Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

PipeRifle posted:

It's good that he's a good cat for lookin' at because basically that's all he's good for

I mean, Fergus is the definition of an attention seeking pet-me pet-me cat and Reuben is the definition of an aloof, couldn't-give-a-gently caress cat. Lays down just outside petting range, jumps off the lap if you put him there (unless you're wearing the fuzzy blanket), won't stay on the bed or couch if you sit down next to him

But he pretty

That's Daisy in a nutshell, she's very much "no touching". The only exception is if I go to bed before my boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

PipeRifle posted:

It's good that he's a good cat for lookin' at because basically that's all he's good for

I mean, Fergus is the definition of an attention seeking pet-me pet-me cat and Reuben is the definition of an aloof, couldn't-give-a-gently caress cat. Lays down just outside petting range, jumps off the lap if you put him there (unless you're wearing the fuzzy blanket), won't stay on the bed or couch if you sit down next to him

But he pretty

that's totally the opposite of oscar

oscar's not much of a lap catte, but he loooooooves people. new person in the house? time to go give them lots of headbutts. New person on the couch? okay you're my favorite person give me scritches. You're in bed? okay, time to do one of three things:
  • force himself under your arm
  • lay on the headboard and headbutt your head repeatedly
  • lick your hair for hours on end
  • put his paw ever so gently on the back of your neck
  • purr in your ear
but You put me in your lap? okay i'm going to go hide in the shower

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

that drat catte has the patience of a saint

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Holey Smokes

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

trophy somehow has no dignity and all the dignity simultaneously

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
If we could somehow perfectly clone Trophy, personality and all, we would make a fortune selling copies. Throw them in a cardboard box with a plastic window and stack them 20 high at the store.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

i used to be down with those but eventually I felt guilty for putting poop sealed into plastic containers to be found by archeologists in 500 years.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mod sassinator posted:

If we could somehow perfectly clone Trophy, personality and all, we would make a fortune selling copies. Throw them in a cardboard box with a plastic window and stack them 20 high at the store.

this is literally exactly what DSH silver tabby probreeding is btw, from what ive learned

well minus the box part

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

i used to be down with those but eventually I felt guilty for putting poop sealed into plastic containers to be found by archeologists in 500 years.

I doubt they will care with all the breast and penile implants they'll be finding.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

as an archaeologist let me tell you that i would murder someone to find something 3000 years old that is so intact

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you'd get along with one of my little hippie buddies, he's into geology and is always bouncing around montana or utah all summer long then comes back all scruffy and hollerin about rocks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jonny 290 posted:

all scruffy and hollerin about rocks

JESUS CHRIST MARIE
MINERALS

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

rocks own, its the truth.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

A Curvy Goonette posted:

as an archaeologist let me tell you that i would murder someone to find something 3000 years old that is so intact

please tell archaeology stories, tia

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Jonny 290 posted:

this is literally exactly what DSH silver tabby probreeding is btw, from what ive learned

well minus the box part

we were given a cardboard box to transport Trophy home in when we bought her

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

somebody make kitty crack, tia

Only registered members can see post attachments!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

El Gar posted:

we were given a cardboard box to transport Trophy home in when we bought her

was it branded with the cattery?

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
nike cat breeding

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
oh yea i forgot that cats basically leave their poo out in the open. might reconsider getting one

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

scruffy and hollerin about rocks

admins rename NMD into this.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
Lou update:

He spent a week with my gf's parents while we were away and got fleas somehow, even though he never goes outside. I gave him 2 flea baths and I've been brushing him three times a day atleast. Haven't seen any for 2 days now but just the thought makes me itch.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

hoooooooooooly

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
rough night

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

please tell archaeology stories, tia

well i can't really because the stuff we've found hasn't been published yet. archaeology is actually super tedious and requires lots of sifting and sorting and sorting and sorting and i hate sorting.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
sifting is the worst especially when all ur finding is cat nuggets

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

i will say one of the more exciting items was hiking up a talus slump and finding natural sources of volcanic glass that haven't been found before.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Chorrax posted:

Lou update:

He spent a week with my gf's parents while we were away and got fleas somehow, even though he never goes outside. I gave him 2 flea baths and I've been brushing him three times a day atleast. Haven't seen any for 2 days now but just the thought makes me itch.

oh lou.

does his obsession with water and tubs help any with the bathing process

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

lol lou

post more lou

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That's Daisy in a nutshell, she's very much "no touching". The only exception is if I go to bed before my boyfriend.

posting to give some daisy props btw. that is a pretty kitty

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

vapid cutlery posted:

oh yea i forgot that cats basically leave their poo out in the open. might reconsider getting one

covered cat box bro

really dealing with the poo isnt so bad considering that you get awesome cat time out of the deal, but you're apparently some sort of weird dirtsperg so idk if it would really work out the same way for you

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
i just don't understand why one of my cats insists one rocketing out of her litter box with such force that it blows litter everywhere even though it's in in a mostly closed case

it's like her super power but it makes me gag

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
scoopin' is way less of a pain than being dragged out by a dogge 2-3 times a day into blistering heat or shivering cold

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Yodzilla posted:

i just don't understand why one of my cats insists one rocketing out of her litter box with such force that it blows litter everywhere even though it's in in a mostly closed case

nargle did this once when she had a string or something in her poo and she came drifting down the hallway with this turd on a string flopping around like a broken drag chute

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
i would barf out loud

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dealing with cat poo:catte owners::dealing with baby poo:parents

it stops being gross and starts being humorous story fodder

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Having a longhaired cat for the first time is the worst when you first learn the hard way that you have to trim their rear end hair or end up with fossilized poo poo covered in hair attached to your cat

One time Steamboat came out of the litterbox with poo attached and started to sit down next to my wife on the couch, she saw the turd and screamed which freaked out the cat and he launched away, sending the poo bouncing across the room

also the same cat used to run around the house like he was possessed immediately after pooping, but now he's 14 with kidney issues so not so much

emdash fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 15, 2012

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Yodzilla posted:

common accepted answer to this is: poo ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.
when I was a kid our dog ate a piece of tinsel from the christmas tree but only passed it halfway out and didn't understand why the cats kept chasing her butt