Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh no. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1792952940254122241?t=xx7OEGmm5njqDTLg6LJIkw&s=19

You know, I love glow-in-the-dark action figures, but even I know McFarlane is phoning it in here.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Thanks but I'll wait for the Gold Label Glow In The Dark variant with a slightly open mouth, which will of course be Jokerfied

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Louisgod posted:

Thanks but I'll wait for the Gold Label Glow In The Dark variant with a slightly open mouth, which will of course be Jokerfied

He's got a whole slew of Lanterns he could do but he picks a character that... Doesn't glow at all.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

McFarlane back again with the consistently bizarre choices!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Somehow still in business!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Masterverse Leech and SyKline came in at BBTS. I look forward to getting them in a week and a half.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Shiftypenguin posted:

He's got a whole slew of Lanterns he could do but he picks a character that... Doesn't glow at all.

He’s green, at least!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Hell yes, another team complete. Now give me Rachel Summers and I'll be extra happy, though I'm still making my way through X-Men '97, I'm sure there will be more wants coming.

I love Strong Guy so much but he can't stand worth a poo poo and I haven't come up with a good solution other than cursing god

e: also happy to give the Zabu BAF piece that came with Wolfsbane if anybody wants it.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 21, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I didn't know we got a complete PAD X-Factor. Neat!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joe Fisto posted:

This is one Kirby-rear end bastard

Nice, can't wait to get him. Ka-Zar and Ikaris will be here on Saturday. I already have Feral, Cable, Red Widow, and Black Winter Thor. Gotta have me a Zabu. Made the mistake of accidentally purchasing a Cable through two different sites so I'll have a second one here on Saturday too. Not sure what I'm going to do with that, haha. I didn't especially want the Red Widow and definitely didn't want the Black Winter Thor, but as said gotta have a Zabu.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

X-O posted:

Nice, can't wait to get him. Ka-Zar and Ikaris will be here on Saturday. I already have Feral, Cable, Red Widow, and Black Winter Thor. Gotta have me a Zabu. Made the mistake of accidentally purchasing a Cable through two different sites so I'll have a second one here on Saturday too. Not sure what I'm going to do with that, haha. I didn't especially want the Red Widow and definitely didn't want the Black Winter Thor, but as said gotta have a Zabu.

I've lost count of the number of times I've purchased a whole wave just for the BAF. Think it started in 2006 with Mojo and Onslaught.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

X-O posted:

Cable is the only one from that wave I don't have on the way yet. Amazon hasn't shipped him or She-Hulk from the retro wave.

I didn't want Black Winter either, but he will look good on a cosmic shelf. Red Widow will fit in with the Winter Guard, the couple I do have.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

Cable is the only one from that wave I don't have on the way yet. Amazon hasn't shipped him or She-Hulk from the retro wave.

I didn't want Black Winter either, but he will look good on a cosmic shelf. Red Widow will fit in with the Winter Guard, the couple I do have.

BBTS hasn't shipped Cable to me either, I wonder if all suppliers straight up didn't get him in yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This will be my first build a figure. Zabu is a good one to start on. I love Ka-Zar. I like everyone that nobody else cares about. like some of the first figures I bought after Doom and the FF were Quasar, Darkhawk, Namorita, Speedball, Justice, Moon Knight, Sleep Walker, and Night Thrasher. That's what I like.

EDIT: I did buy an Apocalypse BAF off Ebay but this will the first one I build myself.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Louisgod posted:

Hell yes, another team complete. Now give me Rachel Summers and I'll be extra happy, though I'm still making my way through X-Men '97, I'm sure there will be more wants coming.

I love Strong Guy so much but he can't stand worth a poo poo and I haven't come up with a good solution other than cursing god

e: also happy to give the Zabu BAF piece that came with Wolfsbane if anybody wants it.

The figure stands from canofbeams are fantastic.

https://canofbeams.com/products/hex-base

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah those hex stands rule

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

TheDK posted:

The figure stands from canofbeams are fantastic.

https://canofbeams.com/products/hex-base

Excellent, thank you! Ordered 10 because they will absolutely get used.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think the only time I bought an entire wave for the BAF was for MCU Big Thor

I may have also bought a KO 1/6 scale figure of same

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

A man and his kitty

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tell him to watch out for fly by birds and or camera parts

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I only see 2 legs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone asked me my Top 5 earlier and a new one has entered near, if not at the very top.

Mafex Magneto. drat he's a good one.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

My most shameful BAF purchase was the entire Khonshu wave at full price, when I literally did not want any of those figures. That one still hurts. That was such a poo poo wave. I still see those figures warming the pegs. But Khonshu was as close to the top of my Marvel wish list as a guy could get, pretty much. I loved that character in the comics and the TV show, and I had to have that loving BAF immediately. I paid what, $175 for that figure, basically. I love that figure, but I'm still mad.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

My most shameful BAF purchase was the entire Khonshu wave at full price, when I literally did not want any of those figures. That one still hurts. That was such a poo poo wave. I still see those figures warming the pegs. But Khonshu was as close to the top of my Marvel wish list as a guy could get, pretty much. I loved that character in the comics and the TV show, and I had to have that loving BAF immediately. I paid what, $175 for that figure, basically. I love that figure, but I'm still mad.

I will eventually try to get Khonshu on eBay fully formed on its own. I have the modern Moon Knight Marvel Legend and a custom Mr. Knight figure with all cloth suit already so I definitely need Khonshu to go with it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

My big BAF woe is Annihilus; every figure in that wave is godawful and that includes the baf. It’s the first and only wave I’ve ever felt such regret for buying. To compound it, they’ve still yet to make updated versions of half the wave so the only options at the moment for a comic look Green Scar, green outfit Banshee, or Annihilus are those travesties.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This looks pretty good!

https://x.com/Spicy_Psy_Duck/status/1793257121364217866

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Orgins Extendar in about half an hour.

https://x.com/preterniadotcom/status/1790823537864855900

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Which company is this? I remember it leaking/being rumored a while back.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

PriorMarcus posted:

Which company is this? I remember it leaking/being rumored a while back.

Spin Master

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Spin Master

The fuckin Paw Patrol guys are finally using their obscene Paw Patrol wealth for good, huh?

On that note I keep wondering how long it will take for somebody to make adult collector Paw Patrol toys, that's when I'll know I'm officially old.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’m sure Bad Dragon makes what you’re looking for there.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You had to take it there, huh?

I just got an Origins Extendar, seemingly without issue. It sucks having to pay almost $30 for each Origins figure after tax and shipping, but at least they seem committed to finishing the vintage line.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So if anybody was waiting to grab the G.I. Joe Classified Series Crimson Strike three-pack it appears to have been discounted another 12-15 bucks down to just below 50.

edit: new price on Pulse*

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Does anybody care about those DC logo trading card holder thingies that come with certain McFarlane DC figures? Because I don't, and I have a pile of them that I don't want. Before I decide to just throw them out, figured I'd ask if anyone wants them.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

That Wal-Mart exclusive Giant Man BAF wave nearly broke me back in the day. I drove around to so many stores, found only 2 figures, and then had to buy the entire wave on eBay because it was cheaper than doing it piecemeal.

The finished figure was cool, but I wasted so much money buying and selling the figures I didn’t want. And then Hasbro took over the line and I hated their first waves so much I sold off my entire ML collection anyway. I was all-in on collecting every Avenger until Hasbro’s Tigra looked so bad I didn’t want to display it with the rest of the team.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rumor has it that Sascha Baron Cohen is going to be in the upcoming MOTU movie. I don't think I want to watch his movies anymore. I don't think he's a nice person.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Perfect for Skeletor

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I stumbled upon the entire giant man wave. I was broke as hell. Walmart still had layaway so I did that.

Well, I forgot about it and was way late picking it up. Still broke, I went and checked if they still had it. They did and I just charged it to a card with an impossibly high balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm trying to remember the last time I came across a whole ML wave at a store and I think maybe it was Sugar Man's.

Amazon's pushed my order of Jinx and the Night Creeper(s) back a month. :smith: