Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Misanthrope posted:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1518703146046005253

Contract the Golden Knights (along with the Blackhawks)

There's "it's a business" and then there's, like, trying to be the biggest assholes possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Reaves wasn't on the Rangers when DeAngelo was there.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

60 for Matthews. And Kreider ties Graves

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

No worries, they'll flip right back to super ultra engaged when the playoffs start and it'll be awesome

I legit think Sullivan is probably done in Pitt after this first round exit. It is exceedingly obvious Malkin has completely tuned him out and Mike's continued insistence to somehow make the team worse with his line combinations (especially of late) will definitely contribute to his undoing.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1519108323718619136

It's kinda wild to think that it's taken Stamkos 14 seasons to finally get a 100 point season

It’s also wild that he decided to get a casual 21 points in his last 7 games to hit 100.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/nyislanders/status/1519124488322965504?s=21&t=JcOgpOlZ7f7q3_4uySvjcg

The Ilya Samsonov Experience™

fire him into the sun what a waste of a first round draft pick

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I legit think Sullivan is probably done in Pitt after this first round exit. It is exceedingly obvious Malkin has completely tuned him out and Mike's continued insistence to somehow make the team worse with his line combinations (especially of late) will definitely contribute to his undoing.

I'm much more inclined to believe Geno is the one who's about to leave Pittsburgh.

Sullivan'll leave soon after they tear it all down of course, but I'm gonna hang onto my tiny thread of hope that it won't be this summer. By his own accord, that is. I don't think the team is dumb enough to fire the best coach they've had since Scotty Bowman.

e: and didn't he just sign an extension last year

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm much more inclined to believe Geno is the one who's about to leave Pittsburgh.

Sullivan'll leave soon after they tear it all down of course, but I'm gonna hang onto my tiny thread of hope that it won't be this summer. By his own accord, that is. I don't think the team is dumb enough to fire the best coach they've had since Scotty Bowman.

e: and didn't he just sign an extension last year

It does feel like... something is off with Malkin
I do wonder if he's considering retirement or hitting the bricks with his body broken as it is

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShutdownLine/status/1519131230016573440

who's better than carolina? nobody* **

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

I may take some poo poo for this but I miss Tony D

Anthony Duclair

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/AP_Sports/status/1519098255522553858

I wonder what these look like

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1519012955924402176

oh man

Those are promotional Cup rings from Molson Canadian, back from 2017.

The US Border Patrol is promoting press releases on how they seized beer giveaway items.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Everyone should go back and watch the last 10-15 mins of the Preds/Flames game tonight. Lols all fuckin over the place lol here (Matt Duchene getting killed by Milan Lucic) lol there (Saros hurting himself doing...nothing?) lol everywhere (Dave Rittich getting scored on with .1 seconds left and then letting an absolute back breaking trickler in during OT)

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
I'm sorry to be the one that has to tell you all of this, but...

The Vancouver Canucks have officially been eliminated from championship contention.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My apologies, Vancouver. Never rely on the Dallas Stars for anything.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Vegas' playoff chances are now on life support. They'd need to beat both the Hawks and Blues and have the Stars lose to both the Coyotes and Ducks in regulation, so, uh, good luck with that.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's so funny how fast people went from "cool, an expansion team!" to "gently caress those guys" with Vegas

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Kings and Preds are in.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

:sickos:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

Everyone should go back and watch the last 10-15 mins of the Preds/Flames game tonight. Lols all fuckin over the place lol here (Matt Duchene getting killed by Milan Lucic) lol there (Saros hurting himself doing...nothing?) lol everywhere (Dave Rittich getting scored on with .1 seconds left and then letting an absolute back breaking trickler in during OT)
https://mobile.twitter.com/simpler_jack/status/1519123640150757376

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It's so funny how fast people went from "cool, an expansion team!" to "gently caress those guys" with Vegas

To be fair, it's more a case of how fast Vegas went from expansion darlings to just a lovely organization.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I feel like most people were always "gently caress those guys"?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Sooo... Kings/Oilers. Do the Oilers have any good players I should know about?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kilza posted:

Vegas' playoff chances are now on life support. They'd need to beat both the Hawks and Blues and have the Stars lose to both the Coyotes and Ducks in regulation, so, uh, good luck with that.

You saying Dallas can't utterly gently caress this up? We'll show you!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/nyislanders/status/1519124488322965504?s=21&t=JcOgpOlZ7f7q3_4uySvjcg

The Ilya Samsonov Experience™

fire him into the sun what a waste of a first round draft pick

Every time I watch this I find something worse about it.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Mr. Kite posted:

Zach Hyman, Tyson Barrie and Cody Ceci.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Mr. Kite posted:

Evander Kane and Duncan Keith.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HookShot posted:

Every time I watch this I find something worse about it.

I don’t know how much blame is placed on the player and his work ethics, the Caps goalie coach that’s failing to develop him, or the GM that took him in the first round to begin with, but I’m ready to move on. I haven’t seen any development from him this season, or really ever since he was brought up to the NHL. I defended him at the start of the season but that was clearly the wrong hill to die on. He’s a good backup for an average team or maybe a bubble playoff team, but not a cup contender.

I guess we’ll ride or die with Vitek for the round one exit, hopefully we can steal a win or two before it’s over. Let’s keep Vitek next year and see which veterans are out there in free agency. But all our cap space is tied up with our aging core, so it’s not looking good to sign any of the top tier ones. But Sammy needs to go. (He’ll probably drop his goalie stick on the way out the door.)

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

As a caps fan I have disliked them since season 1!

Cartoon Man posted:

I don’t know how much blame is placed on the player and his work ethics, the Caps goalie coach that’s failing to develop him, or the GM that took him in the first round to begin with, but I’m ready to move on. I haven’t seen any development from him this season, or really ever since he was brought up to the NHL. I defended him at the start of the season but that was clearly the wrong hill to die on. He’s a good backup for an average team or maybe a bubble playoff team, but not a cup contender.

I guess we’ll ride or die with Vitek for the round one exit, hopefully we can steal a win or two before it’s over. Let’s keep Vitek next year and see which veterans are out there in free agency. But all our cap space is tied up with our aging core, so it’s not looking good to sign any of the top tier ones. But Sammy needs to go. (He’ll probably drop his goalie stick on the way out the door.)

Vanecek/Fucale seems more likely if they fired sammy into the sun and would still probably be a gong show.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

As a caps fan I have disliked them since season 1!

Vanecek/Fucale seems more likely if they fired sammy into the sun and would still probably be a gong show.

Yeah. The aging core could contend for a cup this year and maybe next year with an above average starting goalie. But that window is about to close for good till the inevitable rebuild comes. Maybe sooner rather than later cause Backstrom looks done and needs to retire.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah. The aging core could contend for a cup this year and maybe next year with an above average starting goalie. But that window is about to close for good till the inevitable rebuild comes. Maybe sooner rather than later cause Backstrom looks done and needs to retire.

But who will pass Ovie the puck and appear on commercials with him if Backstrom retires ?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ineffectivemath/status/1519279576110841856?s=21&t=kz58LXCqSEjCTNFpmwt2UA

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

goldrush posted:

The Vancouver Canucks have officially been eliminated from championship contention.

The inevitable happened. Now please actually make some big changes in the summer I don't want to see this same stale rear end group on the ice in October. This year was fun but boy did a 7 game win streak under Boudreau right at the start of his tenure disguise some hideous warts that were present before and after he was hired. Sadly thanks to [former GM's name redacted] it's all but impossible to move anybody on the roster and the team has no cap space. Hurrah!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I hated them before it was cool. I was quite whiny about it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Who was that one Vegas fan who was constantly and seemingly unironically doom posting even as the team was making the playoffs and had no obvious drop off in sight during the first year or two of the team playing? I blame them for part of it around here at least.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Who was that one Vegas fan who was constantly and seemingly unironically doom posting even as the team was making the playoffs and had no obvious drop off in sight during the first year or two of the team playing? I blame them for part of it around here at least.

come back lessail we love you

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Duckman2008 posted:

But who will pass Ovie the puck and appear on commercials with him if Backstrom retires ?

Kuzy I guess, if the commercials are brands that are coke-friendly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The playoffs are all but decided I think it's time for the great February thread of 2022 to come to an end. Fare thee well sweet prince.