Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got this at work and jesus, I've never seen statues this big available to the public

Captain Invictus posted:

hooooly moly, I saw a Marvel logo on this box and was wondering what it was and why there was a gigantic, heavy Marvel box on a bulk cart.

well, it's because it's a 1/3 scale statue of The Incredible Hulk, that's why! like holy loving poo poo that's a crazy big statue

it's by these guys, so yeah, they make massive, intricately detailed, superheavy and insanely expensive display statues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I went into Ollie’s today, and they had a HUGE stack of Starting Lineup figures for $7 each. Only 3 guys to choose from, but so, so many of them. Very tempted to grab a couple for parts, because I think they’re essentially ML compatible (right?)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Begins hell yes

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Captain Invictus posted:

I got this at work and jesus, I've never seen statues this big available to the public

There are literally thousands of statues this size and bigger available to the public. Wish I could afford stuff that big, and have my own museum wing to display them in.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, I know that now, but like, stuff like this was at the upper limit of what I knew about before, this was what I considered the biggest thing available to regular folks:

Meanwhile that hulk is literally almost as big as that man. Like it's head is almost as big as his. And it's "only" a few thousand dollars. It's wild to me, I've never really seen statues like those before, and that company has a whole bunch of them. Including a bust of optimus prime that is proportionally bigger than a person! poo poo is crazy(as are the people who buy them)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have one XM statue, but it’s 1/4 so that makes a significant difference. Plus it’s not the Hulk.

They don’t have the Marvel license in North America so they’re expensive to get here. Easy enough with Spec Fiction, just shipping cost is high.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Mezco animated turtles look real loving good. Up tomorrow at 1pm ET. I like the bit of texture work.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

The Mezco animated turtles look real loving good. Up tomorrow at 1pm ET. I like the bit of texture work.

I don't think they look bad or anything but the realistic skin texture and cartoon faces is throwing me off a little. Did they just put new heads on the original body sculpts? That first release set looked so amazing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks like it, eh? A new coat of paint on an existing mold.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1790787673352802496

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh, the turtles are actually available today. :lol:

$400 lmao

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-deluxe-animated-series-edition

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That makes sense. 100 for each. Standard for one12

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’m hoping this knocks the price down a bit for the first set, I would like to pick it up but not for 6-700 bucks.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Martian manhunter bizarro? That's gonna be weird.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wouldn't the bizarre be the Venus WomanQuarry?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Wouldn't the bizarre be the Venus WomanQuarry?

By that logic Bizarro himself should be UnimpressiveWoman.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Next week

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1790823537864855900

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Matty social media posting horny

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Martian manhunter bizarro? That's gonna be weird.

Apparently that whole list was an April fool’s prank after all

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Struggling artist for sale!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh no, my favourite MOTU figure as a kid :ohdear:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Watching the X-Men finale made me realise we really need a Cloak figure with everything but his head and outer facing cloak painted with vantablack. Somebody get on it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sentinel Red posted:

Watching the X-Men finale made me realise we really need a Cloak figure with everything but his head and outer facing cloak painted with vantablack. Somebody get on it.

Sorry to pester you, but any chance you have a photo of your Figuarts Chewie you coule share? :shobon:

With my luck, even if I end up buying a Solo Chewie to mod, they’ll turn around and announce a rerelease of ANH Chewie.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Got a few new dudes

Walmart find: no Merman though

Select Cap

Kilowog, the best Lantern

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Finally.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1790940487529967811

Nanigans posted:

Sorry to pester you, but any chance you have a photo of your Figuarts Chewie you coule share? :shobon:

With my luck, even if I end up buying a Solo Chewie to mod, they’ll turn around and announce a rerelease of ANH Chewie.

Sorry, will sort one out for you at the weekend, this week's been a bit hectic!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Huh I’ve been out of the World of Nintendo loop for a while and just saw Jakks finally released a 4” Daisy. I checked a Gamestop near me and couldn’t find her so gonna put out the plea here for anybody who runs into her to grab one for me! Also gonna post a bunch of figures I have sitting around that folks may want to buy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Huh I’ve been out of the World of Nintendo loop for a while and just saw Jakks finally released a 4” Daisy. I checked a Gamestop near me and couldn’t find her so gonna put out the plea here for anybody who runs into her to grab one for me! Also gonna post a bunch of figures I have sitting around that folks may want to buy.

There was one at my local GameStop last Thursday, I’ll check for you today.

I, on the other hand, fully didn’t expect to find one in the wild and immediately ordered one at a markup on eBay ($20 after shipping, but still).

Kinda kicking myself for that one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
WELP, checked the other Gamestop in town and they had one up front and center, so yay for me. Also found a 4” Toadette.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Louisgod posted:

WELP, checked the other Gamestop in town and they had one up front and center, so yay for me. Also found a 4” Toadette.

Mine was at gamestop so I was going to suggest it. But you beat me to the punch.
Going to a con tomorrow. If I come home empty handed I’m going to post some beggingwants so I can finish some displays.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Saves me the trip!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
drat. Gonna need both Daisy and Toadette!! I’ll be in Seattle next week. Gonna check then.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

4 Horsemen King Tut?

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1791422672884133919

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That'd be kinda weird, he wouldn't have anything in tutencommon with the rest of em!

:haw:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Korraaaaaaaaaaaaaa, mataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lovely to have the lads together at last.

Also, here you go Nan:

So yeah, the width of the Black Series crossbow is perhaps a smidgen over the top by ever so slightly a tad (it fits fine in his hand, it's literally just the bow part that's mental) but I'm happy enough with him, plus can always slap the Solo gear back on if I fancy switching things up. I think some prefer the height of the Hasbro one but he's still the tallest boy in the room regardless..!

That said, the rate they've been going lately, I imagine they'll just re-release pretty much everyone in the next year or two anyway so you may as well just hold out for the AHN if it's the one you're really after.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sentinel Red posted:

Korraaaaaaaaaaaaaa, mataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lovely to have the lads together at last.

Also, here you go Nan:

So yeah, the width of the Black Series crossbow is perhaps a smidgen over the top by ever so slightly a tad (it fits fine in his hand, it's literally just the bow part that's mental) but I'm happy enough with him, plus can always slap the Solo gear back on if I fancy switching things up. I think some prefer the height of the Hasbro one but he's still the tallest boy in the room regardless..!

That said, the rate they've been going lately, I imagine they'll just re-release pretty much everyone in the next year or two anyway so you may as well just hold out for the AHN if it's the one you're really after.

Thanks!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The lyrics are actually corn on…the cob

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://x.com/preterniadotcom/status/1791582985898103279

(No Cable, already sold-out.)

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/armored-core-model-kit-preorder-guide/2900-5403/

Ugh, I did NOT need to know these are being released and that you can swap around parts from different kits. The only thing holding me back from these is I'd rather have Battletech model kits with swappable parts.

Which, as I've said before, someone needs to get on that because there's a severe lack of modern Battletech toys (which is an odd thing for a VERY toyetic franchise).

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 17, 2024

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

BBTS has filled all my preorders from the wave, except Cable. I hope he's not delayed too much because I want the dang BAF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I got a charging soon notification from Pulse for everyone but Cable, who still says May 28