Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hinoka is just being bullied... two superbanes that knock her down a BST scoring bracket, a lovely super boon, mediocre speed and attack... idiots disparaging her voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

Why not? My other flier team could certainly use her.

Because of flier mobility. You're never going to engage an armour unit on anything but the most positive terms. GRobin was a lot better for flier teams because she actually addresses their main issue which is BLyn getting danced and killing something.

I suppose my opinion is a little skewed though because I have 3 bladetome fliers and enough hone fliers to make at least two teams for them (H!Nowi unfortunately forces a double up there)

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Centzon Totochtin posted:

That's the most uselss stat!!!

Pulled a +HP/-Atk Hinoka and this is proving accurate.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

The Manticore posted:

Pulled a +HP/-Atk Hinoka and this is proving accurate.

Hello fellow +hp'ier! Mine is -spd though so I think I'm even more screwed.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Does Kana want LB or her normal breath?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Pulling a few more orbs got me a +DEF/-HP Kana and more importantly, the +SPD/-DEF Titania I've been waiting for! I've put her aside for other merge projects, but now that Titania is available at 3* and I have one with the right IVs, it's time to finally start merging her to +10 alongside Sophia.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Finished levelling and inheriting my Flying Hinoka and jesus christ, flying version of Bow Lyn. I don't have any bladetomb cav or flyers but if they are all this level of powerful it's insanity. Plowed right through the lunatic story like nothing. Stock kit with Swift Sparrow and she's a monster, can't decide on if I'm going to give her brave bow+, if I had a firesweep I'd give it to her instantly though.

Washout fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 24, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't think I've ever given any particular thought to suberboons or banes.

I don't really care about IV's in general since I Just slap Fury and don't care about arena

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

At this point I care way more about the IVs on 4/3* units I pull, because getting -ATK or -SPD on someone who only sees use in AA isn't a big deal.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I only invest rare/desirable skills into units with good IVs

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
As the one person who ever married Reina in Fates, I declare this banner to be bullshit

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Hinoka is just being bullied... two superbanes that knock her down a BST scoring bracket, a lovely super boon, mediocre speed and attack... idiots disparaging her voice

???
Compared to Brave Lyn, Bow Hinoka has +2 Hp/ -1 Atk / 0 Spd/ -1 Def/ +1 Res, and they both have +3Spd Prf bows. Sure she lacks Sacae's Blessing, but armor effectiveness is really good in the age brave/vengeful fighter.

EDIT: Sacae's Blessing isn't that big of a loss. A +Spd Bow Hinoka with swift sparrow and hone flyers hits 56/51 offenses. Give her a goad flyers, and she has 90 attack against armors. An unmerged Bow Hinoka with flyer buffs can one-shot an unmerged M!Grima with steady breath. Flyer buffs are real good.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 24, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Arena has screwed up when it makes people see 35 base speed and go "too slow"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
35 speed really means like 45+ tbh, after IVs, refines, and skills

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tae posted:

Arena has screwed up when it makes people see 35 base speed and go "too slow"

35 is definitely way too slow these days. bride cordelia used to be part of my arena core, but she can't get brave bow doubles anymore

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

35 speed really means like 45+ tbh, after IVs, refines, and skills

yeah 35 is pretty solid for base speed before other things. I will say that I don't think extra speed starts losing value on fast units until nearly 50, though.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Kind of wish I had a second Alfonse to give her a Spoon, I don't like foddering off seasonal units when I only have one of them. Slaying Axe isn't that different in terms of performance (I think), but a giant spoon is much cooler. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up giving Titania a weapon refinement at some point, though.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ALFbrot posted:

As the one person who ever married Reina in Fates, I declare this banner to be bullshit

I'd be right there with you except I never actually finished my male Corrin run of Birthright. She's the only lady in that game I would be remotely interested in marrying. So yes, agreed it is bullshit.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Washout posted:

Finished levelling and inheriting my Flying Hinoka and jesus christ, flying version of Bow Lyn. I don't have any bladetomb cav or flyers but if they are all this level of powerful it's insanity. Plowed right through the lunatic story like nothing. Stock kit with Swift Sparrow and she's a monster, can't decide on if I'm going to give her brave bow+, if I had a firesweep I'd give it to her instantly though.

Why did you give her swift sparrow when she comes with attack/speed bond? Its not like its hard to have someone next to her when she has 2 skills in her base kit that facilitate this

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

golden bubble posted:

???
Compared to Brave Lyn, Bow Hinoka has +2 Hp/ -1 Atk / 0 Spd/ -1 Def/ +1 Res, and they both have +3Spd Prf bows. Sure she lacks Sacae's Blessing, but armor effectiveness is really good in the age brave/vengeful fighter.

EDIT: Sacae's Blessing isn't that big of a loss. A +Spd Bow Hinoka with swift sparrow and hone flyers hits 56/51 offenses. Give her a goad flyers, and she has 90 attack against armors. An unmerged Bow Hinoka with flyer buffs can one-shot an unmerged M!Grima with steady breath. Flyer buffs are real good.

What if you don't have Hone Fliers like 75% of players?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Alxprit posted:

before i got hone flier access I did goad stacking. The fact flying units can move anywhere makes it really flexible
In fact I still use that on some of my flying teams, it's pretty great

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Alxprit posted:

This:

rannum posted:

before i got hone flier access I did goad stacking. The fact flying units can move anywhere makes it really flexible
In fact I still use that on some of my flying teams, it's pretty great

Quad goad is just as good with Bow Hinoka's flyer formation. You only need hone flyers for flying bladetomes. It's like how quad ward armor is a valid sidegrade to double armor march + hone armor + fortify armor.

I predict Reina will one day be the M!Kana for hone flyers.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 25, 2018

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Well, I'll think about it, but my flying team currently includes Myrrh with Hone Dragons and I don't really want to get rid of that as a F!Grima partner. F!Grima and whoever else the team will have that can compliment Hinoka can probably eat Goad Fliers well enough anyway - Res Smoke isn't helpful anyway.

EDIT:

Random question - now that I have a second Genny, who wants Wrathful Staff that isn't named Elise? Is there a decent horse-bound healer, maybe, that could be cool to promote and give some extra damaging potential to with the Gravity-bomb? Preferably someone that's fast? I don't really know healer stats, but I feel like I'd want a good horse one in addition to Genny being my good infantry one.

Alxprit fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 25, 2018

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alxprit posted:

Well, I'll think about it, but my flying team currently includes Myrrh with Hone Dragons and I don't really want to get rid of that as a F!Grima partner. F!Grima and whoever else the team will have that can compliment Hinoka can probably eat Goad Fliers well enough anyway - Res Smoke isn't helpful anyway.

EDIT:

Random question - now that I have a second Genny, who wants Wrathful Staff that isn't named Elise? Is there a decent horse-bound healer, maybe, that could be cool to promote and give some extra damaging potential to with the Gravity-bomb? Preferably someone that's fast? I don't really know healer stats, but I feel like I'd want a good horse one in addition to Genny being my good infantry one.

All the horse healers are pretty similar so just choose your favorite

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

golden bubble posted:

It's like how quad ward armor is a valid sidegrade to double armor march + hone armor + fortify armor.

I have no idea why they didn't just give us an Armor March seal instead of Armored Boots. March is just as rare a C skill as Guidance, and we got that seal pretty early on.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

BoneDaddy1969 posted:

I have no idea why they didn't just give us an Armor March seal instead of Armored Boots. March is just as rare a C skill as Guidance, and we got that seal pretty early on.

Probably so any one who wanted to use an armor could use an armor on any team. I use it all the time for GHBs or Blessing maps, so I'm kind of happy armor march
That said, I'm sure Armor March will get into the sacred seal pool eventually since there doesn't seem to be anything off limits.

e: Also there's been a number of skills, seals and special weapon refines that bolster mixed emblem teams. Armor Boots fits that more than Armor March

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Decided to pull a few for Hinoka because I am addicted to making flier teams (currently working on my 4th).

I got her after 40 orbs.

-SPD

I'm not playing with this banner any more. :saddowns:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Alxprit posted:

EDIT:

Priscilla. She's only just a couple points shy of Elise for attack. She can Gravity bomb with the best of them.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Spent 42 orbs got my third Faye. I'll use her to merge into the other one and then I'll have a spare firesweep bow.

Got my first Soleil and Nanna too.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So it seems that Kinshinoka has an unused animation that only shows up in the Hero Catalogue and supports. Shame, the back flip after an attack looks good.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

So it seems that Kinshinoka has an unused animation that only shows up in the Hero Catalogue and supports. Shame, the back flip after an attack looks good.

Don't blessed heroes do the flips as part of their attacks?
Having the flip in the catalog is probably an error (Fjorm, who absolutely does flips, only does a basic slash in the screen), but it may not be unused per say

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I kinda got bored and decided to analyze arena theory. It turns out arena Tiers 7-20 form an irreducible, ergodic discrete Markov chain. That means the distribution of active Arena players will stabilize in the long run. If that didn't make much sense, the only thing that matters is that arena will eventually look like this:

T20: Top 2.13% of active arena players

T19.5: Next 9.95% of active arena players

T18.5: Next 18.48% of active arena players

T17.5: Next 27.72% of active arena players

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Cool I got Kana after like 50 orbs :)

Last night I was pulling with some TT orbs, and I got to one group with only one green and I was like "i can sense... this is 100% dragon princess"

>bartre

"AAAAA NO"

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

golden bubble posted:

I kinda got bored and decided to analyze arena theory. It turns out arena Tiers 7-20 form an irreducible, ergodic discrete Markov chain. That means the distribution of active Arena players will stabilize in the long run. If that didn't make much sense, the only thing that matters is that arena will eventually look like this:

T20: Top 2.13% of active arena players

T19.5: Next 9.95% of active arena players

T18.5: Next 18.48% of active arena players

T17.5: Next 27.72% of active arena players

This isn't quite true because infinitely many people can exist at the same ranking due to how arena calculates score, bundles of a dozen+ people can promote together under the same 'rank' association, so you can get considerably more than just the ~4k people who are supposed to be 'allowed' to promote to t20, for example, and this occurs at all ranks.

It's a weird system.

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light
Maybe it was just me but this BHB had some very easy quests. Maybe they need to give us something harder to do with a little bigger reward?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I forgot that we even got a new BHB

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My first +10 project was Subaki, because clearly I hate Quick Riposte fodder.

My second +10 project was Barst, because clearly I hate Reposition fodder.

Now I'm considering +10ing Sothe, because clearly I hate Life and Death fodder.

I might need help.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ApplesandOranges posted:

My first +10 project was Subaki, because clearly I hate Quick Riposte fodder.

My second +10 project was Barst, because clearly I hate Reposition fodder.

Now I'm considering +10ing Sothe, because clearly I hate Life and Death fodder.

I might need help.

Give them to me, I could use them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

personally I'm still on phase 2 of metagame

AFAICT, phase 1 is "use feathers to promote units to use on content", phase 2 is "use feathers to promote units to give your active-duty units their optimal skill loadouts," and phase 3 is "use feathers to build up whaley multimerge projects"

I'm still out of Shannas and have roughly a zillion units that want Desperation, so I'm gonna be on phase 2 for a while

phases 4 through infinity are "use feathers on your vanity projects"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think I've only ever promoted a unit as fodder twice - a Cordelia for Galeforce and a Cecilia for Gronnraven+.