Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Zzulu posted:

But they did win and that is canon. That's why age of sigmar exists

I want to see the chaos gods get spanked already

Slaanesh would prob like that tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Better than the other way around, probably.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
When you reach the right noise during the day, but you hear the drawer?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Welp, the worst thing has been created.

Honorable mention goes to this giant-breasted anime robot doll with a vulva.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

Yeah pretty much the central themes of both Warhammer settings is that the evil powers won, everything sucks, things will never get better, and all you can do is struggle and fight against the ever encroaching darkness to live another miserable day.

In WFRP 2e it took place just after the Storm of Chaos, so a major theme was "The unstoppable chaos invasion came.... and we kicked their asses. Easier than we were expecting, to be perfectly honest. Now everyone's thinking they don't need to be so concerned by this 'chaos' after all and alliances of necessity are breaking down as everyone wants their slice of the pie."

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The other snag with Chaos is that it fundamentally by its very nature keeps itself in check. If one god starts getting too powerful than 2 of the others, 3 if it gets really bad, gang up on the powerful one until somebody else gets more powerful. It just kind of isn't possible for one Chaos god to get powerful enough to stomp the other two.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

There's definitely a joke here about eating pussy with a vibrating fork, but I'm too tired to make it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The other snag with Chaos is that it fundamentally by its very nature keeps itself in check. If one god starts getting too powerful than 2 of the others, 3 if it gets really bad, gang up on the powerful one until somebody else gets more powerful. It just kind of isn't possible for one Chaos god to get powerful enough to stomp the other two.

Except in the case of the two Ork gods. Gork and Mork supposedly could crush the others with ease...if they weren't so busy fighting eachother.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mokinokaro posted:

Except in the case of the two Ork gods. Gork and Mork supposedly could crush the others with ease...if they weren't so busy fighting eachother.

The Horned Rat bides it's time, conspiring, glad to be forgotten.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

That's the big problem when fundamentally uncreative people add to the background. They start with 4 gods who fundamentally keep each other in check. But then oh yeah then there's these guys who are way more powerful than them.... Oh yeah and some other guys who are even more powerful than even those guys. Etc etc.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Aramoro posted:

That's the big problem when fundamentally uncreative people add to the background. They start with 4 gods who fundamentally keep each other in check. But then oh yeah then there's these guys who are way more powerful than them.... Oh yeah and some other guys who are even more powerful than even those guys. Etc etc.

Eh, it actually fits the whole ork thing. The ork gods and the orkz don't need to actually win anything because it's the fighting they love. Gork and Mork have no reason to bother the others because the others create the carnage they need. A big weakness of them though is that they don't really embody both good and evil concepts as much as the others. They just fight.

Also there were five chaos gods at one time, but the last just kind of faded out of the lore over time.

Tzeentch is the most interesting of the chaos gods anyways. I just love the guy who makes his schemes often so complex they are self-defeating, but he doesn't care because scheming itself is the point.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
There are lots of gods in the setting but the chaos gods get allthe spotlight 🧐

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Bloop posted:

The Horned Rat bides it's time, conspiring, glad to be forgotten.

The Skaven actually manage to be worse than everyone else in the infighting department mind because they're literally cartoon villains who come within a hair of victory before their whole plan falls apart because of infighting and overconfidence.

Funny thing is lore-wise the most successful thing they've done is probably gently caress up Nagash's poo poo in an extremely Skaven way; relentless cheating, creating the magical artifact equivalent of a dirty bomb and tricking and mind-controlling a 'hero' into wielding it, then leading him to Nagash in a magical equivalent of Twitch Plays Pokemon.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Collapsing Farts posted:

There are lots of gods in the setting but the chaos gods get allthe spotlight 🧐

Sounds like people forgot about The God Emperor.

Sounds like... Heresy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Aramoro posted:

The best part of the Warhammer setting is that there's ten different things that could destroy the universe but they get in each other's way like the three stooges trying to get through a doorway at the same time.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Mokinokaro posted:

Nano Nano ?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Funny thing is lore-wise the most successful thing they've done is probably gently caress up Nagash's poo poo in an extremely Skaven way; relentless cheating, creating the magical artifact equivalent of a dirty bomb and tricking and mind-controlling a 'hero' into wielding it, then leading him to Nagash in a magical equivalent of Twitch Plays Pokemon.

and it was fabulous

Their god thrives on their backstabbing more than he would on them actually succeeding at anything. They're just like the Orcs/Orks in that if they were actually inclined to follow a single leader for just a very short time, they could easily overwhelm the forces of order with sheer numbers. But they don't. ever.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Knormal posted:

at least it has a flared base

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

:same:

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
So that cursed house on Zillow (the one with the ?tree? through the room) that was posted around PYF recently just sold so there aren't pictures on the site anymore. Anyone have them? My dumb idiot friends are too slow clicking discord links it seems

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Evilreaver posted:

So that cursed house on Zillow (the one with the ?tree? through the room) that was posted around PYF recently just sold so there aren't pictures on the site anymore. Anyone have them? My dumb idiot friends are too slow clicking discord links it seems

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431884&pagenumber=725&perpage=40#post497010050

The images in that post still load for me, even though they're hosted on Zillow, so be quick I guess.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Knormal posted:

Why would you build a robot that absolutely cant pass for human and then also give it enormous unwieldy tits?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Why would you build a robot that absolutely cant pass for human and then also give it enormous unwieldy tits?

To have sex with it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Are you completely new to the internet?
There's absolutely no shortage of weird sad pervos.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

By popular demand posted:

Are you completely new to the internet?
There's absolutely no shortage of weird sad pervos.

I just imagine a sex robot as y'know, actually resembling a human, rather than an Aibo with hooters.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Knormal posted:

If you think that's the worst thing then you must have missed that Japanese creation with the 6 holes to simulate penetrating the same women at different parts of her development, plus one for her unchanging anus. It's called Life or something and I hope it was fake.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I just imagine a sex robot as y'know, actually resembling a human, rather than an Aibo with hooters.

Some people want to gently caress aibos.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Hmmm yes private companies owning the government is the same thing as the government owning all companies.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I don't really understand Warhams, and I bounced directly off the Abnett book that was supposed to be good, so I don't know if there are gods of Order in the setting.

Regardless, the problem with gods of Order is that they inevitably decide that their nice universe of rotating spheres would be much better without all these creatures wandering around loving everything up.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Statist communism is pretty close to fascism, imo. The fascio is ideological instead of ethnical, but same principles of "domestic enemy" and such are used to deal with dissent.

Source: lived in communism, de-facto fascism, and actual fascism (US) so far.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Beachcomber posted:

I don't really understand Warhams, and I bounced directly off the Abnett book that was supposed to be good, so I don't know if there are gods of Order in the setting.

Regardless, the problem with gods of Order is that they inevitably decide that their nice universe of rotating spheres would be much better without all these creatures wandering around loving everything up.

In 40k there's the God-Emperor of man, who sucks and is dead and can barely manage to do some miracles every now and then. In Age of Sigmar there's multiple Order-aligned Gods, including Sigmar, a dragon worshiped by magic frogs, and a few Elf gods

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

shut the gently caress up about warhammer, and also stop submitting reports about loving warhammer.