Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Foodahn posted:

I recently heard on the radio that uses the instrumental track from this Bob Marley & Lauryn Hill song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JREcKmXDeAs

I was a little upset when the song on the radio wasn't the song I thought it was, but after listening, it wasn't terrible and I'd like to know who it was by. Sounded like perhaps Erykah Badu or some similar chick.

I should point out that it's not a cover (not Colbie Caillat).

There was another song discussed in the comments for that video, K'la - All Your Love. Is that it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Oh. Yeah that's it. I remember reading "the song ends at 4:20 =P" but apparently I missed the Erykah Badu convo directly above it. Thanks

TK422
Dec 22, 2007

I hate being right
Ok, known intel about this one:

* Heard on a Futurecop! live session (http://www.yowie.com/show/2we)
* Probably a remix from some 80s song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9FwxiaIsz4

any clues?

FrenchConnection
Aug 27, 2007

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They don't see me coming: that's what you're missing."
A goon a while back ~2 years ago posted about his music. One of his songs was called "Tsar Bomba." It was electronic music and I can't remember who made it, let alone find the song. Any help?

SlumPrincess
Jan 1, 2006

Soon....soon I'm gonna make you a star

Chinapwns posted:

A goon a while back ~2 years ago posted about his music. One of his songs was called "Tsar Bomba." It was electronic music and I can't remember who made it, let alone find the song. Any help?

amg shows 2 electronic artists with songs called tsar bomba: princess wishingstar and nouveau fashion. Either of those ring a bell?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Brickhouse Betty posted:

I'm looking for a certain version of a song I can't seem to find anywhere.

The song is "The Song of the Volga Boatmen."

Somewhere, I heard a version of the song without any vocals. It was all instrumental, but it sounded like the full orchestra, just with some instrument taking the vocal lines. It's definitely NOT the Glenn Miller version, or any jazzy cover. There's no swing feel in the one I heard.

I have a horrible feeling I heard it in some movie score or video game somewhere, and they just did the piece for the movie and never released a recording of it, but I'm hoping someone somewhere has got a lead. It doesn't even have to be the specific version I heard, just an orchestral arrangement with no words.

Oof. This was used a ton in cartoons back in the 50's-60's for background filler for any 'serious' scene, Spongebob Squarepants, it was used for Soda Popinski's theme music in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out for the NES, the movie Lord of War, and I would guess a dozen other movies as well since it's public domain.

...and upon further googling, I think what you may be looking for is the Stravinsky adaptation for orchestra.

Brickhouse Betty
Sep 11, 2001

Well well well

Abugadu posted:

Oof. This was used a ton in cartoons back in the 50's-60's for background filler for any 'serious' scene, Spongebob Squarepants, it was used for Soda Popinski's theme music in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out for the NES, the movie Lord of War, and I would guess a dozen other movies as well since it's public domain.

...and upon further googling, I think what you may be looking for is the Stravinsky adaptation for orchestra.

That is IT. :ussr:

Thank ya!

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
I got this song stuck in my head and here is how I think it goes, I only know maybe some of the lyrics but, you may be able to identify it (probably not).

It goes like this "I've got a friend in yooooou (trumpet), I've got a friend in you (trumpet) I've got a friend in you (trumpet), I've got a friend, I've got a friend", then it goes off into a rap, I think its rap song anyway i really don't know.

Smashlampjaw fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Apr 30, 2011

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I swear I post about this every year or so, and I've been trying to figure this out for the past 5 years at least.

The song starts, I believe, with the following octave notes again and again (rendered by me in lovely MIDI)...

And then later in the song is the following melody on piano, accompanied by the same melody in a raspy voice singing lyrics.

Help me goons, you're my only hope :ohdear:

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Hey guys, please tell me you know what this melody is from, it's been driving me nuts. I feel like it's from the late 80's/early 90's, and I know I heard it as the intro music for some health show on CBS a couple of weeks ago. I figured it out on my guitar and just gotta know what it is:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Help me goons. This is going to be very vague, but hear me out.

I believe the song is by the Chemical Brothers, but I don't know what its called. In fact it may not be by the chemical brothers at all. Anyhow whatever it was I think my bro busted it out of a 2 CD set, but again, I'm unsure.

if I recall correctly the song consists of two main verses, both of which are long and different, though they both end with the music cutting out (or getting quiet), and he strings together a bunch of words ending in 'ey' (easy spleasy reasy.. something like that) and then he nails the final verse and the music kicks in loud again. I want to say something in the final verse was about fading to purple, or purple something...

I'm sort of on the fence if it was the Chemical bros, it could have been any artists in that vein, it was either them or DJ something-or-other

help me if you can, I know its extremely vague, my bro put it on a few times a few years ago, if I could ask him I would but that's a whole other story.

Radicals
Dec 16, 2005

I am dying trying to remember the name of a song, where in the video clip a woman who is in a wedding dress is on fire at the end of her bed and burning as she sings the song. It came out <2 years ago, it was very melancholic/depressing but the music was amazing. Any ideas?

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts

Radicals posted:

I am dying trying to remember the name of a song, where in the video clip a woman who is in a wedding dress is on fire at the end of her bed and burning as she sings the song. It came out <2 years ago, it was very melancholic/depressing but the music was amazing. Any ideas?

How To Destroy Angels - The Space in Between
Is this what you're looking for?

charliecantsurf
Jun 17, 2005

This is kinda tricky.

I heard this song on a college radio station while working out in Ellensburg, WA

I was a rock song, kind of raw sounding - kind of like a throwback 70s guitar driven sound with vocals that were.. distinct? Didn't really seem to match up with the tunes;

remember one bit of the chorus being "and I was down by the river" or "standing by the river"

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
The song I'm looking for is a mod file, possibly .it format, that I am dying to identify. The song is pretty short - like 20 or 30 seconds - but loops very well, and is very chiptune-ish. I recreated part of the intro as best I can; it is a pretty distinctive melody, so it should be easy to recognize despite my crappy musical skills:

Anony Mouse fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 30, 2011

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

charliecantsurf posted:

This is kinda tricky.

I heard this song on a college radio station while working out in Ellensburg, WA

I was a rock song, kind of raw sounding - kind of like a throwback 70s guitar driven sound with vocals that were.. distinct? Didn't really seem to match up with the tunes;

remember one bit of the chorus being "and I was down by the river" or "standing by the river"

"Down By The River" by Neil Young? not exactly a "throwback," but it seems to meet the criteria, otherwise.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008

Smashlampjaw posted:

I got this song stuck in my head and here is how I think it goes, I only know maybe some of the lyrics but, you may be able to identify it (probably not).

It goes like this "I've got a friend in yooooou (trumpet), I've got a friend in you (trumpet) I've got a friend in you (trumpet), I've got a friend, I've got a friend", then it goes off into a rap, I think its rap song anyway i really don't know.

Okay I got this, I had the lyrics totally wrong :laffo: it was Outkast - I like the way you move...

Radicals
Dec 16, 2005

The Bacon God posted:

How To Destroy Angels - The Space in Between
Is this what you're looking for?

That's the very one, thank you!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Found this on a CD-R labeled "Icelandic Heavy Metal". It sounds familiar but I really have no idea who the group is, if anyone has any idea that'd be great! (is there a tineye for music?)

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

RentACop posted:

Found this on a CD-R labeled "Icelandic Heavy Metal". It sounds familiar but I really have no idea who the group is, if anyone has any idea that'd be great! (is there a tineye for music?)

Turmion Kätilöt - Rautaketju

doo doo guy
Jan 2, 2008

I heard an awesome remix to this song but I can't remember the name to look up.

http://tindeck.com/listen/yejv

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

ParkerM posted:

I heard an awesome remix to this song but I can't remember the name to look up.

http://tindeck.com/listen/yejv

Edvard Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpzxKsSEZg

I'm fond of this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhKe-Z-NhBs

doo doo guy
Jan 2, 2008

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Edvard Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpzxKsSEZg

I'm fond of this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhKe-Z-NhBs

Yes yes yes thanks

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Awesome, thank you

Immortal Wombat
Jan 19, 2005

Everliving Marsupial
I need to know the name of this tune. It sounds like glam rock guitar to me (like in a Garry Glitter song) but there are no words (at least in the part of the tune that I heard). I'm pretty sure it's a famous tune.

Please excuse my embarrassingly poo poo rendition using my worthless goony mouth:

iceberg sleaz
Apr 28, 2011

AAA
edit: found it.

iceberg sleaz fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 2, 2011

OozieNelson
Dec 20, 2008
I have been trying to figure out the name of this song for a long time. I found it on an old CD I burned titled "Techno Mix" when I was much younger. Since it has no words, I cannot figure out the name or artist. I made a Youtube video of it. If anyone can identify this song it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vEPc2xzNhg

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

OozieNelson posted:

I have been trying to figure out the name of this song for a long time. I found it on an old CD I burned titled "Techno Mix" when I was much younger. Since it has no words, I cannot figure out the name or artist. I made a Youtube video of it. If anyone can identify this song it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vEPc2xzNhg

"Escape (Electro Mix)" by Kay Cee (or one of the mixes of Kay Cee's "Escape 2000" -- I think it's that one)

OozieNelson
Dec 20, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

"Escape (Electro Mix)" by Kay Cee (or one of the mixes of Kay Cee's "Escape 2000" -- I think it's that one)

That's the one! Thank you very, very much!!

OozieNelson
Dec 20, 2008
There is one more that has been bugging me for a long time as well. A while back I went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum in Orlando. I took some video footage of myself and my brother in one of those spinning black light tunnel things. There was this crazy techno song playing as I was in it. Here is a rip of the audio from the videos. Does anyone know the name of this techno song? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTwupwz6FDw

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

OozieNelson posted:

There is one more that has been bugging me for a long time as well. A while back I went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum in Orlando. I took some video footage of myself and my brother in one of those spinning black light tunnel things. There was this crazy techno song playing as I was in it. Here is a rip of the audio from the videos. Does anyone know the name of this techno song? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTwupwz6FDw

Some version of Blue Fear by Armin van Buuren (skip to around 3:30 to hear the melodic bit that's in your clip)

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.
I heard a song on college radio today that I cannot find for the life of me and feel like an idiot.

It has a male and female vocalist and an indie, vaguely electronica and sounded something like Belle and Sebastian (it might be them, actually) or maybe Peter, Bjorn, and John.

The only lyric I remember is something about "dig deeper but no too deep" or something like that.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I just heard this fantastic remix of Harder Better Faster Stronger on the radio a couple of minutes ago. It had sort of a Jazzy backup vocals 70s vibe going for it. I checked the website but for some reason they're not showing the names of the songs today.

If anyone knows the remix I'm talking about that'd be fantastic.

The DJ was actually about to say the name of it after the song, "And that was a remix of Harder Better Faster Stronger by [static]". The station then dropped out for a couple of minutes, probably since they're on terrible backup equipment after the recent earthquake here in Christchurch but man was it frustrating.

OozieNelson
Dec 20, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

Some version of Blue Fear by Armin van Buuren (skip to around 3:30 to hear the melodic bit that's in your clip)

Thank you again! You indeed are a music knowledge master.

SlumPrincess
Jan 1, 2006

Soon....soon I'm gonna make you a star

Law posted:

I just heard this fantastic remix of Harder Better Faster Stronger on the radio a couple of minutes ago. It had sort of a Jazzy backup vocals 70s vibe going for it. I checked the website but for some reason they're not showing the names of the songs today.

If anyone knows the remix I'm talking about that'd be fantastic.

The DJ was actually about to say the name of it after the song, "And that was a remix of Harder Better Faster Stronger by [static]". The station then dropped out for a couple of minutes, probably since they're on terrible backup equipment after the recent earthquake here in Christchurch but man was it frustrating.

The only remix I know of is "Work is Never Over" by Diplo, but if you want the 70s vibe "Cola Bottle Baby" by Edwin Birdsong is probably a lot closer to what you want :v:

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

Poop Delicatessen posted:

I heard a song on college radio today that I cannot find for the life of me and feel like an idiot.

It has a male and female vocalist and an indie, vaguely electronica and sounded something like Belle and Sebastian (it might be them, actually) or maybe Peter, Bjorn, and John.

The only lyric I remember is something about "dig deeper but no too deep" or something like that.

Islands - Rough Gem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpQwZ_gdE1w

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.

Green Eyed Loco-Man posted:

Islands - Rough Gem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpQwZ_gdE1w

That's it, thanks.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Heard this on the radio yesterday:

I also heard a modern-sounding blues rock song with the repeated lyrics, "you bring me down". Sounded sort of like "Crosstown Traffic" by Jimi Hendrix in a weird way.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

machchunk posted:

Heard this on the radio yesterday:

That's "San Pedro" by Mogwai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

SlumPrince posted:

The only remix I know of is "Work is Never Over" by Diplo, but if you want the 70s vibe "Cola Bottle Baby" by Edwin Birdsong is probably a lot closer to what you want :v:

Definitely close, but I'm fairly sure it used the original vocals. Also it had a bit of electric guitar going on in the background.