Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Honestly it can't be written off that Soma's already tried cooking with poo poo during his early years and got chewed out by his dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I believe in the power of peanut butter squid.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I believe in the power of peanut butter squid.

It all makes sense why that tastes so awful now

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

TheKingofSprings posted:

It all makes sense why that tastes so awful now

Hey!

That's not nice. :smith:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/232/4577/1

New chapter is finally up. Felt a little short sadly. We got a glimpse as to the bases for the dishes in Souma's match and Eizan being talked down to by Momo. Otherwise, not much development.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Grandpa being shady too.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
"I know you had a handpicked eugenics program to breed master chefs, Senzaemon!"

"No dude, I just want good chefs to go to my culinary academy, ya dumb poo poo."

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Gambling den dealer Megumi is my aesthetic

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Those last three pages feel like a lot of backpedalling is going on and I'm not sure exactly how

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Megumi's yellow dress is :3:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Those last three pages feel like a lot of backpedalling is going on and I'm not sure exactly how

i don't even begin to see it, 'new leader visits deposed former leader, both are mysterious at each other' is the kind of boilerplate that boilerplates are based on

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Patware posted:

i don't even begin to see it, 'new leader visits deposed former leader, both are mysterious at each other' is the kind of boilerplate that boilerplates are based on

It's going from "Senzaemon recruited Soma to go to Tootsuki" to "Senzaemon handpicked EVERYONE to go to Tootsuki", one's somewhat reasonable and the other is insane

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's going from "Senzaemon recruited Soma to go to Tootsuki" to "Senzaemon handpicked EVERYONE to go to Tootsuki", one's somewhat reasonable and the other is insane

...So.. fairly in keeping with the manga themes then? Let's not pretend this story has approached sanity at any point.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Old man recruiting them all owns actually

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
They mean he recruited the best of them right? Rather than the entire year's students. Because I can believe that much.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 22, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

No I want him to have recruited every single student because that's funny

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what i like is the implication that since he personally recruited all of the current class, that means he didn't do so for previous years. dude is so fuckin' lazy that him doing his job for once is treated like some grand conspiracy.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
y'all missing the big picture, season 3 airs next week

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

y'all missing the big picture, season 3 airs next week

Well, two weeks from now, it starts on the 3rd, doesn't it?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

he handpicked the ones who were actually going to make it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

he's so... serene.
Content.
Happy.

That's gonna be some drat good lemonade

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

They're oranges!!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Owned.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well, two weeks from now, it starts on the 3rd, doesn't it?

I'm just going by what the announcement in this chapter said

Bottom right corner http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/232/4577/4 (there were no details on the next page)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Elfgames posted:

he handpicked the ones who were actually going to make it

Keeping in mind that like 99% of the class will be gone between the beginning of 1st year and graduation, this is most likely what it means. So all the top 1st years who have names and poo poo, not all the riff raff who are namelessly going along with Central.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

blizzardvizard posted:

Gambling den dealer Megumi is my aesthetic

The whole colorspread this week is fantastic. Saeki Shun, do a gambling manga next.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I can't wait til Souma's "true blade" in that pot, is also revealed to be a false blade.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dexo posted:

I can't wait til Souma's "true blade" in that pot, is also revealed to be a false blade.

As well as actually belonging too someone else

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

As well as actually belonging too someone else

Soma was sharpshooting the entire time. :hellyeah:

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

net work error posted:

That's the twist. It wasn't a sword the entire time.

It was a tactical nuke.

The fiend!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

god if there's a loving shot of samurai soma pulling the sword and the armor falls away to reveal one of those yakuza sports jackets and he's got a gun

i'll nut

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

net work error posted:

Remember, they're going all in on the teamwork thing so it's very possible Souma is cooking part of Megumi or Takumi's dish just as they would for him.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Xelkelvos posted:

Remember, they're going all in on the teamwork thing so it's very possible Souma is cooking part of Megumi or Takumi's dish just as they would for him.

That would actually be a great piece of subterfuge, they're all prepping each other's meals so their opponents can't tell what the hell they're making.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
We are now one week from season 3

https://mobile.twitter.com/shokugeki_anime/status/912502100625473536

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Chapter's up: http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/233/4597/1

And a longer preview is out for the season: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SELSLl0_Gmw

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

good god that eizanface

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wow. That's certainly a face. :stare:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I wonder if he's going to try the Sadatsuka Curry trick of having such an overpowering flavor that it ruins whatever Takumi is doing with the beef and ginger there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Arist posted:

good god that eizanface

it's almost avatar worthy