on the other hand, that'd mean people wouldn't be able to see the opening cutscene. So I could do it like this.

1. Play through the mission normally, then, off-stream go back and grind up.
2. Play the intro on stream, then grind repeatedly for basically the whole session.
3. Do it all off-stream and just accept that people are going to miss the early cutscene.

Or some variation on that, what would people prefer.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Onmi posted:

1. Play through the mission normally, then, off-stream go back and grind up.

This one gets my vote, though you'd have to mention level and kill count changes.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Inferno-sama posted:

This one gets my vote, though you'd have to mention level and kill count changes.
Do this, but instead of mentioning the level and kill count changes you should try and cover it up. Paranoidly accuse anyone that notices the discrepancy of being a liar, and threaten to ban them -or worse-.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Don't grind in SRW games

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WrightOfWay posted:

Don't grind in SRW games

This.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I typically don't, just have a lot of units who are under performing, especially since I'm dumb as gently caress and been using my money poorly. Don't NEED to, but I'd like to get lottadosh

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Just Luck bosses. Doing that regularly has given me all the cash I've ever needed in every main SRW game for as long as I can remember.

Hey, remember that bonus stage in V where you casually mug an entire fleet of Gamia ships for their parts? That owned.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Caphi posted:

Just Luck bosses. Doing that regularly has given me all the cash I've ever needed in every main SRW game for as long as I can remember.

Hey, remember that bonus stage in V where you casually mug an entire fleet of Gamia ships for their parts? That owned.

I've been doing it where I can. Like I said. And look, this isn't as bad as uh... Alpha 1... I think it's very soon after you get the V2, there are a lot of those octopus things from Victory in it? Anyway it had a lose condition for a certain amount of turns passing I think, so I just farmed it over and over again. Not that it mattered in Alpha 1.

EDIT: And no I don't remember a bonus stage in V, I don't have a PS4. My fond memories of money grubbing is Cyflashing motherfuckers in the OG games... And Seven Swell.

Seven Swell solved all my problems.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
One grind method I found funny was in SRW 4 SNES, where a bug gave you full EXP and money for MAP attacking your own units. (This was in the initial release, but fixed in later printings.) Normal endgame levels are about 50, but this bug makes it feasible to reach max level. If you do, there's an easter egg where characters start getting huge stat growths past level 90, and then a bug where at level 100 your stats screen glitches out.

Other original and Ryoma for comparison

Uh, apparently looking at the glitched stat screen also caused the intermission's background to glitch

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Welp, we're going to stream at the top of the half hour (so in 9 minutes)

https://www.twitch.tv/onmi_khaos

Welp, that was 12 hours of streaming! Made good progress, that is a lie, I spent 5 hours dicking about with the G-Bits, but then I made good progress.... Which is also a lie, I'm only up to Scenario 38. loving Frost Brothers

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 16, 2017

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Christ, that second page was a doozy (bot). Normally these take me like 3 hours apiece, this one was closer to 5 hours.

Well, here's page 2 out of 3 of Nasu/Terada part deux:

How much to change things while still respecting the feelings of fans of the original?

Terada: When I see the way the Fate series ushers in a new fandom, it reminds me of the dilemma I constantly face, that of aspects that could use some change. Fate's a pretty long-running series too, right?

Nasu: Fate/Stay Night came out on PC in 2004, so it's 13 years old... Barely out of its tween years.

Terada: That's long enough in the tooth already! People like us that create a long-running series have our own brand of troubles and hardships. When you have something that has a high barrier of entry for newer players, of course the first idea you get is to mix it up a little, but in the case of SRW, we have rules to follow in the source material we draw from.

Terada: We have tons of ideas for ways to break down the preexisting notions present in the SRW series. I couldn't tell you how well they'd work in practice, but we definitely think of things like giving Gundam weapons to Mazinger Z. It's not that we don't come up with things—We just don't put them into practice. In a game whose focus is the characters, it would be wrong to disregard the feelings of fans of the original IPs being used. It feels like the kind of thing where the fan reaction would be to tell us to save that for our original games if we want to go that route. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed if we want to respect the people who created some of our most emblematic mecha anime.

Terada: And then you get Fate, where King Arthur's completely the opposite gender. (laughs)

Nasu: And where Edison is a lion. (laughs)

Terada: I mean, it works well enough. It's impressive, even.

Q: While SRW depicts characters in ways faithful to the IP they come from, Fate likes to subvert the characteristics of the heroes it uses. Do you have any policy or sense of balance when it comes to preservation versus subversion?

Nasu: It's what I was talking about before, the fun of liberal interpretations. For example, in the original legend, you get these brief, like two-line descriptions. Something like, "Cú Chulainn (*) has a spear called the Gáe Bulg. The spear is said to always pierce the heart of the wielder's foe and burst within it." And that's it, that's all you get. But if you look at it the other way, you can do whatever you want as long as you make sure to adhere to those two lines.

Nasu: It's why I've always been opposed to turning contemporary figures into Servants, because they're extensively documented. That said, Fate GO has such a huge volume of Heroic Spirits that I violate that taboo.

(*) Cú Chulainn: A hero of Irish Celtic folklore. According to legend, he trained under Scáthach, queen of the fortress of shadows, in martial and magical arts, and she granted him the magical spear Gáe Bulg. In addition to his appearance as a Lancer-class Servant in Fate/Stay Night, he is featured in Fate GO as a Caster as well as a Lancer.

Nasu: The heroes in folklore are basically showcases of the "setting" that their respective tales like to indulge in, so when you do your own liberal take while adhering to that, the result's got to be entertaining. I figured that sort of logical leap would be engaging for the players. It can be eye-opening and get people to say, "I never thought of it that way," or, "If I were the one doing this, I'd do it like such and such." The players can come up with their own ultimate Servants for fun.

Nasu: I wouldn't call it a subversion as much as I would a creative interpretation of folklore with very simplistic descriptions, designed to spice it up a little. What you also have to remember is that no matter how minor a hero is, they're still a hero and deserving of respect. They were someone worthy of being written about in a tale, so I always make sure to keep that in mind and give them some fitting heroics.

Anno: "Put Char in an EVA" Terada: "But only 14 year olds can pilot those" Anno: "...Oh yeah"

Q: You talked earlier about not giving Gundam weapons to Mazinger Z. Are there other lines you try not to cross in SRW?

Terada: It's tricky doing cross-series pilot swapping. Could Amuro Ray pilot Mazinger Z? Personally, I think someone with Amuro's level of experience in handling humanoid mobile weapons could do it. But is that a line I want to cross? That's harder to answer.

Terada: It would be great if we did it, of course. There are so many amazing possibilities you could get from throwing different characters into the Eagle, Jaguar, and Bear from Getter Robo.

Nasu: It would rule if you could put Amuro, Char, and Haman (*) in Getter Robo!

(*) Haman Karn: A prominent figure in the Gundam series who first appears in Mobile Suit Z Gundam. She's regularly portrayed as a villain, but she is a highly charismatic politician and an exceptionally skilled pilot. She often appears in SRW as a top-tier female pilot.

Terada: You could go either way with it too, treating it as a gag or taking it totally seriously. Oh no, something's going on, and the only robot that happens to be on hand for Amuro, Char, and Haman is Getter Robo. Contrive a scenario around that idea, and you could make it work. The only question there is, do Char or Haman yell "OPEN GET!" when separating? Personally, if it were up to me, they totally would. (laughs)

Nasu: If you're that prepared for it, you could always do it as a one-time thing, right? But then again, it doesn't matter how well you spin it sometimes. One word from the publisher, "I get it, but the answer is no," and all of the staff's hard work goes up in smoke. I definitely wouldn't want to there.

Terada: You can't break a story's immersion without permission from the creators of it, after all. I only met with Director Hideaki Anno once like twenty years ago, and when I did, he had two requests for me. The first was: "I'd like you to put Char in EVA Unit 02." "But I thought only 14 year olds could pilot Evangelions." "....Oh yeah" (laughs)

Terada: The second was to have Bright "correct" Shinji, which I did in SRW F (*). Shinji says "Even my father never hit me!" while Amuro looks on awkwardly. (laughs) But we never could've done that if Director Anno wasn't personally on board with it.

(*) Super Robot Wars F: Released for the Sega Saturn in 1997. It was billed as a remake of Super Robot Wars 4, but it had never-before-used new roster additions Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gunbuster, and Space Runaway Ideon, and most of its old content was superseded. The game is continued in Super Robot Wars F Final, released in 1998, and both games have Playstation ports.

Terada: One way of looking at it is that rules are made to be broken, but I'm of the opinion that some lines should always be respected. That's how I've worked for 25 years. After all, these aren't our original creations.

Nasu: It's hard having your cake and not being able to eat it too, huh?

Terada: Going back to that mention of Getter Robo piloting, I think it would be fantastic if we made a concerted effort at doing it. But I think there are times we managed to nail it well enough by working with existing points of crossover interaction, without doing anything so drastic.

Terada: As a personal example, take Super Robot Wars Alpha. I wanted from the very outset to have the Super Robot Army show up in the nick of time when Asuka was ganged up on by the Mass Production EVA series. See, when I watched the movie, my big thought was, "For God's sake, someone save her!" But it's still a what-if story development, and I was seriously conflicted about whether it was appropriate to alter the flow of the original story.

Nasu: On the flip side, other characters do exist in SRW. If Amuro was there for a certain scene, he'd react to it a certain way. You can't just omit that. It has a certain level of reassurance to it.

Nasu: I haven't played the latest game, Super Robot Wars V, yet, but a writer I know keeps telling me I need to play it soon, that it's really great. He'll say things like, "Look, they have a bunch of female characters from all these different series just going off on Embryo (*2) from Cross Ange (*1)." (laughs) And that makes sense, that's something they would absolutely do if they had to deal with him.

Nasu: SRW is such a satisfying series because it creates these situations that everyone wants to see, all while faithfully adhering to what a given character would do in a given situation.

(*1) Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons: A TV anime series broadcast 2014-2015. The story revolves around Ange, the former First Princess of the Empire of Misurugi who has fallen to the level of common soldier, and her fight against the Dragons in her Para-Mail mobile weapon. It made its SRW debut in Super Robot Wars V.

(*2) Embryo: A handsome, enigmatic young man featured in Cross Ange. He manipulates statesmen the world over with his silver tongue, callously severs those who don't act in accordance with his will, and seduces every woman who catches his fancy. His extreme idiosyncrasies are portrayed in full force in Super Robot Wars V, even extending beyond his own show.

SRW combat animations are still reined in

Nasu: While we're on the subject of SRW highlights, I want to mention how Mazinger Z's Breast Fire (*) gets improved upon in every iteration. Every time I think it can't get any better than this, it never fails to get outdone the next time around.

Nasu: The way SRW combat animations can adhere to the aesthetic of the source material while also producing something pleasing to the eyes of the players is flat-out incredible. There's just so much impact when the staff come up with these amazingly on-point storyboards, and SRW replicates them in purely 2D imagery.

(*) Breast Fire: An ultra-powerful 30,000° C heat ray fired from Mazinger Z's chestplates.

Terada: How we make our own spins on the original depictions of combat in Mazinger Z is actually something we wrestle with every time. But the same thing could be said about Fin Funnels (*). Most combat depictions of it in the original work have already been reproduced to exhaustion, so the person in charge of that has to wrack their brain over how to give it a twist.

(*) Fin Funnels: Funnels are a class of miniature remote-controlled beam weapon meant for all-range attacks. In Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack, the Nu Gundam piloted by Amuro Ray is outfitted with 6 Funnels that each have their own megaparticle cannon. These are Fin Funnels.

Nasu: Fin Funnels are simple as far as weapons go, so you can't expand past them being miniature weapons that flit around and fire narrow lasers. Yet they get flashier with every portrayal, so I look forward to seeing how far SRW can run with them in that format.

Q: What kind of background do the staffers in charge of combat animations come from? Are they graphics artists from the video game industry?

Terada: Generally yes, but we do have a handful of people who come from the anime industry.

Nasu: Fate GO uses 2D combat animations too, and I aspire to create the kind of combat animations the players will never get tired of watching, but that's still a pipe dream for us. Meanwhile, SRW keeps putting out animations that exceed the players' imaginations and wow them every time. It always impresses me and makes me think, "This is what it means to get someone fired up!"

Terada: We do operate on a limited timeframe and budget, though. I'd say what you see now is still reined in from what we wish we could make.

Nasu: Seriously?!

Terada: And sometimes there are things in our power to do, and we push ahead with it, but then it's not done in time. We stumbled over ourselves a lot back in the Super Robot Wars Alpha days.

Nasu: For the animation standards at the time, SRW Alpha's combat animations blew me away. So many dreams packed into those...

Q: SRW's combat animations are definitely leagues beyond what other RPGs or SRPGs have.

Terada: But it means the production can get tedious at times. There are times something got cut after being looked at once, only for someone to say to me, "Is there any point in me pouring my blood, sweat, and tears into this?"

Nasu: When a final boss attack runs up to 40 or 50 seconds long, I'll watch the animation once just to enjoy it, but after that, I tend to cut it short. Even then, though, I think the production of the final boss animations for that one time you sit through them is important. After all, this is what awaits the player at the end of a long journey. It's only right to show an ultimate level of power.

Terada: Well, people watch regular animated movies once and call it done, so I can't exactly expect people to keep watching our games' combat animations indefinitely... That's a dilemma right there.

Q: As SRW combat animations grow more fancy and elaborate with every incarnation, do you get a larger staff team?

Terada: We do grow, but not as much as you might think. After all, it takes a certain level of craftsmanship. I used to hear people say that the 2D graphic artist was a dead job, but now thanks to smartphone games, there aren't enough pixel artists to go around. (*)

(*) In the early 2000s, with the launch of the Playstation 2, 3D CG became the order of the day in video games. With the times changing, many pixel artists either left the games industry or made the jump to being 3D modelers, and there was no passing on of their craft to the younger generation. Nowadays with the advent of smartphone games that primarily use 2D graphics, demand for pixel artists that can depict character motions has skyrocketed, creating a chronic labor shortage. Previous issues of Denfami have reported on the past and present environment for pixel artists in more detail.

Terada: Development-wise, I will say that smartphone game management is way more demanding than console games. I take part in work on Cross Omega, and what struck me there was, "So this is the terror of something that's serialized weekly!"

Nasu: Smartphone games are always cutting it close to deadlines. We've only lasted maybe two years so far, but my hat goes off to the staff on other smartphone games that have done this for three or four years. I find their stamina and administrative capabilities to be astounding.

Q: Do you craft games differently when it's for console or PC, versus when it's for smartphone?

Nasu: Well, the way a player treats a console game is entirely different from how they treat a smartphone game. Console games are like a treat for the player. They want to sit down and have fun with the game in front of a large screen. On the other hand, smartphones are integrated with someone's daily life, so the players want those games to be faster, lighter, more compact.

Nasu: While we're aware of that, Fate GO takes the format of a game that asks for an hour of your time. We talked earlier about trial and error, and what I'd ideally want is to keep the current format while mitigating the tedium associated with it.

In an era where difficulty isn't wanted in video games

Q: Mr. Nasu, I see from this that you're also concerned about the tedium that modern-day gamers feel from the act of playing a video game.

Nasu: Fate GO and SRW, and most games really, are designed to be things where players focus their time and brainpower on a game, and obtain success through repeated trial and error. But I was surprised to get feedback from Fate GO players asking, "Why is this system so tedious?" For people playing on a smartphone, a game isn't supposed to have any stress at all. That was an eye-opener that made me reflect on how out of touch my sensibilities were.

Nasu: When you play a modern-day SRW game, it's fun how fast-paced progress is, but that takes away the old bite that earlier titles had, where you'd go, "Man, I spent 40 minutes on this fight and I STILL can't beat the Blood Temple?!" (*) What are your thoughts on that?

(*) Blood Temple: A Heavy Metal from the 1984-1985 TV anime Heavy Metal L-Gaim, which exists only in designs and never made it into the show proper. It shows up in Super Robot Wars 4 on the final stage, and it represents a formidable stumbling block for players.

Terada: Well, you hit the nail on the head. The way I see it, with video games, there's a cycle where you build up stress to a certain extent, then release it, and repeat. I wouldn't apply that to all games equally, of course.

Terada: If all a game does is cause stress, then it gets called a chore to play. That's why people encourage me to make the strongest game mode right from the start, and I think that in the case of smartphone games, they should be designed to let auto mode handle the grunt work.

Terada: But at its core, SRW is a fanboy game. 25 years ago, people would tell me, "Nobody will ever buy your team's fanboy game," and I'd rise up and go, "Excuse me?!" Considering that core, I think maybe SRW should emphasize forms of enjoyment that only it can provide.

Terada: For example, as we put in more series, Combattler V's (*) weapon list keeps growing shorter. It used to have have a weapon list like three pages long.

(*) Combattler V: The titular robot in Chodenji Robo Combattler V (broadcast 1976-1977), developed in the show by Dr. Nanbara. It is a combining robot made up of five Battle Machines that join together using super electromagnetic power, and it battles the Campbellians with a wide variety of weapons and super moves.

Nasu: I remember that!

Terada: Combattler V was called a weapons treasury, but its weapons dwindled down to two pages, then one. Sure, nobody ever uses more than maybe Chodenji Yo-Yo, Twin Lancer, and Chodenji Spin—Even I've never used all of Combattler V's weapons. (laughs) Though I did review the combat graphics for them.

Terada: But the way I see it, throwing in weapons you'd never normally use is part and parcel of SRW. Even now, the staff talks about how much they loved those pointless things.

Q: Could we get into that a little more? I see that as one of the biggest problems facing modern-day game development, and I'd love to hear about how popular titles like Fate GO and SRW tackle that.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Sep 16, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/onmi_khaos Streaming more Alpha Gaiden! We're almost done with the game!

Also, Hokuto, back when Tobias did his @G LP, you used the save editor, did you have a 32 bit system back then or did you get it to work on a 64 bit?

Done, we've finished up X-Point, we're close to the end.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 17, 2017

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Onmi posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/onmi_khaos Streaming more Alpha Gaiden! We're almost done with the game!

Also, Hokuto, back when Tobias did his @G LP, you used the save editor, did you have a 32 bit system back then or did you get it to work on a 64 bit?

I had a 32 bit system back then, yeah. Sadly I don't have a random laptop sitting around with Windows XP on it anymore, or I'd be glad to fix up your file.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Hell yes, my Japanese coworker brought me back a copy of V from his business trip last week. I know what I'm playing tonight.

And for the rest of the month.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Have fun! It's pretty good. Pick Chitose.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

have fun killing literally everything in the game with ange regardless of whether or not you want to

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

have fun killing literally everything in the game with ange regardless of whether or not you want to
Three pages of attacks when every other character from the anime gets like three attacks total for the whole game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it sucks because the cross ange sidekicks actually kind of rule

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hey

Salamandinay gets like four or five attacks.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Samurai Sanders posted:

Three pages of attacks when every other character from the anime gets like three attacks total for the whole game.

and the only ones anyone ever uses are the yo-yo and Cross Anji Spin

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Amendment: pick Chitose and pick Speed. Power is for ungrateful jerks who aren't satisfied with Mazinger ZERO and Might Gaine.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Kill everything with Ange's submachine gun IMO.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The interview continues to be very enlightening and knowing Cu Chulainn is in it almost makes me want to get into Fate. Almost. Hokuto, you have a stray exchange between Anno and Terada before the question about giving Gundam weapons to the Mazinger.

Repeated posts from people in these threads and discord servers have gotten me to watch Cross Ange and I am unironically enjoying it now that I'm halfway into the series.

Looking forward to playing V, picking Chitose and making all the Cross Ange characters superstars in like four years from now when PS4's go on sale.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Vivian forever.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

GimmickMan posted:

Hokuto, you have a stray exchange between Anno and Terada before the question about giving Gundam weapons to the Mazinger.

It's supposed to be a header for the section. If only I formatted these things. :shobon:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Hey

Salamandinay gets like four or five attacks.

But you'll only ever use one since it's so cheap and has such great range after Ace/upgrade bonus.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

and if your experience was like mine, everything in the game killing ange back

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Light Gun Man posted:

and if your experience was like mine, everything in the game killing ange back

I think my Ange died once, when that Fuckface Embryo got a crit on a single digit hit chance on her when she was at full health in the three way route split. Set me back like two to five minutes of work.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think ange ever ever got hit in either of my runs of the game

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
During my play-through Ange had this uncanny ability to get one shotted by random critical hits that had a 3% chance to hit.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
She was strong but crazy fragile on my first run so on play 2 I would give her barriers and stuff. Maybe I was just playing her too risky, I dunno.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I greatly underappreciated Burning in Alpha Gaiden.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Endorph posted:

i dont think ange ever ever got hit in either of my runs of the game

I think she got hit twice for me, both on super low % chance to hits, but she's Flying Chirico so it worked out.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
V is fun. Only had time for the first mission this morning though.

I'm glad I picked Chitose, since the male protagonist has a face that makes me think he should be a villain. Especially when he's flirting he kind of comes across as creepy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Having done both even though they're kinda similar character-wise Chitose just makes so much more sense for the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Getsuya posted:

V is fun. Only had time for the first mission this morning though.

I'm glad I picked Chitose, since the male protagonist has a face that makes me think he should be a villain. Especially when he's flirting he kind of comes across as creepy.

If you pick him people constantly dunk on him for being a bad idiot with terrible pick up lines.

• Locked thread