Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

The REAL Goobusters posted:

just copped tickets for the Earl Sweatshirt, Action Bronson, Alchemist & Boldy James tour.

I went to this recently. Bronson in particular was excellent. Earl was very good, too, but his music doesn’t translate as well to a concert setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i remember exactly where i was like 20 years ago when i heard respiration for the first time but if those dudes have something interesting to rap about today ill be pleasantly surprised

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

woulda said the same thing about tribe tho and we got it from here was like top 3 albums that year

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
And to go outside of rap, there have been plenty of successful reunions after 15 or 20 years lately. Slowdive, mbv, portishead etc...

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Portishead? I thought they were just taking their time on their fourth album. Kind of like Black Star lmao

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Venomous posted:

Portishead? I thought they were just taking their time on their fourth album. Kind of like Black Star lmao

It was 11 years between the second and third albums. I've never really liked Third, but it was well received.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Mickolution posted:

It was 11 years between the second and third albums. I've never really liked Third, but it was well received.

Sure, but I don't think they really broke up as such between 1999 and 2005. They were on hiatus and doing their own things, for sure, but idk if that's a breakup and a reunion in the traditional sense. Maybe I'm quibbling here, idk, but I don't think it's the same as MBV, who definitely broke up between 1995 and 1997 and reunited in 2007, or Slowdive, who broke up in 1995 and reunited in 2014.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Venomous posted:

Sure, but I don't think they really broke up as such between 1999 and 2005. They were on hiatus and doing their own things, for sure, but idk if that's a breakup and a reunion in the traditional sense. Maybe I'm quibbling here, idk, but I don't think it's the same as MBV, who definitely broke up between 1995 and 1997 and reunited in 2007, or Slowdive, who broke up in 1995 and reunited in 2014.

I guess, although I don't know how much Portishead did together in that time. Pavement never split either I don't think and their upcoming tour is being billed as a reunion tour.

I don't know if Black Star was ever really an ongoing concern as a group or just a project they picked up from time to time. They've certainly toured in the intervening years, I saw them around 10 years ago.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Omerta posted:

I went to this recently. Bronson in particular was excellent. Earl was very good, too, but his music doesn’t translate as well to a concert setting.

Amazing show. Boldy with alchemist was sick. Earl was definitely more laid back but he brought the heat, and was really funny.

But real talk action Bronson is just a loving insane performer. He stole the night for sure, love him

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

whos that broooown posted:

And to go outside of rap, there have been plenty of successful reunions after 15 or 20 years lately. Slowdive, mbv, portishead etc...

The Avalanches, William Shatner, Sleep

or hell still in hip-hop we have Dre's Compton

Lid fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 1, 2022

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

yeah except the reason compton was good is cause dre barely rapped and didnt write it

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

But real talk action Bronson is just a loving insane performer. He stole the night for sure, love him

love bronson i went to his show in philly recently but got there like 2 hours after doors opened cause we thought there would be an opener and delays etc but when we walked in he had just started the encore so we only heard like 4 songs. they were all heaters tho so oh well but anyways if youre seeing bronson show up on time

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That’s my kind of performer, hell yeah.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
They got every lil out there

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

They got every lil out there

No lil b no care

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
New Conway the Machine album slaps

also

Harminoff posted:

No lil b no care

Imagine how much healing could happen in the world if the headliners were Lil B | Viper | Ice JJ Fish

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
double take that Soulja Boy is on there

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

DumbparameciuM posted:

New Conway the Machine album slaps

also

Imagine how much healing could happen in the world if the headliners were Lil B | Viper | Ice JJ Fish

lil b is better than the entire griselda roster

speaking of which I got around to listening to roc marciano’s newer stuff and thought to myself ‘man he must like lil b’ only to find an interview of him saying lil b is one of his favourite artists

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
new Fat just dropped. beat is crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giJpfRASL2o

he said "new music next Wednesday" so we'll see if that's a new tape or a EP or what

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

skipmyseashells posted:

lil b is better than the entire griselda roster

Yeah well he announced he's bouncing off the label, so, yeah.

Also, don't tell nobody

Heaven or Hell is pretty decent except for the lovely vocal outro don't loving @ me about it I don't want to like Donda 2.

prayer group posted:

he said "new music next Wednesday" so we'll see if that's a new tape or a EP or what

Fat Her never stopped being good

DPM fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Mar 2, 2022

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

looking at that Rolling Loud lineup, and i spot an artist: "300LBS OF GUWOP"

i googled that. it's a duo from Daytona Beach.

thesource.com wrote about them in 2017.

interesting.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It’s a stacked lineup. But would never go since it’s run by rolling loud.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It’s a stacked lineup. But would never go since it’s run by rolling loud.

That plus Hard Rock is a loving nightmare to get in an out of. I sat in my car for 2 hours before we started moving when I left a Jay Z show there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Bandcamp/status/1499068917947510788

wtf

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kim is finally free

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Right as Kanye dropped the video for Eazy with him murdering Skete on Instagram

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Watched the final kanye documentary part. A fascinating look into his creative process when he's writing music but also designing his clothes/shoes. He throws himself into the work.

But also it was heart breaking to see Kanye watch Tucker Carlson on his phone and push back to everyone that was saying he was being negative. Coodie, director, makes a point that people miss the old Kanye, but the documentary proves that Kanye has always been like this.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

prayer group posted:

This is great; and I hope it's a new album.

But also it was heart breaking to see Kanye watch Tucker Carlson on his phone and push back to everyone that was saying he was being negative. Coodie, director, makes a point that people miss the old Kanye, but the documentary proves that Kanye has always been like this.

I haven't seen the documentary, and it's obviously bad that Kanye's a right-winger, but what really failed here is the U.S.'s oligarchic two-party system. Like he was 100% correct to zero in on the fact that the Obama 'post-racial era' did gently caress all for his hometown city, and so the lack of viable alternative options lead him to pivot hard to the right.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

I will bitch about this in and every thread that I can. This is a real loss. I’ve actually gotten Father to throw stuff on Bandcamp so that he gets a larger cut and I get an MP3.

It’s an absolute slap in the face of users and artists alike.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
new Conway album is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIHphNy0j94

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

It is loving incredible. Been listening to it non-stop for a week.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Boywhiz88 posted:

I will bitch about this in and every thread that I can. This is a real loss. I’ve actually gotten Father to throw stuff on Bandcamp so that he gets a larger cut and I get an MP3.

speak for yourself I’m already gearing up for open eagle mike in fortnite

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:hmmyes:

Boywhiz88 posted:

I guess I don't understand why it's awful? Epic Games is kinda lovely, right? Like is this gonna gently caress the artists over?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
There’s absolutely no way that Epic doesn’t start to shift the terms of things. Maybe I’m wrong but I definitely see a world where artists end up with a raw deal after this, even if it’s not right away.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus christ

https://twitter.com/pinatafarms/status/1499117023900618755?s=20&t=DAGI3sB-XX7eXm7Hejr-Fw

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I've really turned around on Eazy, I love that beat lmao

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Pete Davidson smashing Kim even harder whenever Kanye disses him.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

it must be an absoultey brutal time to be a high schooler named peter right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011
If my wife left me over concerns over my mental health and I was desperate to win her back, I couldn't think of a better way than making a claymation video of me holding her new boyfriend's decapitated head