Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are you searching for the English title? If so one would assume it would pick up anything yakuza related and not just about this game.

These are related to the game, at least tangentially, involving gravure models taking off their shirts, but it is marketing for the game. Reminds me of when Duke Nukem Forever had a marketing game with videos of UK models taking their tops off if you won some flash game or something. Countries outside US, they just seem to think outside the box more when it comes to marketing.

Oh actually these are part of the game I think. Pretty funny mixing live-action models with the CG world, nutty stuff, but hey why not. These lead to the zany game show stuff videos mentioned, anyways, carry on. (also I see you've beaten Yakuza 6, catching up here)

I'm gonna check out Yakuza 0 for starters, I've never played one of these! I did have Shenmue on Dreamcast.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I was in Osaka in October and walking through Dotonbori I saw one of the 'nightlife introduction places' that had had a RGG6-themed fitout on the outside. It was closed as it was during the day, though.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

El Hefe posted:

Looking for gameplay videos of Yakuza 6 leads you very quickly into the dark side of youtube and into some very depraved Japanese TV shows

Just found out the hard way if you know what I mean

Try searching for Ryu ga Gotoku 6 Inochi no Uta or 龍が如く6 命の詩 instead. You'll probably get more hits.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

uiruki posted:

I was in Osaka in October and walking through Dotonbori I saw one of the 'nightlife introduction places' that had had a RGG6-themed fitout on the outside. It was closed as it was during the day, though.

Sega really onow how to do product placement dont they while we fumble with doritos and mountain dew

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Is Kiryu the only playable character in 6?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

alcharagia posted:

Is Kiryu the only playable character in 6?
Yeah.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3UhT_AXorI

An American Yakuza Psycho.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
These guys are awesome.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

That put a smile on my face. SEGA is great again.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Games › Yakuza - The Big 0

edit:

Holy poo poo, I love SEGA these days.

precision fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 21, 2016

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

This is wonderful.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Alright, Yakuza 0 pre-ordered! I ended up doing a physical copy through Amazon even though I vastly prefer digital. I always feel guilty about paying full price for digital games since they started doing 20 percent off physical pre-orders for Prime members.

I whipped through Yakuza 4 (my first one) last month, and I'm a good chunk into 5 now. I like them a lot, but I'm glad they're going back to one protagonist. The individual chapters all feel too short to me, and the last boss of 4 was kind of a bummer since all of the 1 on 1 fights except the last one (which blew) felt pretty similar.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Yakuza 0 has 2 protags.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For the next week I am going to play Yakuza 5 for the first time.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

I said come in! posted:

Only one week?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Walker posted:

Only one week?

That is all of the time I have! :/

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really need to get around to finishing Yakuza 5 myself. I'm so pumped for 0 it's not even funny.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Enjoy, and just be prepared that Saejima and Haruka's chapters can be a slog.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

man nurse posted:

Enjoy, and just be prepared that Saejima and Haruka's chapters can be a slog.

Saejima's chapter is amazing and filled with all sorts of crazy poo poo.

Haruka's chapter is actually pretty short if you only do the required plot battles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've had a chance to play about an hour so far and I am loving this. The long cutscenes have real substance and matter and the way the game introduces the world, and mechanics are fantastic. The combat is great too and I love the little touches like how people just randomly pick fights with you on the street and it draws a crowd of onlookers in the background. Yakuza 5 feels authentic, immersive and looks great still on the PS3.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yakuza 5 was great. I'm so happy 0 will be coming very soon. Merry Christmas.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

El Hefe posted:

Haruka's chapter is actually pretty short if you only do the required plot battles.

I think this is what got me on my playthrough. I kept doing side stuff, and then kinda ran out of time.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah I need to power through Haruka's chapter so I can get back to punching dudes.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm so happy that were not only getting 0, but Kiwami and 6 as well

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm so happy that were not only getting 0, but Kiwami and 6 as well

Same, friend.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Do real life yakuza hang out at hostess bars? I would think it would be cheaper and easier to pick up girls at regular bars, but maybe it's because yakuza families run a lot of them anyway? I always thought it was weird how you see rowdy yakuza starting poo poo in hostess clubs in these games and Kazuma or Akiyama has to step in because all the bar has for security is a couple of nerds in waiter uniforms. You'd think they would hire bouncers, but maybe that would scare away the clientele.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

Randallteal posted:

Do real life yakuza hang out at hostess bars? I would think it would be cheaper and easier to pick up girls at regular bars, but maybe it's because yakuza families run a lot of them anyway? I always thought it was weird how you see rowdy yakuza starting poo poo in hostess clubs in these games and Kazuma or Akiyama has to step in because all the bar has for security is a couple of nerds in waiter uniforms. You'd think they would hire bouncers, but maybe that would scare away the clientele.

In Japan the ultimate pickup is to have sex with a girl you're paying to spend time with you who isn't supposed to have sex with you.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010
How the hell do you make money in this game? It seems like the enemies almost never drop any.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Do the gang stuff once it unlocks, that gets you enough.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

uiruki posted:

Do the gang stuff once it unlocks, that gets you enough.

When does that happen? I'm in chapter 3 walking around with Haruto.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

When does that happen? I'm in chapter 3 walking around with Haruto.

Reasonably soon, but you're probably still a couple hours away from it. You're kind of stuck for now, though - I got through that section with what I had in my inventory as I'd managed to come with about 1,000 yen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am over 4 hours in so far. Now that Christmas is over I will have this week to just play. This is so good.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
Yakuza 0: i feel like throwing up

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Yakuza 0: I never thought it would happen to me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yakuza 0: For the times they are a-changing

Yakuza 0: Pachinko and alcoholism sim 2017

Yakuza 0: Go home and be a family man!

Yakuza 0: Majima's Wild Eye Ride

Yakuza 0: Great, now my 3DS is useless!

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

precision posted:

Yakuza 0: Great, now my 3DS is useless!

You'll have to explain this one to me

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

River City: Tokyo Rumble might as well be part of the Yakuza series.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"It's Goro. Majima if you're nasty."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"TWO YAKUZA GAMES IN ONE YEAR"

• Locked thread