Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm surprised you're not just buying the original puppets, to sit on either side of you while you watch movies.

I’ve considered getting full 1:1 replicas but I just don’t have space for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

gregday posted:

I’ve considered getting full 1:1 replicas but I just don’t have space for them.

The most relatable sentiment for us all.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Louisgod posted:

Please do not buy or support Funko
yeah just buy nendoroids instead

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah just buy nendoroids instead

:yeah:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

I am in general principle opposed to Funko Pops but I do kind of want to get a pair of Crow and Tom Servo just because I want some kind of figures of them and haven’t ever found anything else.

This is how it starts, isn’t it?

There’s a well-worn adage: Funko pops suck, until they make one of something you like.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At least Funko doesn't fund 4chan I guess.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Xenomrph posted:

There’s a well-worn adage: Funko pops suck, until they make one of something you like.

I'm inclined to respectfully disagree. I caved and bought a couple Pokemon ones a few years back and came to regret it. One already has been donated and the other is not far from it.

TwoDeer
Jan 13, 2005

I have been afflicted by a horrible curse… anyone have any of the medium to bigger Diaclone reboot they would be interested in selling? I’ve opted to live in a cardboard box.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I bought Rick and Morty pops when the show first came out and that’s all there was.

Still awful. I gave them away for free. They’re just boring and ugly. They make ones for things I adore all the time but gently caress getting em

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I would just like to add that the Batman '66 Nightwing design is incredible. The flares! The chest hair! Also, does this open the door to a '66 Jason because I'm trying to imagine that dynamic and it's cracking me up.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I built a Stormtrooper kit on Saturday for Star Wars day and it scales very nicely with Black Series Vader:

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Louisgod posted:

Please do not buy or support Funko

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
What did funko do again? Is it the landfills full of unsold pops or something else?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Who cares everyone always has some reason. I jsur don’t buy from them bc they make garbage

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

What did funko do again? Is it the landfills full of unsold pops or something else?

Bought Mondo and fired everywhere

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

There's one good Funko

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A purse monster

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

A purse monster

Yeah that’s Kanegon. The name is a play on the Japanese word for money, okane. He eats money to live.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Speak of the devil but I just saw some TMNT Funko dropped today and they have one of Slash that looks incredible.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TheDK posted:

I built a Stormtrooper kit on Saturday for Star Wars day and it scales very nicely with Black Series Vader:

You know, with Vader wielding a lightsaber, you could have just saved yourself the trouble and just scattered all the Stormtrooper parts at this feet.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I figure this would be the place to ask; does anybody remember a line of FF7 figures from back around when the original released? the Bring Arts with the classic designs that are coming out now reminded me of a Vincent toy I had when I was a kid. I distinctly remember leaving it unattended and my best friend's dog chewing his head up lol. I seem to remember they were pretty good sculpts (could just be rose colored glasses), and I remember pretty limited articulation - like I think think maybe the only joints for Vincent were at the neck and elbows? no leg articulation at all I think - but I distinctly remember ball joints at the elbow, not hinges. and I know my friend had the Cloud and Sephiroth of this line; I'm fairly sure the whole party got releases. I've done some googling but cannot find the version I had anywhere. please goons, validate me by finding this toy I'm thinking of! thanks

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

JoeGlassJAw posted:

I figure this would be the place to ask; does anybody remember a line of FF7 figures from back around when the original released? the Bring Arts with the classic designs that are coming out now reminded me of a Vincent toy I had when I was a kid. I distinctly remember leaving it unattended and my best friend's dog chewing his head up lol. I seem to remember they were pretty good sculpts (could just be rose colored glasses), and I remember pretty limited articulation - like I think think maybe the only joints for Vincent were at the neck and elbows? no leg articulation at all I think - but I distinctly remember ball joints at the elbow, not hinges. and I know my friend had the Cloud and Sephiroth of this line; I'm fairly sure the whole party got releases. I've done some googling but cannot find the version I had anywhere. please goons, validate me by finding this toy I'm thinking of! thanks

Yep, you're thinking of the Extra Knights line made by Bandai. I bought them myself when the game first came out all those years ago and have been slowly replacing them with the new Bring Arts that are trickling out. It's rad we finally get Yuffie, Cid and Cait Sith.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Sort of on topic but does anyone have a good airbrush recommendation that won't break the bank?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Yep, you're thinking of the Extra Knights line made by Bandai. I bought them myself when the game first came out all those years ago and have been slowly replacing them with the new Bring Arts that are trickling out. It's rad we finally get Yuffie, Cid and Cait Sith.

Lmao manlet sephiroth

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Still love those classic FF7 figures. I remember wanting the box set my local gaming store had. Some day I'll get those figures, including the little chocobo and toad.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I just got Cloud by himself from that old line. Really funky articulation but they nailed the style.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Sort of on topic but does anyone have a good airbrush recommendation that won't break the bank?

Madworks airbrushes are very inexpensive Iwata clones.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Yeah that’s Kanegon. The name is a play on the Japanese word for money, okane. He eats money to live.

Oh so it's capitalism

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

What's up with Target exclusives? Warbird went up for pre-order and sold out in fractions of a second. That's the 2nd pre-order in a month to do this.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Don't you love it when you ship your Pile of Loot, and the moment it's out of the warehouse, something new drops into your pile?

Unrelated, my Quick Kick came in.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

iceyman posted:

What's up with Target exclusives? Warbird went up for pre-order and sold out in fractions of a second. That's the 2nd pre-order in a month to do this.

Their exclusives tend to be easy to find in store, they just might not put up a large quantity for preorder. I do hope Warbird becomes as easy to find as past Target exclusives because that one is real high on my wish list.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Louisgod posted:

wow, that was fast! these are exactly it, thank you!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

iceyman posted:

Yeah I have no faith in my local Targets getting her in (I never saw Black Widow in stores), if anyone sees an extra and wants to grab her for me I’ll happily pay you back.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Their exclusives tend to be easy to find in store, they just might not put up a large quantity for preorder. I do hope Warbird becomes as easy to find as past Target exclusives because that one is real high on my wish list.

Well, that was not the case with their Track Suit Mafia exclusive.

All the Targets around me are bereft of Marvel Legends and have been for since Christmas. It just feels like Target is not interested in really carrying this line any longer. So why do they keep getting exclusives? Very frustrating. Lost out on Carnage and now Warbird.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah I have no faith in my local Targets getting her in (I never saw Black Widow in stores), if anyone sees an extra and wants to grab her for me I’ll happily pay you back.

That reminds me, has the McFarlane Cassandra Cain shown up in stores?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Dawgstar posted:

There’s a few on the pegs at mine

(I got lucky and scored warbird earlier, don’t hate me folks)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dawgstar posted:

I haven’t seen her in stores, thankfully I was able to get a preorder in.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. I’ve seen her the last few weeks. She’s not nearly as elusive as the Detective #27 Batman.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/danyunistrying/status/1788672997143765454?s=46

Looks like the Zabu wave is showing up in places. Amazon just told me Red Widow will be here next week. Saw some folks posting that a couple had come in stock on Entertainment Earth.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 9, 2024