Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hi, I'm your new teacher, Brown Jeff Sessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress is going on in this comic

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Skellybones posted:

What the gently caress is going on in this comic

Professor Indian Scarface was there as a replacement for some other teacher who was sick or whatever; now original teacher is back.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The original teacher was a woman, the original-original teacher was the guy whose husband got killed in a battle involving Megagirl.

Checking the early comics is a real trip.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I still hold some hope that Dr. Jerkshoes is a retired (but not reformed) supervillain, and his real goal was to teach Allison that yes Allison, Fascism is cool and good, embrace the dark side, and he can come back later and we can have a tearful Why Did You Betray Me scene.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Flesh Forge posted:

I still hold some hope that Dr. Jerkshoes is a retired (but not reformed) supervillain, and his real goal was to teach Allison that yes Allison, Fascism is cool and good, embrace the dark side, and he can come back later and we can have a tearful Why Did You Betray Me scene.

Nothing relating to superheroes will ever happen again, hope this helps

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Well that's basically the conclusion she came to, right?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Exactly, and I'm hoping the comic doesn't just leave it there like, "Well I thought about it a lot and yes, torture is good, Fascism owns, peace out y'all *mic drop*"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Now now, all sorts of political philosophies have endorsed violence as a means to get what you want/advance the cause.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's true, but the comic has always had a really strong subtext of "unilateral violence is really the best choice, and here's why" ("might makes right"). And yes this is a common thing you see in comics but like I've said before, I don't think this was ever intended to be just another Hurt The Bad People comic, which makes it much more troubling. It's like Frank Miller and Gloria Steinem collaborated on a comic :shrug:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
would you gently caress clevin

i'd gently caress clevin

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Every night I pray for Clevin's grace. Every night I pray to be visited by him.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

would you gently caress clevin

i'd gently caress clevin

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he's such an obvious stalker

I'LL SEE YOU FOREVER

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 5, 2017

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
lol

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

he's such an obvious stalker

I'LL SEE YOU FOREVER

ahahaha

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

He began to unzip the front of his organic hemp trousers, and I shuddered with anticipation at the sight of that massive bulge pushing out the front of his hand-knit underwear made with free-range alpaca wool.

"Do you like my codpiece?" he asked, and I nodded. We'd been interested in them since we saw some at the SCA convention last year, and Clevin had been wanting to buy one of his own. It was our own little game, a way to spice up our sex life -- or indeed, pumpkin-spice it up, just like the skinny pumpkin-spice organic mocha latte chai I always shared with him at the Grey Owl by the quad.

"There's something else I want to try," he said, "if you're up to it."

That's when I noticed the other man with him. My professor -- or rather, ex-professor -- waved to me and smiled.

"I read a comic about it on the internet." Clevin paused, as if building up confidence, then continued. "It's called 'cuckoldry.'"

I was glad that this time I had remembered to bring the hemp condoms.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

corn in the bible posted:

He began to unzip the front of his organic hemp trousers, and I shuddered with anticipation at the sight of that massive bulge pushing out the front of his hand-knit underwear made with free-range alpaca wool.

"Do you like my codpiece?" he asked, and I nodded. We'd been interested in them since we saw some at the SCA convention last year, and Clevin had been wanting to buy one of his own. It was our own little game, a way to spice up our sex life -- or indeed, pumpkin-spice it up, just like the skinny pumpkin-spice organic mocha latte chai I always shared with him at the Grey Owl by the quad.

That's when I noticed the other man with him. My professor -- or rather, ex-professor -- waved to me and smiled.

"I read a comic about it on the internet." Clevin paused, as if building up confidence, then continued. "It's called 'cuckoldry.'"

Clevin.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If you gently caress Clevin you become Clevin.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what happens to the previous clevin?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They ascend to Clevinhalla.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The curse is lifted and they are finally free.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that is clearly incorrect, because you're saying that clevin is not worse than AIDs

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
What's the collective noun for multiple clevin?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

an obsequiousness of clevins

e: an understanding of clevins

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Cloister. A cloister of clevins.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Cloister. A cloister of clevins.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I wonder if the professor just shaved.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

A clevin. A clevin of clevins. Clevin.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

They ascend to Clevinhalla.

Clevindiana

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Schwarzwald posted:

Clevindiana

Native Clevmericans

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Discendo Vox posted:

A nicety of Clevins.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Cat Mattress posted:

A clevin. A clevin of clevins. Clevin.

You are clevrect.

Runner up:

an obsequiousness of clevins

e: an understanding of clevins

Third:

Sindai posted:

A nicety of Clevins.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

corn in the bible posted:

ahahaha

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Let me use this example: Imagine four Clevins on the edge of a Clevin. Say a direct copy of the Clevin nearest the Clevin is sent to the back of the line of Clevins and takes the place of the first Clevin. The formerly first Clevin becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the Clevin.

Clevins work the same way.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Imagine a boot stamping on Clevin's face, forever

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
someone in this comic had better loving die soon, i don't care who

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
it better not be clevin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

Let me use this example: Imagine four Clevins on the edge of a Clevin. Say a direct copy of the Clevin nearest the Clevin is sent to the back of the line of Clevins and takes the place of the first Clevin. The formerly first Clevin becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the Clevin.

Clevins work the same way.

Zybourne Clevin. Which phase of the Clevin timeline are we in?

• Locked thread