Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Harris
Nov 2, 2004

For relaxing times,
make it
Suntory time.
I'm curious to know what happens after you do Lockinfo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
Anyone using ShowCase (e: and/or BytaFont) having an issue where the keyboard goes black when the capital letters are engaged in any app? I'm on a 4, and it happens at the beginning of every sentence and when caps lock is engaged.

Banzai 3 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 8, 2013

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Banzai 3 posted:

Anyone using ShowCase (e: and/or BytaFont) having an issue where the keyboard goes black when the capital letters are engaged in any app? I'm on a 4, and it happens at the beginning of every sentence and when caps lock is engaged.

When I had BytaFont installed, I did NOT have this issue.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Banzai 3 posted:

That's just hard mode. I used to have that back in 5.1.1 but haven't begun using showcase in 6.1.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Banzai 3 posted:

This happened once for me and I just shut down and brought it back up. It hasn't come back since and I've never been able to replicate it.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

IncendiaC posted:

I know this is a :rolleyes: topic, but has anyone's battery life on iOS 6 been distressingly bad? I'm not talking about the "my battery percentage went from 90% to 88% in 2 minutes" whining. My 4S has gone from ~70% to 20% in under 4 hours, and it was on standby the entire time with no backgrounded apps.

Also, my phone has been randomly respringing/restarting, which has never happened before until yesterday. The only new apps I've installed on iOS 6 are Kill background (Remove background SBSettings toggle doesn't work) and Autoprotect so I'm not sure if it's the evasi0n JB being buggy or a poorly iOS6-ported Cydia app.

I have no less than 32 packages installed from Cydia, plus all their dependencies, plus all the stuff that Cydia has on a default install. Stuff like WinterBoard, SBSettings, NCSettings, f.lux, Nitrous, Activator, etc.

I went to bed with 100% battery, I woke up (~6 hours later) with 100% battery. I've been using my phone quite a bit since this morning. Installing and updating apps, chatting with friends, and even testing out some games (NES.emu, GBA.emu, and Snes9x EX+). After a few hours of use, I'm down to 81%.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1. I have not noticed any battery issues.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
So I got springtomize 2 to replace fakeclockup. But it seems that the animation speed thing in springtomize is just inside of an app not the same as fakeclockup which will also speed up switching app transition. Anyone know how to get it to behave the same way or is it not possible?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Auxo is pretty drat awesome but it really needs more toggles so I can get rid of NCSettings.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.
Auxo is neat but kinda buggy for me. Swiping up to reveal the task switcher isn't an issue, but if I ever double-click the home button (out of old habit) the phone crashes into safe mode. Every time.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

bazaar apparatus posted:

Auxo is neat but kinda buggy for me. Swiping up to reveal the task switcher isn't an issue, but if I ever double-click the home button (out of old habit) the phone crashes into safe mode. Every time.

Doesn't happen to me- what other mods are you running? Must be some sort of conflicting thing- maybe an activator setting to launch something is trying to open whenever you do that?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

bazaar apparatus posted:

Do you have Lockdown Pro installed?

ghost
Jul 23, 2002

Something of note for anyone using Auxo: if you want to un-pair a bluetooth device you must either start in safe mode or uninstall Auxo.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

Shmoogy posted:

Doesn't happen to me- what other mods are you running? Must be some sort of conflicting thing- maybe an activator setting to launch something is trying to open whenever you do that?

adm posted:

Do you have Lockdown Pro installed?

Here's my full list of Cydia apps at the moment:

Activator
Auxo
biteSMS
CallBar
ChargingBackground
Cyntact
NCSettings
Springtomize 2
Zephyr

As for Activator, the only thing I've set up is "From anywhere, swipe right on status bar to bring up biteSMS Quick Compose"

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Ah hmm. I'm not using the last five on that list, the devs are pretty receptive though. @A3tweaks

I'm going to ditch it once SwitcherMod is updated though.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

bazaar apparatus posted:

Activator
Auxo
biteSMS
Zephyr

I have all these and no problems. If I had to guess, it's probably something in Springtomize. I have SB settings which is pretty much NCsettings

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

bazaar apparatus posted:

Me too. Not every time, but the only time my phone crashes is on a double-click of the home button. Didn't have any crash issues before installing Auxo. I've also noticed Auxo lagging when I swipe through my open apps.

Haven't uninstalled it because I love it when it works, but it's still an odd bug.

Installed tweaks:
Auxo
Activator
Bars
BiteSMS
DietBar
Dreamboard (not active)
f.lux
FakeClockUp
NCSettings
Nitrous
Poof
Springtomize
Winterboard (not active)
Zeppelin

My theory is that it's something with Springtomize, but I don't rightly know. I don't have anything activated on Springtomize that messes with task switching.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Is there a tweak to put newly purchased/installed apps on the first page if there is room? This is a dumb little annoyance, but fixing dumb little annoyances is the whole point jailbreaking.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Iconoclasm or Gridlock?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
How do I use icons from a theme for other apps? I mean like how Fantastical, Gmail, and Google Maps aren't covered by this theme and use the themes' Reminders, Mail, and Maps cons in place.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Daryl Surat posted:

I was losing my mind trying to figure out what suddenly caused this to start happening, since I was in the same boat. Thanks.

Figured someone might have ran into it wondering wtf. :v:

So if AptBackup or whatever it's called is garbage, is there a better solution? I think someone here mentioned one that uploads to dropbox but I don't recall the name.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there a free app/tweak to place Calendar Events on my lockscreen, that doesn't require Cydget? Cydget doesn't work with iOS 6 (yet?).

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

the only good backup method is the packages.txt method outlined in the OP.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Bob Harris posted:

I'm curious to know what happens after you do Lockinfo.

Added lockinfo about an hour ago, no memory issues yet.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
I noticed that when I connect to my device as mobile, some of the permissions in the home directory didn't look correct.

/var/mobile had stuff that belonged to root. It looked like some apps (which ran as root, such as SBSettings) was creating folders (for settings) while running as root, so the folders belonged to root.

I changed ownership of everything to mobile (inside /var/mobile). Anyone think this was a bad idea?

(chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile)

Edit: it looks like that's what "Fix User Dir Permissions" does in SBSettings.

Xenomorph fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 8, 2013

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

PkgBackup seems to kill iCloud backups. You can still backup locally but anything else fails immediately. A few people have made the dev aware so hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

https://twitter.com/jibrilg

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Is there a list of good Cydia apps? I keep seeing a bunch of good ones just by checking this thread periodically but I'd like a one-stop shop. What about a blog or review site?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Bouchacha posted:

Is there a list of good Cydia apps? I keep seeing a bunch of good ones just by checking this thread periodically but I'd like a one-stop shop. What about a blog or review site?

I've mostly been going off of this list buried a few pages back.

Christoff posted:

A lot. This needs to be in the OP. It's like you people need to be convinced to jailbreak.

3G Unrestrictor - gets rid of the silly "WiFi only" limitations of many apps. If I have nearly-unlimited data and a 10 Mbps+ cellular connection, why force me to download everything on the lovely 0.5 Mbps public WiFi I'm sharing with a hundred people???
biteSMS/irealsms - Respond to a text from lockscreen or while in any app. Among a ton of other things. I purchased irealsms years ago when it was the go-to one. Now it seems like bitesms is a lot more popular.
BytaFont - to pick different fonts, and WinterBoard to pick different icons. It can give an OS that has looked the same since 2007 a fresh appearance.
CyDelete - Delete cydia apps like an apple app (jiggle, click x, etc)
f.lux - Adjusts light levels throughout the day for a more pleasurable view(It's originally an awesome computer program that you should use)
Five Icon Dock
FolderEnhancer
iFile
LockInfo
MyWii - Tetherning. A word of caution for AT&T users, though. They will take away your unlimited data
SBSettings - Swipe title bar (Or whatever you call where the time is) to bring a menu to do multiple things like turn data off/on, wifi, go into airport mode, etc. A lot of apps have toggles that you can add to this as well. It also does a lot of other things. Everyone jailbroken phone should have it
ncsettings - like sbsettings. I haven't used it yet personally. Some people like it better apparently it's a much cleaner look
Zephyr - Swipe up to simulate hitting the home button. Swipe left to right to go between background apps. I can only imagine how much better this will work on the iphone 5. It lagged a bit on the 4.
Fakeclockup - Speed up the iphone animations making your iphone seem like it's superwhizbangfast. Worked great on the 4 can only imagine it on the 5. 1.4x seems to be a good ip5 speed
Winterboard - If you don't know what this is don't jailbreak your phone.
MapsOpener - causes all navigation links to open in Google Maps instead of Apple Maps.
NoSpot - to disable the Spotlight page if you never use it. I've been using iOS since mid-2009. After all that time, the only way I end up on the Spotlight page is by accident. NoSpot lets me turn it off.
Cyntact - for adding photos to my Contact list. It's easier for me to quickly find someone by picture, sometimes.
Barrel - for awesome icon transitions. When you swipe between pages it allows you customize different animations for the icons. It's actually pretty cool. Probably check out a youtube video of it.
Action menu - Adds additional options to the copy/paste bit for the iphone.
Activator - Pretty much endless options. Hit the volume up button to open x app, double click power button to open this app, etc. This in combination with springflash allows you to open the flashlight when your phone is locked,
Lastapp - Quickly switch previous app
SmallBanners - Makes banner notifications one-line height
WiCarrier - Shows current Wifi SSID in place of carrier
AutoProtect - Allows you to bypass Passcode on home wifi
ShowCase - Shows lowercase letters in keyboard when relevant
killBackground - makes low-memory devices way better. Android has always had Task Killers, and now Android 4+ has a CLOSE ALL button, even on devices with 2 GIGS of RAM. Why can't iOS? Many iOS devices have 256MB of RAM, and could really use a "close all" button. (I used remove background instead. I assume it does the same thing. You can add it as a toggle in SBsettings)

Don't forget the compatibly list for ios6 posted a few pages back

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AsxLituOoyr9dGRaMk1YSWxYMk9RWmU3UHBwVWFVYkE&toomany=true#gid=0

Make sure you check that google doc's list.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Trying out the Asymmetric HD theme and I'm getting a weird bug:

Instead of the Asymmetric HD lockscreen, I get the regular iOS lockscreen. Then when I slide to unlock, I see the Asymmetric lockscreen for a split second before the main screen appears.

I've disabled pretty much every cosmetic tweak I can find, and it's still happening. Even after resprings and reboots. Any ideas?

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:
I had a problem with battery drain and my phone would stay warm even while it was off and I hadn't touched it for hours. The first thing I suspected was Autoprotect, and after uninstalling that everything returned to normal. I don't know whether it was a bad install or what. Just thought I would throw this out there in case anyone had similar issues, it might be a good place to start.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
No issues yet with Lockinfo installed. I think Autoprotect might have been my culprit.

Edit: SpotRemover was causing issues. I couldn't open any folders and screen to screen transitions were choppy. Uninstalling SpotRemover fixed the issue.

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 9, 2013

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Bouchacha posted:

There's the generic compatibility list JayKay posted and there's also the slightly more informative and less broad goon JB app list I started years ago. It has descriptions and prices and (my personal) recommendations that I'm still updating for iOS6. I know Xenomorph and several other goons have been updating it a bunch. Feel free to add your own opinions and comments and of course compatibility results for 6.1 are also appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah09Sy6aGB8hdEVaemF1VXRYbXVjY0wyZGdnZThuQUE&authkey=CMmC_5gE&authkey=CMmC_5gE#gid=0

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

JayKay posted:

I've mostly been going off of this list buried a few pages back.

Make sure you check that google doc's list.

Added some -

bolt - Takes away the battery in the top bar. Adds a lighting bolt when you're charging. (Springtomize will do this - Sans the lightning bolt)
icleaner - "So if you have a mac, the chances are you will have heard of the infamous app ‘Clean My Mac’ and this is essentially what his cydia utility ‘iCleaner’ does for your device. It will remove all system files which are no longer in use, e.g logs, caches etc. which all amount to a large amount of pointless data. iCleaner is a very useful little utility, and is available for free from the BigBoss repo."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RbmCPR06U4
nitrous- iOS (Jailbroken): One of the big complaints about running a third party browser like Chrome on the iPhone is that it's always a little slower because Apple blocks third party apps from using its Nitro Javascript Engine. Nitrous is a new jailbreak tweak that adds that functionality into any app you want.
With Nitrous installed, any app that accesses the internet can get access to the Nitro Javascript Engine through the Settings page. This includes all your browsers, like Chrome, but also any other app that uses a webkit browser, like Facebook or Twitter.
I can't say I've noticed any different, even placebo, but who knows. Apparently noticeable boost in the awfulapp.
tcpoptimizer - TCP Optimizer which is a small tweak that supposedly makes streaming youtube videos faster on your iOS device. Engineered by the same fellas who made pushfix the tweak has some credibility behind it.
To download the tweak add http://cydia.pushfix.info/ to your cydia sources and install via the newly added repo.
springtomize 2 - Tweak almost everything on your iphone. Gets rid of a lot of those apps you have that do one thing. " you’ll be able to customize all kinds of features of your SpringBoard, such as your device’s animations, capabilities, features of the dock, features of the lock screen, features of your icons, features of your folders, features of your App Switcher, features of your Status Bar, features of Notification Center, and a whole lot more."
Zeppelin - Change the carrier logo. Not to text
http://www.teamsphone.com/apple-ios/zeppelin-jailbreak-tweak-to-change-carrier-logo-of-iphone-5094.html
Auxo - Great multi-tasking app. It's best to just watch the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Q_97exnJk
RespringCacheFix - http://chrislowthian.co.uk/fix-the-ios-6-1-respring-bug-with-respringcachefix/422/

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 9, 2013

Yeti Yeti Yeti
Mar 27, 2010
Are there any tweaks for the iPad that locks the orientation for the lockscreen and homescreen ONLY?
And anything that disables the dimmed background on the lockscreen when it asks for the passcode?

supercow
Aug 11, 2009
I've read a few pages back because I had some lockinfo questions but I guess that's what everyone else is angry about too? My infoshade works fine, I just want my lockscreen to look like my infoshade. Am I doing something wrong or is lockinfo just really janky? It doesn't even come with a clock... I used lockscreen clock hide and now there's just a blank space on top.

I just want this (lockscreen)

to look like this (infoshade)

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Not condoning piracy: However, I have said multiple times before, the primary benefit of jailbreaking is to pirate apps. Not that I do it, I have paid at least 40$ this month since the JB was released. However, that's all there is to it. The majority of iOS users are teenagers who don't have access to real money.

Ethically, if you jailbreak, to enable tethering, thereby circumventing your carrier's paid plan for tethering, is the same. Just because you believe that you should be able to use the bandwidth how you see fit, doesn't make it ethical. It falls outside of the contract you signed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is SpotRemover for getting rid of the Spotlight Search page? If so, you should check out NoSpot. It's what I use, and no battery issues, as far as I can tell.

Also, Zeppelin should be on all lists. Even if you're like me, and on an iPod, you can still use it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hunter x az posted:

Not condoning piracy: However, I have said multiple times before, the primary benefit of jailbreaking is to pirate apps. Not that I do it, I have paid at least 40$ this month since the JB was released. However, that's all there is to it. The majority of iOS users are teenagers who don't have access to real money.

Ethically, if you jailbreak, to enable tethering, thereby circumventing your carrier's paid plan for tethering, is the same. Just because you believe that you should be able to use the bandwidth how you see fit, doesn't make it ethical. It falls outside of the contract you signed.

Why did you post this? What are you trying to address here? Who are you responding to?

Also, not following the terms of a contract is neither inherently unethical nor does it violate copyright.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

hunter x az posted:

Ask me how many pirated apps I use on a daily basis. Then ask me how many times I invoke BiteSMS to text someone from within an app. Or use LockInfo to trash an unimportant email. Or use Auxo, SBSettings, or NCSettings to connect to my VPN more quickly.

To put it more plainly, your suppositions about jailbreakers, the demographics of iPhone users, and the "ethics" regarding tethering are dumb, wrong, and unwarranted in this thread.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

hunter x az posted:

You don't say? Weird because there are pages and pages of posts here about jailbreaks apps that have nothing to do with piracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

hunter x az posted:

You blunder into a group of people, blather inanely about unwarranted assumptions regarding their motivations and morals, back up these claims with made up facts and statistics, hedge your bets by making false comparisons and back-handedly "understanding" these imagined transgressions while condemning them, ending with a conclusion out of no where. Are you a politician?

• Locked thread