Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah just saw that, gently caress me.

That's an absolutely massive grab-the-pitchforks level rort if people can prove it's happening consistently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Nam Taf posted:

Cor blimey this is a work of art

Even coming back from London, the variety and quality of Asian food here kicks the snot out of there. Sushi is half the fuckin’ price and they’ve not invented trains despite inventing trains. Quality suburban banh mi? lol yeh nah you wish.

I can’t possibly imagine Canickistan having more of that than London.

gently caress, I forgot to get a decent laksa. Wasted my trip

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Fucken bewdy.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Nam Taf posted:

Cor blimey this is a work of art

Even coming back from London, the variety and quality of Asian food here kicks the snot out of there. Sushi is half the fuckin’ price and they’ve not invented trains despite inventing trains. Quality suburban banh mi? lol yeh nah you wish.

I can’t possibly imagine Canickistan having more of that than London.

Melbourne's Asian food scene shits all over San Francisco's too, another place with historic old Asian cultures and newer ones. Proximity to Asia and high quality produce at affordable(lol) costs is doing wonders here.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Infinitum posted:

Yeah just saw that, gently caress me.

That's an absolutely massive grab-the-pitchforks level rort if people can prove it's happening consistently

How do you even pretend it's an accident? "Take the values in this column and add them up" is the most basic poo poo a computer can do.

I do wonder if this sort of error carries over to receipts. Make it a lot easier to track down.

I know I'll be using the calculator on my phone from now on for small purchases and checking the receipt for larger ones.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Someone figure out the issue is that the displayed discounts were not applied to the total

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

e - whoops, got the threads mixed up sorry

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 14, 2024

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Turn's out my Nieces boyfriend is in the new Lamb ad and I didn't notice.

Gonna give that Gen Z poo poo so much poo poo the next time I see him :v:

Apparently my brother has already cut me off at the pass and his nickname is now Day-Z

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Serious question will trimming all my body hair with my electric razor make this heatwave any more bearable

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

For a time. Until the regrowth starts to get all itchy and spiky and ingrown. Depends what your definition of bearable is I guess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Probably not unless you're like, Robin Williams hairy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shaved my head yesterday, cause gently caress the humidity.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Infinitum posted:

Shaved my head yesterday, cause gently caress the humidity.

I copped a funny look from a tradie while I was in my sarong into the local chippie

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gotta wear underwear with the sarong, mate

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Serious question will trimming all my body hair with my electric razor make this heatwave any more bearable

make yourself pure

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Now that society has normalised women shaving in commercials, we can work on hairy guys like myself shaving our beer bellies in the sink, which is what i’ve been doing since my last post

e: perth goonmeet, need someone trustworthy to do my back and rear end crevice

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jestery posted:

I copped a funny look from a tradie while I was in my sarong into the local chippie

You're in ;)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
my beard trimmer has a body hair head that i find better to fix up my stubble

its real nice and wide

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Now that society has normalised women shaving in commercials, we can work on hairy guys like myself shaving our beer bellies in the sink, which is what i’ve been doing since my last post

e: perth goonmeet, need someone trustworthy to do my back and rear end crevice

Do not shave your arse crack. I will not provide any further detail but you should trust me on this.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Infinitum posted:

Gotta wear underwear with the sarong, mate

I gotta wear the underwear Goku does

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bill Posters posted:

Do not shave your arse crack. I will not provide any further detail but you should trust me on this.

razor for rear end bum

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Lube Enthusiast posted:

did it work?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Anyone got any recommendations for electric whipper snippers? Something with a rudimentary hedging bit would be nice but ultimately I just need something to replace my 2 stroke job that is falling apart and can barely even hold a cord, I can always borrow a Hedger when necessary if it means saving a hundred bucks. Battery life isn't super relevant, I need it for twenty minutes a week tops but something that uses thicker cord would be nice, like more than 1.5 at least cause I have some gnarly weeds around the place I need to hack down once every month or so

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I've got a Ryobi one+ and it kinda sucks cutting through anything remotely thick.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I bit the bullet and bought a Ryobi 36V line trimmer. Finally free of all my fuel powered gardening tools. All battery now. They don't have the torque of petrol power, but once you have the batteries, you're golden.

I also replaced the head of the line trimmer with one of these:

I hate the regular feed heads. If the line snaps inside the head, they're a loving nightmare.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 14, 2024

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
we got a red one that has tiny plastic blades instead of line

its not bad

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Jestery posted:

Wear a bintang shirt and some Oakley's and you'll fit right in like you just got back from Bali.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for electric whipper snippers? Something with a rudimentary hedging bit would be nice but ultimately I just need something to replace my 2 stroke job that is falling apart and can barely even hold a cord, I can always borrow a Hedger when necessary if it means saving a hundred bucks. Battery life isn't super relevant, I need it for twenty minutes a week tops but something that uses thicker cord would be nice, like more than 1.5 at least cause I have some gnarly weeds around the place I need to hack down once every month or so

The entry level Ryobi one is a bit gutless but it does share a battery with a bunch of other Ryobi tools which is handy. It cuts most stuff but it definitely struggles with woody weeds like nightshade. The 36V version is probably better but you pay a shitload more for it.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The 18 volt ryobi whipper snipper is crap, I've got one I still use out of spite and tightarsedness but would never buy another one. It can barely handle cutting a bit of grass up against a post, can't do edges properly if they're a bit overgrown and is useless for heavy grass or weeds.

ili fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 14, 2024

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
I've got an 18v Ozito xpxc that uses the replaceable plastic blades instead of wire that despite being a cheapie has been working for years. If anything it's just the batteries being poo poo that is the issue with it, have gone through several. Never had an issue with the plastic blades that everyone seems to be annoyed about, as unless I am smacking pavement or rocks they don't break off easily. Have to replace them more than wire, but that's about it.

Have even used it for mowing the entire front verge when I didn't have a working mower and it managed.

Fine for grass or light weeds, anything with a decent stem (more than a few cm thick) I just yank out. Otherwise yeah I'd be hacking away at it for too long.

Whoforthenwhat fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 14, 2024

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Don't discount corded AC gear if you're within like 50m of a power point. Plenty of power, cheap and works just fine.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I dunno, a whipper snipper with a cord just seems destined for disaster.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I mean I totally get that some people just don't have the mental wherewithal to keep track of things like that, so use your judgement for sure.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Go petrol or go home

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
One more summer like this and I'm moving. I wanted to escape the heat but not the sun. It's been 2/3 overcast every summer for 3 years straight.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kharnifex posted:

Go petrol or go home

diesel or you’re a waster

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Yeah this summer has been a little soggy tbh. Gardening has been an exercise in getting what I can done when it’s not raining. It’s also tricky to get things like model cars done cause I can’t airbrush when it’s raining given I have to do that outside.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

well why not posted:

diesel or you’re a waster

Good luck with that, stick to 4 stroke

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Has anyone ever heard of the kangaroos paw (plant) be referred to as repetitive strain injury in their fuckin life? Or visa versa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Kharnifex posted:

Good luck with that, stick to 4 stroke

well why not posted:

2 stroke or you’re a waster